Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

pippin

google says sega genesis

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath
qNGNjzK.jpg

:drink:

I think King of Dragons is one of Capcom's most underrated games. It's definitely better than Knights of the Round, which is usually praised over it.

Not sure which emulator you're playing on (FBA? MAME? One of the MAME retroarch cores?)

Have you considered turning off Bilinear filtering if possible?

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
scr00002.jpg

Possible idea for a new game? Hmmm.

scr00001.jpg

scr00003.jpg

scr00009.jpg

The Adytum fight was so god damn epic, laser and plasma projectiles flying across the screen, civilians dying and Regulators being split in two. I would love to see this fight in a Fallout movie.

Despite my issues with small screens, I decided to go 1920x1080 as opposed to an upscaled x2 resolution (which is what I'm using in the first picture). It makes the game look much more beautiful, if only because the pixels aren't giant anymore.
Is that a fallout mod for Sim Ant

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
i dun even know who this crpg addict is and why i should care aboot his faggotry
Some old l1beral loser that the codex fapped to because he wrote a blog about old games nobody else gives a fuck about. But he made a post supporting Hillary Clinton so most people stopped caring.

Goku Makaimura Kai (PSP):

uljm05265_00000uyxl7.jpg

It's a revised version of Ultimate Ghosts'n'Goblins that only came out in Wapan. IMO far better than the basic game, it's got none of the bullshit collecting elements and much more closely resembles the old arcade GnG games. It's fucking great - would be perfect if it were a 60hz refresh game, but alas.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado

Unironically speaking, vanilla game looks like an ant already in modern monitors. The only solution was going for twice the size of the pixels, but it looked ugly as fuck.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected

Unironically speaking, vanilla game looks like an ant already in modern monitors. The only solution was going for twice the size of the pixels, but it looked ugly as fuck.
Looks better than those tiny sprites tbh. Have u tried applying some sort of shader. I think the high res patch supports same shader format as dosbox daum.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Looks better than those tiny sprites tbh. Have u tried applying some sort of shader. I think the high res patch supports same shader format as dosbox daum.

I disagree, honestly. The game would look "best" in windowed mode, original resolution. But it makes more sense to have a wider view of the game.

I didn't try with shaders, and since I've finished the game already and deleted everything, I can't be bothered to try again.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
I think King of Dragons is one of Capcom's most underrated games. It's definitely better than Knights of the Round, which is usually praised over it.

That and Shadow over Mystara. Both of which can be played online via FightCade. Great games.

pippin

The Mystara games are on Steam too and you can play them but only via invites iirc... you can't search for games for some reason.
Still my favorite beat em ups of all time. I just miss the "Welcome to the World of Dungeons and Dragons!" voice clip which played when you added a credit.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
The Mystara games are on Steam too and you can play them but only via invites iirc... you can't search for games for some reason.
Still my favorite beat em ups of all time. I just miss the "Welcome to the World of Dungeons and Dragons!" voice clip which played when you added a credit.

W-w-w-w-w-w-w-welcome to the DND world!

Shadow Over Mystara is by no means underrated, it's pretty much universally praised (and rightfully so) as the best "run to the right" beat'em'up ever. I have the arcade board, actually (CPS2 with a dying battery) - although, sadly, the cabinet it's housed in is 2p only.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Shadow Over Mystara is by no means underrated, it's pretty much universally praised (and rightfully so) as the best "run to the right" beat'em'up ever. I have the actual arcade board, actually (CPS2 with a dying battery) - although, sadly, the cabinet it's housed in is 2p only.

Can I come over to your house?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Hi
wanna Ride some Tombs?
e4Amv3A.jpg

eLfpxw1.jpg

no SkullGun tho
oCf5SLU.jpg

some The Nameless Mod reference? Name ring a bell...
n1tu3hk.jpg

Vanderberg Fried Chiken (VFC)
5dDD0zc.jpg

Top5 Anime Battles - Second Encounter
Bfmq6JY.jpg

son of a
waTzrNV.jpg

:roll:
CSJin6y.jpg

aHqaZZ3.jpg

XLm6ILk.jpg

1oGMdKD.jpg

4JJONE2.jpg

q9eNpu7.jpg

tu5R6WZ.jpg

Mtbxxno.jpg

zkh0wyJ.jpg

P0JUlkU.jpg

Gj1WxJC.jpg
792HG4g.jpg

Mphm, can't watch PizzaGate party in peace...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom