Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

lsl7e9sif.jpg

:smug:

LSL7 is a fun game but fuck, I had forgotten how dogshit this last Sierra engine is.

Last edited:

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Star Hammer: The Vanguard Prophecy.
I just started playing it. Feels promising enough.

Game looks awesome. Looking forward to some more impressions.
Well it uses WEGO system (both sides plan their turn and it will be resolved simultaneosly), there's collisions, directional armour and limited use of z-axis (mainly for avoiding said collisions).
I'm only 5 missions in and early missions are turkey shoots and missiles seem to be instant win option (though I'm not quite certain how those are replenished during campaign; might be limited resource), but that might be due to normal difficulty.

Campaign has some RPG elements as in: ships gain experience, there's branching story which seems to track players "attitude" in missions and it seems that your flagship gains different bonuses depending on officers that you assign into it.
Plot is completely forgettable.

Despite feeling quite easy game so far its been positive experience and I think I've only scratched its surface.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Why is this page full of garbage on 08-05-2017?

POFShpe.jpg

4gQhVSL.png

Someone had a bit too much spirit?

1UwZuXV.png

?RUDE CHAPS? challenge you to a breakdance battle!

6WAWi5B.png

Fucking Bats! This game is brutal!

VfEgdQ5.png

So the Anime steam tags were right after all. Let's see how about the romance tags...

FHKauza.png

NO PENETRATION! :( :(

Last edited:

Blonsky

Prophet
Bionic Commando

vmtb5A0.jpg

So a nuke exploded in the city but all these billboards are still undamaged.
pIt38Qu.jpg

Better avoid those floating mines.
DwF0UPX.jpg

Freaking snipers.
bcF8Omd.jpg

Also with the bionic arm you sink like a brick.
rlEWbIf.jpg

xCNHLZm.jpg

OSqNnxG.jpg

AHslX7s.jpg

A walking fortress in the background.
92mchuN.jpg

Payback time.
zJdxsMd.jpg

Hulk.... Spencer smash.
IfKndQt.jpg

A short game with short missions that would still need some more checkpoints in them.
Also the last mission has nothing to do with the rest of the game.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Hacked a couple of turrets. Ended up slaughtering guards left and right Crusader-style. Unfortunately, it brought a load of reinforcements down on my head.

15A85F9626250528CD8ADAE69DFE0A205ED4CFEC

6A18F2FB57D926C98FBF0BD0954850D249CFFBE1

The "totally not Mossad" guy with a smoke grenade helped save the day.

:yeah:

spekkio

Arcane
^ Klei is imo the best dev at the market currently. Plus, instead of milking their established "franchises" (Mark of the Ninja, Don't Starve, Invisible Inc.), these fags keep working on new games in new to them genres:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/457140/Oxygen_Not_Included/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/601840/Griftlands/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/382560/Hot_Lava/

Also:

8Ai6w9s.jpg

:yeah:

TxUjyhx.jpg

RzZmfz3.jpg

:hmmm:

upV5KNt.jpg

LVWjjMb.jpg

Yeah, pulling (out) roughly is indeed bad manners...

ngxOl3R.jpg

:incline:

XjWK9EV.jpg

SlT5hDr.jpg

AqRcVc5.jpg

:dance:

N6KQVUu.jpg

And I thought I've seen everything when it comes to japtactical games... This system is really bizarre, yet fun...
Also: Relic totally ripped this off in DoW... :lol:

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Project Eden is an interesting mix of a genres, where we have a mix of action tpp with puzzles. A team of three people (and one robot) are send to find a missing engineers in Real Meat factory. What seems to be a simple case turns out to be something way bigger. The game is set in the future, with a mega cities build similary like in Fifth Element - growing upwards. As a team you will go in the opposite direction, only down and see the decaying old remnants of once populated areas.

As mentioned, we have four members of the UPA (Urban Protection Agency) - Carter (chief, can open some doors with high security levels), Andre (engineer, will fix machine, computer panels, etc), Minoko (can hack into the computers, plus use turret systems and cameras for your advantage), and last but not least - Amber (real juggernaut robot that has rocket launcher as a personal weapon, plus she can move through toxic/electricity/fire without dying).

The beginning is really easy, and gets you accustomed to the whole story, plus there isn't much to get stuck, when it comes to finding your wait out. But after first level you quickly grab more gear, get new toys that will help you navigate through ( a portable minitank, a drone like camera) will be a life savers for you. The puzzles get more interesting, and sometimes you need to coordinate your moves with each member of the team to successfully move onward. Plus you will face many enemies on your way that won't hesitate to kill you. If you keep them at a distance you shouldn't have a problem. But when they are close, their attacks can be very vicious. Excluding the ones that have pistols/machine guns. You can clearly see how Code Masters team was influenced by the Carpenter's "Thing" during development.

Through the levels we find the regen stations, where are fallen members are being sent once their health is depleted. Similar to System Shock / Bioshock it makes it a lot easier for those who aren't as good with weapons and action sequences. In addition there are power panels, where we can boost our energy. Every weapon and tool uses it, so we won't be searching through the dumpsters for ammo. Battery cells in the beginning will save us some trouble moving back and forth, but later on we will get a special gadget, that can convert the organic matter to them as well. TIP - use it on the most slow enemies with huge hp to have some energy stashed.

Each weapon has two fire modes, which we choose in the hood. We change characters simply by pressing 1,2,3 and 4. There is quick save and normal saving as well. My advice is to use at least 3 normal slots plus one quick. Later on, when the levels get really huge and without knowing it you moved with the wrong character and can't progress, it's a time saver. The quick load is very fast, it works immediately. No loading screen, just pop and you are good to go.

PE really has great level design. At the beginning it's not so perceptible, but the more you venture down, the more you realize how much the puzzles go from fairly simple to really interesting, more nuanced and how you need to use the whole team and not just shoot your way through. The pathfinding is really good and the AI controlled members quickly react, when they see danger in their line sight. I like to play PE with a custom soundtrack with dark ambient tracks. The OST isn't bad, but when you find a proper album, it just intensifies the whole experience to a new level, with all those dark chasms and desolated buildings. The atmosphere, even with a PS 2 era graphics is still there. One of those underrated gems that never got the recognition they've deserved.

eden2017-07-1519-24-3hus7g.jpg

eden2017-07-1612-26-31qsd5.jpg

eden2017-07-1613-39-5z2swl.jpg

eden2017-07-1819-06-4u2sjr.jpg

eden2017-07-1819-31-1m1s5l.jpg

eden2017-07-1819-53-53bs8e.jpg

eden2017-07-1820-18-59ps4n.jpg

eden2017-07-1820-45-2p6ss9.jpg

eden2017-07-1820-46-0iss9e.jpg

eden2017-07-1920-40-0x4s9d.jpg

eden2017-07-1923-24-18vs8r.jpg

eden2017-07-2018-48-11csha.jpg

eden2017-07-2019-58-3hqs7l.jpg

eden2017-07-2118-01-2nxshf.jpg

eden2017-07-2121-58-410stz.jpg

eden2017-07-2122-57-0mrsiq.jpg

eden2017-07-2123-02-0desxl.jpg

eden2017-07-2123-02-3cessc.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom