Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I'm not sure about Daum build, but in original Dosbox Win98 works fine. A bit unstable, but fine.
Fine enough to run even on an Android device and play 2d games.

I see, I'm more interested in the Voodoo emulation, though, since I can get W98 or 95 running well in VirtualPC for 2D games if needed.

zwanzig_zwoelf

System Shock 2. Looks pretty good even today.

dKkFpfT.png
RPkB4Ux.png
Nl0ADAs.jpg
kZu6lJg.png
zfTMuK7.jpg
adGG2LX.jpg
kyznGdZ.jpg
4o9QoCW.jpg
zA0xURz.png
0vOqLRV.png
idEI6Cv.jpg
7HbTOa2.png
WkBcLn8.png

spekkio

Arcane
Prey and FEAR1 were the last FPS games I enjoyed.
Gravity-related gameplay / stage design make it one of its kind.

Some things are bad, though (voice acting, boss battles).

spekkio

Arcane
Bioshock Finite

Hardware renderer, Vsync on.
IMO it's best to use fixed res, with same value for external (window resolution) and internal (video mode). In my case it's 1024x768.
Filtering only affects the low res (menus):

Nearest:

1jLNdJe.jpg

Linear:

hAyRQy7.jpg

Game itself looks identical in both filtering modes.

1024x768 looks great:

4s1Xxs3.jpg

INAXsCW.jpg

And runs glorious, IMO faster than under DOS back in the day (software renderer seems to be running at "DOS speed").

Font is very readable in 1024x768, but slightly stretched vertically (compare 640x480):

pygyyx2.jpg

tl;dr

Good job.

:thumbsup:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
once more unto the breach

0wrPS3.jpg

ZENM1V.jpg

5Cnc4G.jpg

mroo6I.jpg

Jcfbx6.jpg

open season motherfuckers

cwyntS.jpg

uS6Hf6.jpg

DHFVOH.jpg

so much hate

rrBpE1.jpg

i8tlL8.jpg

fag can't even kamikaze properly

oulYP0.jpg

glorious nippon steel, kill two scum with one blow

gWFkSa.jpg

Q5j9Qy.jpg

rK8K2p.jpg

shoulda used three :negative:

oOj9N8.jpg

uh-oh

ez2OJT.jpg

gj retard

TaVdEm.jpg

Astral Rag

Arcane

It's arguably the best official id Tech 4 game but that isn't really saying much. It can look relatively good but in the end it's just another linear, brown, claustrophobic corridor shooter with some interesting weapons.

I remember looking forward to Prey in the late 90s, back then the project looked pretty impressive and it would probably have been a better shooter too if they had managed to release it around that time.

Last edited:

deuxhero

Arcane
Assaulting a bomb-shelter turned secret project bunker in Silent Storm.

Found an alternate person only enterance near the large obvious truck one. After clearing the minimal guards I start to sneak further into the bunker.

Steel and Kenko (routinely sent ahead as they are the only two with silenced weapons, Steel's silenced+scoped rifle is apparently the only one in the game. Game doesn't have any bonus for sticking characters of the same nationality together though) are trapped in the bend when their stealth fails, but luckily Eagle was positioned at the end of the hallway.
emlwcrkqsp.png

Being bunker guards, none of them except the guys guarding the unloading depot (which were killed silently) are equiped for long range gunfights (pistols and SMGs, including my first Thompsons) so Eagle kills 11 people (with 2 more deaths in the other hallways in a similiar trick) while Steel and Toki kill a few more that try to run through or go through their position to avoid running Steel's death trap.

howkjpvvdm.jpg

These guys chased Steel, apparently forgetting the layout of their own base. I didn't plan this out, but OK. (One weird thing of note is that Kenko has apparently gone blind, and needs Steel to have the door open to actually see the enemies here).

You know the thompsons I mentioned earlier? Don't care anymore, the two idiots were carrying STG-44 prototypes. Even just looking at the accuracy rate for a wall across the room the difference from the SMGs Kenko and Holly had is incredibile (SMGs in this game drop to 2% accuracy across a neighborhood street). There's a lot of neat loot in the mission.

Last edited:

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Yeah, it'd be a lot better with all the pixels on your large LCD like how it was intended when this game was first made.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
What's the name of the CRT shader? Something fucked going on at the top and bottom of screen.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom