Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Astral Rag

Arcane
BFA18AEFAC4BDB86863A26F9A73ABF93D321CBAD

octavius

Arcane
Patron
I managed to defeat the first "boss" in Aleshar: The World of Ice on my first attempt.
Earlier I've been worried that my character's heart would burst, but now I was more worried about my own heart, as it was kind of a Duriel moment, being trapped in a confined space, not being able to save, and being forced to melee.
But with the sisu of a real Sartryn, Pingla Pinglason defated the demon summoned by the High Priests of Wisdom (wisdom indeed to summon a creature they can't control):

BabhGdj.png

mWevd8o.png

Strong Aryan Woman Simulator

You can shoot missiles a lot faster by rapidly alternating between missiles and weak shots. This lets you crush a lot of weakpoints on the earlier bosses. Probably common knowledge these days but it was a neat discovery when I was a lad.

A user named cat

Can't believe I never gave this game a fair shake years back but I finally finished SS 2. Yes, seriously my first time completing it.

If Deus Ex is the Godfather of FPSes, then SS2 is Goodfellas. What an experience and now I hate Bioshock that much more. I feel such pity for people who played through this 17 years ago and waited for a conclusion to the cliffhanger. Why is this game never commended for it's stellar writing though? Shodan's dialogue, all the audio logs and voices of the many. Amazing work that painted a masterpiece in storytelling without cutscenes and heaps of text.

I'm sure everyone has seen the game from head to toe at this point but maybe not with the latest texture projects.

lmlaoVe.jpg

4QyFUnb.jpg

f1LQXTS.jpg

pMNLazw.jpg

hlS4dKS.jpg

AFYOU8Z.jpg

HszSKvG.jpg

n9bpokF.jpg

2OeRedb.jpg

rRQVp9A.jpg

ntAZT5R.jpg

GumXy3U.jpg

TjWwHF1.jpg

BgYcRhQ.jpg

Dg8T3XR.jpg

EnY2bTB.jpg

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy

This reminds me of all the hubbub over SS2 fans trying to identify the people in the panels in the pleasure suites, and how it took years for them to get the last one.

For those curious, you're looking at Luke Perry, Juliette Lewis and Michael Biehn. Sadly I can't remember who the last one was.

tindrli

Arcane
H0nYDB.png

ctRMwv.png

0AZNpR.png

jd5DAN.png

KBLKxA.png

ZYHMIU.png

uWRfcE.png

ByJOlx.png

AAAAAAAND NOT LONG AFTER.. ONE OF THE CREW GOT BITTEN
LNGjKd.png

ANDN NEXT DAY I WAS SINGING WITH A DEAD
myzTfy.png

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
vitamin
I see old church from Clear Sky and Concrete Factory (plus entrance to Oasis) from Call of Pripyat.
What mod is that?

Ps. brofist for not crazy bloomed screenshots.

Lost World: Troops of Doom
I know that series. Not much story wise (hard to find any informations ingame) but lot of freedom.

Last edited:

vitamin

Augur
vitamin
I see old church from Clear Sky and Concrete Factory (plus entrance to Oasis) from Call of Pripyat.
What mod is that?

Ps. brofist for not crazy bloomed screenshots.
I hate bloom and other PP effects so have them always turned off. As for mod - it's Lost World: Troops of Doom. Unfortunately it doesn't have proper English translation. But on the other hand, it's nothing special (at least from the story point of view). I just liked the graphics (tone of colors) and weather - makes the Zone look more gloomy and desolated.

ss_qba_09_17_15_21_31_14_jupiter.jpg

ss_qba_09_18_15_19_13_26_jupiter.jpg

ss_qba_09_19_15_21_48_51_red_forest.jpg

p.s.
Here's link to English machine translation in case anyone wants to give it a try:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/...EEAvL50gOXS9FO78w/edit#heading=h.hpf8f5xijhoo

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
PooP Warriot Withihin
WlufE9O.jpg

:mhd:
They trigger you by mere existence
cVTaiXj.jpg

xnMLGwc.jpg

Respawn here are a bonker. Once they work, sometimes not.

C7qqU40.jpg

Slapping enemies with Rayman's paw feels cool.

Ld5mShA.jpg

Play stable build with artifacts or unstable without them but reach gamebreaking bug? C&C...

ZpHHGX3.jpg

Good reward :incline:

Last edited:

Essegi

Cipher
Wizardry 8

hd9sPfo.png

Vi didn't seem to be so enthusiastic to teleported here... Oh well, just back to portal and all good. I'll kick their ass (or got mine kicked) another time...
h1yj8yM.jpg

cP4kMXG.jpg

Y9TqmrK.png

vMQ3FDx.png

EpR4rdc.png

yEIv7Gf.jpg

OsXOmOz.jpg

XUGshGs.png

xGtPue0.png

7s13CnF.png

KZzMdIS.jpg

Shaman Das is for sure a weed master.

FbMmMHR.png

IhP8Xx4.png

8H2JnGw.png

ro34zBw.png

Meh, mages can be still annoying even if of a lower level... Then i remembered i have silence and gg all.

maifQXh.png

vNZNQfo.png

Meh, i lost also some screens (due to system update and forgetting backup... Till now no problems with Windows 8.1 and 10 btw) including one with the Dark Savant in the Swamps... He shouted like an angry hysterical granny...

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom