Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Blonsky

Prophet
Eisenhorn Xenos

hUVw3Mm.jpg

Well its an adventure, stealth, action game set in Warhammer 40k universe, following the investigation of inquisitor Eisenhorn into cultish a xeno affairs.
nh1Epi8.jpg

The biggest problem is the camera that cant be changed from this very close look, unless you are in combat or in a cutscene.
RxQC4Zc.jpg

Local governers have no authority over the imperial inquisitor.
XAgzE6U.jpg

Inquisitors have no friends.
KZ5K1Aa.jpg

The combat is very basic.
xc4Zi1Q.jpg

The stealth parts are kind of ruined by dumb enemies.
om2v2O2.jpg

2bhs1H1.jpg

Visiting the Xeno worlds.
CkTmoWK.jpg

Y3BwQJk.jpg

mR3jXiN.jpg

Its a very mixed game, it has very good looking parts but also very badly looking parts, some good voice acting and some horrible ones, and the story is sometimes interesting but other times hard to follow.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
AUKmIQK.png

Arcticfox, Amiga, 1986

Qt6dBKC.png

Destroying an Air Converter with cannonfire, the main weapon of the Arcticfox. A minimap in the bottom-center of the screen reveals the surrounding area and enemies (as red dots).

ReypOVO.png

The minimap can be switched with a rear-view camera, here showing a mine left by the Arcticfox (a red pyramid) about to destroy an enemy Recon Sled that is trailing the Arcticfox.

3Nnh2oL.png

Blizzards will occasionally envelop the Arcticfox, sometimes to the point of causing a complete whiteout of your screen.

3Ib1ExB.png

The cannon can be inclined to hit enemy Fighters and Recon Flyers.

GbL3j23.png

Lightning storms will scramble your radar, causing distortion of the minimap.

jEx8E5S.png

Taking damage causes a gradual change in the color of the damage gauge on the right side of the screen. Taking too much damage results in the screen cracking and a game over.

ourcDp4.png

Guided missiles, though scarce in number, can be launched from the Arcticfox. After launch, the radar minimap / rear-view camera switches to the missile's point of view until it hits something, during which time you can control its direction.

lPlVMpt.png

A successful mission requires the destruction of the Main Fortress, which isn't too difficult in Beginner Mode once you've discovered its location. Tournament mode not only adds more physics but also offers multiple options for both enemy configuration and starting location, with the ability to have the computer randomly select from the available choices.

LrC12dY.png

Dynamix would go on to develop many more games, most notably Red Baron in 1990, the same year it was purchased by Sierra.

Endemic

Arcane
Are you using a mod? Some UI elements seem different. And what's up with all that empty space below your character's card?

HD mod (custom resolutions, adds some shortcut buttons etc). Unfortunately not all of the UI elements can be stretched to fill the available space at 1920x1200.

D_X

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming! Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Colonialism is back bitches!

I fucking hate persuasion missions.

I swear to God I'm trying, but I really find next to 0 reason to use anything but the minigun so far.

Fucking Africa man. Fucking poorfags didn't have one lousy POS with wheels so I had to crawl the whole fucking map to get back to the evac zone. :argh:

Boring ass mission is boring. I'm having fun but I was promised rape and, so far, it's been smooth sailing.

D_X

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming! Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
:yeah:
An APC. Now we're talking.

Oi mate! Watch the paint!

Fucking assholes scratched muh wheels.

Assassination is the realm of subtlety and careful calculation. Therefore, I decided a rocket launcher is the perfect tool. :smug:

At this point, I went the wrong way while trying to reach the evac point and the mission suddenly failed...:retarded:

OK, no mistakes this time. Commander wheels.

Boom baby!

The whole eastern hemisphere is mine now. America, prepare your anus.:positive:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Usage of weapons in Syndicate:

# Pistols, shotgun and Uzis until you get the Minigun.
# Gauss Guns (rawket lawnchairs) for groups of enemy agents.
# The Sniper Rifle BB Gun for that one assassination mission.
# The Laser for that one mission with all the people lined up by the street (how many can you vaporize in a single shot?).
# Minigun for everything else.

And I second Ninja Destroyer about the data disk. You're gonna love it. :)

D_X

Arcane
Patron
Holy shit. Atlantic accelerator was rape-tastic. Sadly, I couldn't finish it.

This is on the 5th attempt. Rockets ftw. Cleared all enemies before they even got close.
Mistakes were then made.

And here I got lucky as one guy blew up and took the rest with him.

Sadly, I ran out of ammo with just a handful more baddies on the map and got wasted. Not bad overall since agents 3 and 4 had only chest and arms at v3 and I didn't have the money to properly equip the team. Next time I'll bring more gauss guns and minis because I wasted 2 slots on every agent for shields and put full v3 mods on all of them.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Wanna hear how I beat this mission the first time?

I hid in a building and mowed down anyone that tried to enter.

Eventually the onslaught stopped, and then it was my turn to hunt.

DraQ

Arcane
AUKmIQK.png

Arcticfox, Amiga, 1986

Qt6dBKC.png

Destroying an Air Converter with cannonfire, the main weapon of the Arcticfox. A minimap in the bottom-center of the screen reveals the surrounding area and enemies (as red dots).

ReypOVO.png

The minimap can be switched with a rear-view camera, here showing a mine left by the Arcticfox (a red pyramid) about to destroy an enemy Recon Sled that is trailing the Arcticfox.

3Nnh2oL.png

Blizzards will occasionally envelop the Arcticfox, sometimes to the point of causing a complete whiteout of your screen.

3Ib1ExB.png

The cannon can be inclined to hit enemy Fighters and Recon Flyers.

GbL3j23.png

Lightning storms will scramble your radar, causing distortion of the minimap.

jEx8E5S.png

Taking damage causes a gradual change in the color of the damage gauge on the right side of the screen. Taking too much damage results in the screen cracking and a game over.

ourcDp4.png

Guided missiles, though scarce in number, can be launched from the Arcticfox. After launch, the radar minimap / rear-view camera switches to the missile's point of view until it hits something, during which time you can control its direction.

lPlVMpt.png

A successful mission requires the destruction of the Main Fortress, which isn't too difficult in Beginner Mode once you've discovered its location. Tournament mode not only adds more physics but also offers multiple options for both enemy configuration and starting location, with the ability to have the computer randomly select from the available choices.

LrC12dY.png

Dynamix would go on to develop many more games, most notably Red Baron in 1990, the same year it was purchased by Sierra.
I had the C64 version.

HansDampf

Arcane
Buffy: The Vampire Slayer

gedp01-01mio75.png

Wait, I mean Eternal Darkness. Alex just (supposedly) looks like Buffy.
I played this game once in 2005 and decided to revisit it now in Dolphin. It runs almost perfectly, except for the pink screen transitions at the beginning of each chapter. No big deal. It also has native widescreen support, but still presents most in-game cutscenes in 4:3 for some reason.

gedp01-02drr4t.png

gedp01-03j3q03.png

Hint: There is something hidden in the tub.

gedp01-0405om7.png

The sanity effects are a mixed bag and range from shocking to goofy. Best are the subtle effects like the camera angle, ambient sounds or changes in the background. I'm also not a fan of the 4th wall memes, I've had too many of those lately.

gedp01-05o2pri.png

:argh:

gedp01-063mpn3.png

gedp01-0792rr3.png

aliens.png

gedp01-08kdpbb.png

The optional Mantorok rune adds unique effects to some spells. Worth getting.

gedp01-09d4ol2.png

gedp01-11i8p9l.png

gedp01-12xxp1f.png

Sneaking past blind trappers.

gedp01-1364rai.png

gedp01-145kpp1.png

gedp01-15o9orb.png

gedp01-16pjrkh.png

Taking a break from WW1 to kill some Black Guardian. brb

gedp01-20elqwl.png

gedp01-19npq27.png

While this is a cool set piece that neatly ties the spell system into the story, it's also the most annoying part of the game. After setting each of the 9 runes, you get teleported to some far away place and have to run all the way back to the main chamber to set the next rune. Boring.

gedp01-21a2rbi.png

Worse, it has to be done twice! And during the second time, the floor is trapped, which means you will have to cast shield every time. Not enough mana? Run around some more, because that's how mana regenrates. Thankfully Alex has more stamina than her grandfather.

gedp01-22bau5v.png

Easy. :salute:

D_X

Arcane
Patron
Who will win? The combined military and financial might of the world government and 7 allied syndicate or 4 bois with loud spinning things or some shit, idk?

Well, that's that. Not that bad in the end except those 3 fucking seconds in the beginning. I had to cheese the game with the pause function for that opening sequence because either my mouse is crapping out or the game reacts horribly to input. That's how I lost agent 4 as well because the game simply refused to put him into panic mode.

Oh well, what's done is done. Now it's time for:

Lord, have mercy.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Well, that's that. Not that bad in the end except those 3 fucking seconds in the beginning. I had to cheese the game with the pause function for that opening sequence because either my mouse is crapping out or the game reacts horribly to input. That's how I lost agent 4 as well because the game simply refused to put him into panic mode.

This is a problem with GOG's DOSBox setup. Normal Syndicate didn't have this input lag.

And Lord is done with you, you're on your own now. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom