Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Scorn - another Giger influenced horror game released after long developement

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The trailer is pure awesome. The mood is perfect, sad thing is though, I will probably never play it because I'm a chicken :)

Cool looking trailer indeed. Still prepared to stop giving a shit once I've seen how it actually plays. Please prove me wrong devs.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
:necro:

Steam page:

- Scorn part 1 of 2? Is the game split into parts?

Yes, we are planning to release it in two parts, with the first part coming in 2017. These two parts represent everything that will ever be done. There will be no DLC, expansions or sequels. Ever.

bataille

Arcane
Oh my god, did they just name their game Dasein to indirectly reference Cronenberg's Existenz through Karl Jaspers?
We don't even need to go deeper.
The second part is probably going to be called Existenz anyway.

passerby

Arcane
If the Part 1 is a satisfying experience on its own, why not release it as stand alone and annouce a sequel later.
If the Part 1 is too little to stand alone why release it ? If they need money they could charge 30$ for early access and increase to 40$ when chapter 2 is finished.
Some would support them, some would wait, everyone would be fine with it.

This two parts split is a fucking bad marketing, even annoucing there is a second episode planned in advance is a bad idea, let alone calling them Part1 / Part 2.
It makes people think that half the game is not worth full price. It makes people wait for the part 2 for a complete experience.
It makes people think they can wait few months for a sale on the complete pack, after they've waited a year for part two. It causes the game drop out of peoples radar.

It makes part one a flop.

Starwars

Arcane
Hrm. The trailer makes it look rather boring. And as much as I love Giger's stuff, walking around in a biomechanical world like the one shown will get old pretty quick I think. I hope there's enough variety to actually make stuff jump out at you a bit, so it's just not all slimy and fleshy things throughout the entire game.

Some of the text from the kickstarter page makes it sound a bit more interesting but yeah... skeptical.

Ash

Arcane
The only problem I have with this concept is the gameplay will likely also be extremely minimalist. It's obvious they're striving for maximum realism, immersion, cohesion and atmosphere. That goal and the setting likely won't leave a lot of room for gameplay, but probably will result in an optimal horror and atmosphag experience. We'll see.

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners managed to be relatively fun and interesting despite prioritising those same things. It had puzzle elements, exploration, stealth, combat and ever-present mystery and intriguing storytelling driving you further. It is hopefully a game the devs have played and are drawing inspiration from, rather than walking sim horror games.

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
GamesRadar said:
This unnerving but not particularly gruesome survival-horror-FPS is creating its own horror genre not seen before in games.

SCORN’s horror is like nothing you’ve ever seen before

wut?

Meh, we'll see I suppose, though based on everything I've seen this is nothing particularly new at all.

Last edited:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I doubt it's gonna redefine the genre or some other similar shit. I just hope it will not be a walking simulator and have some meaningful gameplay.

Farewell into the night

Looks cool, but holy moli I wont play it - to scarred of night horrors.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom