Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
jk2sp2017-06-1115-54-bas6v.png

Each time I get to this level, I have a habit of disarming all the troopers and then gripping them onto the huge pipes in the centre.

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
Another World creeped the fuck out of me for some reason. I wasn't a "horror" game but there was something really disturbing about it (at least to me back then).

DraQ

Arcane
I still need to Flashback.

AW was awesome, and to anyone who would complain about it being linear, rigidly scripted railfest - it was what could be done then, it pressed hard against the limitations of its time. Obviously it wasn't the only thing that could be done and different games have (or could have) pushed at different limitations in different ways for different effect, but the important thing is that modern railroaded scriptfests don't have nearly as much excuse.

spekkio

Arcane
BROs, multipost. :oops:

N6A0mYu.jpg

JYGl9FJ.jpg

Patriarchy is pushing our heroine around right from the start... :roll:

64Hj6Vx.jpg

The fuck is this shit, where's mah bigass Dracula castle?

:decline:

Graffix are freaking gorgeous:

T3E0fAZ.jpg

8Z3WYwq.jpg

IpB1peq.jpg

Too bad that people complaining about stages being often linear corridors were damn right... :(

BTW, what's with the cats? :?

qhimMFd.jpg

Anyone who played a Castlevania game knows what such door means:

ijS3lfZ.jpg

Occasional rape. But not this time:

WroOKM9.jpg

:dance:

spekkio

Arcane
BROs, ultrapost. :oops:

EXIMLPM.jpg

KWarGD4.jpg

mGzlhcp.jpg

LUQrTA5.jpg

jMitwPl.jpg

F3W8cW0.jpg

It looks like 2 main flaws of the vanilla game were fixed: abysmal performance of unity engine and saves not actually being "saves" (after quiting to menu and loading a game, you ended up with randomized gear). Now saves work as they should: they store your inventory, hp, repair kit number, etc. Also, no spawning without engine (so far)...

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
3jbhY3E.png

The worst case of bad french translation I've seen in a game so far. "Voyage en avion" means "Plane travel" alright, but this kind of plane travel :

dyn008_original_596_261_jpeg_2567601_3c3c5b980ee078214f44178b388c9b73.jpg

D&D airlines FTW !

I remember arguing with a moron who insisted the BG series had the best French translation ever seen in the history of video games. He kept going even in the face of arguments like Silke from BG1 receiving a male voice.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
How do you say plane travel in french though? I'm just curious, since I know the language, but have no idea.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom