Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Savage Lands

ortucis

Prophet
Looks like that Forest game, only in snowy lands.

To be honest, the only survival FPS game I have played is 7 Days to Die. It's good, but I got bored being chased by zombies while trying to create stuff very loudly, outside the rooms they were in. :P

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Was just in the $1 tier of a Humble Bundle. Played for an hour. It's shit. Another one of these perma Early Access survival games. Clunky/stilted animations and combat.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Another survival horror crafting garbage that never leave early access.
Will wait for birgirpall's video soon
Is there any game of that kind, that moved out from endless alpha/beta stage?

Yeesh

Magister
I also got it for that Humble $1, but it had been on my wishlist for some reason so I must have been interested ?question mark?

I dunno.

It's not horrible, it never crashed on me, but it's got some annoying quirks that make it lamer and slower than it needs to be, and more importantly it doesn't really feel like there's much to do. I feel like I got my fraction of a dollar's worth and I probably wouldn't even be choked up if I'd paid $5, but I can't really recommend it either.

I keep looking for one of these games that's good, but the genre seems to be split between MP games exclusively appealing to assholes on the one hand, and empty, pointless SP bore-fests on the other. I hate everything.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom