Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

likaq

Arcane
Bugbears Ethnic Cleansing S(t)imulator 2003

:lol::lol::lol:

phi

Educated
I played through Darksouls again recently and made some screenshots:
r1aafHD.jpg

hxNuS6e.jpg

ANN4W7H.jpg

LLS0O9e.jpg

Rtsa0Vn.jpg

8ua4KoJ.jpg

Wn4jYXW.jpg

es3SbYa.jpg

B8pozBt.jpg

aNCCZDo.jpg

5enD3Rp.jpg
ycECzhO.jpg

4cFUcua.jpg

rbbCXfQ.jpg

goxHGjk.jpg

3zlVUvz.jpg

eQ3jvtU.jpg

SMRS3Bn.jpg

xVQBIZY.jpg

9LiVPjv.jpg
34fVaCH.jpg

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Looks interesting, never played it, worth trying ?
That's a hard question to answer.

Some, like myself, focus on the good (dungeon crawl, party creation, classless system, good looking paper dolls/character sheets, exploration rewards, phased based combat, puzzles, steampunkish setting) and see it as well worth trying.
Some focus on the bad (horrible textures even for its age, too damn hard puzzles, horrible navigation making you lost half the time, stupid AI making combat easy too soon, some useless skills requiring metaknowledge to avoid) and advise to stay away from it.
And all see the ugly (those ungodly hard platform parts, the almost unreadable automap of doom, the puzzles you need a walkthrough to solve and are yet damn hard to execute properly) that makes it plain it's not a classic.

So it's really a matter of taste. I say you take off and play the entire game from DOSBox, it's the only way to be sure.

EDIT : Fuck, who wouldn't want to play that :

1ZicEo1.jpg

6q8AWqy.jpg

aUw1jvh.jpg

Last edited:

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title

Thanks for comprehensive explanation. Which version are you playing: abandonware, GOG? Possible soloing? Yes, those paper dolls are awesome.
I play the GOG version and it works fine. As for soloing, I guess it can be done but I'm not very knowledgeable about this play style. I never soloed any party game, not even IE games. That's how attached to teamplay I am.

Malpercio

Arcane
What game?

White Night.

Old style Survival Horror, honesty not very good due to poor balancing, instant deaths everywhere and limited movements.
I wouldn't recommend it unless you have a huge boner for these kind of games (and even then you can probably find better...)

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Never heard of it ? Looks like first person Manhunt on screens.

DIWbsDf.jpg

:shredder:

oQ9FfoB.jpg

Fighting @Commisar Draco, I forgot how OP he is compared to the others. Had to replay this battle a couple of times. Which is nothing compared to Max who is the boss.

qRD5Cha.jpg

There is a cheat mode where you can activate him. If the computer wasn't using different attack patterns he could just shoot with his hand cannon to the ground and kill you . That attack is gonna leave a mark.

5mnlql5.jpg

Max is now is reaviling his true metal face, as he is T-800 T-17. Only Kintaro in MK2 was more asshole than him.

images%5Cchars%5Cgame%5Cninja_bbl-577.png

That was one good nostalgia trip.
And that soundtrack!

Baron Dupek

Arcane
REMOVE FUNGUS

One of the minibosses - Hendrack - looks like stereotypical Bad Guy in Full Armor with Big Pauldrons. He's a pushover. But when things went south for him...
C0etqyN.jpg

Damn, you're ugly. Don't know why but he reminded me Andrei from VtM: Bloodlines.

g77ephu.jpg

WAITAMINUTE
Isn't that big sword from Final Fantasy that was easter egg and then removed??
Guess what - they gave it to evil god Iuz who have like 10 attacks/round.
And the strongest swords in ToEE have nasty feature - they always hit (unless you're Balor Guardian from Fire Node).
See kids - anime IS evil!
My barb survived the wave of whacks just in time for
4Jr9wjh.jpg

A WILD HULK HOGAN APPEARED

44EOFI7.jpg

Die you leper bitch

2pHleAr.jpg

With destroyed orb she's total pushover. Even when she try to trick you at the low HP (and then get full healing back to 600hp) is not much a threat.
Silence+Stinking Cloud+Circle against Evil is the way to go.
Who knew that ringing a bell, dropping salt around you and throwing sweated socks make bitches mad..

I tested it before and orb does not help much and fight is still not as hard as Balor Guardian in Fire Mode is. Zuggy give you ~5k XP while Balor - 7,5k XP on lvl10.
You don't have good thief to steal his gem? Too bad.
Prepare your anus then.

Ending
G3VRlU4.jpg

lb9efWm.jpg

g0tetLS.jpg

209iQQx.jpg

xpRCdJW.jpg

Next stop - Verbobonc
verbobonc_01_sm.jpg

And dragons?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom