Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Astral Rag

Arcane
434362DAAC9E58497502F869BD8E7B4D4C645D0C

Last edited:

spekkio

Arcane
Ys 6 - Girls with tails

J294u8e.jpg

FPEeh1z.jpg

hdnPon1.jpg

That's right. It's not so easy to take down the one and only true aryan hero: Adolf the Christian.

:yeah:

Remember when 3D was about good textures and models, not motion capture and bloom?

0APbGkW.jpg

Yeah, me neither. :cry:

F0XSfdn.jpg

:iren:

Your day has come, racially inferior squirrel!

SMUngmf.jpg

d72Z8DI.jpg

:flamesaw:

Melan

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! I helped put crap in Monomyth
The first Max Payne is still the perfect action movie game. :love:

What I am doing: getting massacred in Hyper Light Drifter.
tumblr_oa626lkX6n1rxmn3vo1_1280.png

tumblr_oa626lkX6n1rxmn3vo2_1280.png

tumblr_oa626lkX6n1rxmn3vo3_1280.png

tumblr_oa626lkX6n1rxmn3vo4_1280.png

tumblr_oa626lkX6n1rxmn3vo9_1280.png

tumblr_oa626lkX6n1rxmn3vo5_1280.png

tumblr_oa626lkX6n1rxmn3vo6_1280.png

tumblr_oa626lkX6n1rxmn3vo8_1280.png

tumblr_oa626lkX6n1rxmn3vo7_1280.png
Dig the art style, the mood and the minimalist storytelling, but man, this game is so hard it feels like a punch in the face. Kinda refreshing for its blunt honesty, actually - when you finally git gud, it feels like you have accomplished something. :dealwithit:

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Hyper Light Drifter becomes a lot more manageable once you get used to how weird the hitboxes are given the perspective - which are very punishing to misread given that the game has no iframes whatsoever and rather strict timings for multi-dashing.

I love japanese shooters.
What games are these screens from?

From top to bottom.

Air Gallet
Daioh
Sexy Parodius

After many setups I use Mame 0.163b for 64bit systems and some custom bios files if needed. Roms can be found on emuparadise and other sites.
Have you tried the Retroarch mame core? It's the best for me in terms of latency (pretty much only 1 frame lag, not counting the display) and the crt filters are pretty amazing, especially if you have access to a 4k panel (things like CRT-royale need very high resolution to truly shine).

I play a lot of shmups this way. I used to use shmupmame, but Retroarch really is a lot better now.

GrainWetski

Arcane
Hyper Light Drifter becomes a lot more manageable once you get used to how weird the hitboxes are given the perspective - which are very punishing to misread given that the game has no iframes whatsoever and rather strict timings for multi-dashing.

Well, it is a terrible 30 FPS game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom