Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Astral Rag

Arcane
DA9A486546A9CD70A7D6577BCD5F793767277459

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
epsxe2018-03-2821-59-ktqbc.jpg

A rather simple clock puzzle.

epsxe2018-03-2822-13-yarw5.jpg

Carlos is going to dodge that rocket!

epsxe2018-03-2822-21-onrvp.jpg

Spiders are still easiest enemies in the game. Most of the time you can just run into the next location without any problems.

epsxe2018-03-2918-49-okq6p.jpg

:lol:

That looks like a japanese version of blackface.

epsxe2018-03-2918-56-hor6i.jpg

The hunters are back, but this time they are different pack. Moving through hospital is more difficult than I anticipated.

epsxe2018-03-2919-00-eson4.jpg

epsxe2018-03-2919-07-p7q19.jpg

Jill is safe and sound after receiving the antidote.

epsxe2018-03-2919-08-azpul.jpg

"I hate to interrupt this romantic moment, but I have some killing to do"

epsxe2018-03-2919-53-pjrc4.jpg

The final showdown with the gigantic worm creature.

epsxe2018-03-2919-56-x1p7y.jpg

This time I choose the second option.

epsxe2018-03-2920-12-eop0k.jpg

epsxe2018-03-2920-24-5eoxs.jpg

epsxe2018-03-2920-26-inqwe.jpg

Nemesis took some acid shower and he is in a bad shape. I took some damage as well.

epsxe2018-03-2920-39-97o9s.jpg

epsxe2018-03-2920-40-zyoo1.jpg

Resistant beast, it's time to clean up the gene pool.

epsxe2018-03-2920-41-gmrlj.jpg

epsxe2018-03-2920-42-20r5r.jpg

epsxe2018-03-2920-42-sbrly.jpg

epsxe2018-03-2920-43-y3pdq.jpg

:positive:

epsxe2018-03-2920-49-0nqum.jpg

KAGM5Jg.jpg

Until next time girls and boys.

I hope Capcom will make a remaster after the second part with a good Mercenaries mode included.

HansDampf

Arcane
2QBmkAU.jpg

:hmmm:
Detta may have inadvertently saved the universe. To be continued in Anachronox 2.

I had almost given up on this game. But Sunder was indeed the turning point when the plot jumped from lazy Boots and stinky socks to serious mass genocide and:
lYikDZ8.jpg

wtfamireading.png

Now I had to see it through to the end, no matter how many more dumb mini-games and fetch quests the game was going to throw at me. I'd also discovered a convenient turbo button. :shittydog:

O6KHQXK.jpg

y5Y5ypw.jpg

noS57Tp.jpg

"Other"

na5NY5Y.jpg

This made me lol. And I can count the number of games that made me lol on one hand.

j223hD9.jpg

gLw2pBU.jpg

Nice bugs btw (the green bar kept growing). Crashes weren't uncommon during battles, and it's especially frustrating in a long battle like this one.

yF5apeL.jpg

Jc6bibe.jpg

I usually don't mind dated graphics, but early 3D is sometimes pushing it.

The cutscenes however make best use of the engine.
MjliZXv.jpg

NPiGZXf.jpg

Hpz03uo.jpg

oCOS2Ok.jpg

mJngQds.jpg

VRggmLD.jpg

:hero:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
IQxx1k.jpg

jNZ1ub.jpg

luCarr.jpg

Why not ask me about Sevastopol safety protocols?

Game has gone a bit full retard after flushing the alium, although forming those conga lines from androids prowling an entire level and then nuking them with a single pipe bomb sorta reminds me of my zombie disposal stratagems from Thief.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
And back in the day people considered RE3 decline... They didn't know what's yet to come... :D

RE4 is pretty good, yo.

Amazing how good this game looks even after almost 20 years. This Summer I'll have to set up my GameCube and complete it again.

It's time for another rescue trip to Racoon City and help waifu Jill survive.

jill_valentine_v_by_nfvpx6.jpg

epsxe2018-03-2619-27-cdpge.jpg

[/spoiler]

This game could use a Remake. How is it when compared with RE 0, 1 and 2?

And back in the day people considered RE3 decline... They didn't know what's yet to come... :D

Amazing how good this game looks even after almost 20 years. This Summer I'll have to set up my GameCube and complete it again.

That was a golden era for Capcom, IMO. Despite playing the game in a relatively low resolution, I still find some of my old screenshots of P.N.03 to look pretty good. I really liked the graphics engine and the visual design of RE4-era Capcom.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane

RE4 is pretty good, yo.

RE4 is total shit that started the decline of the ip/franchise.

While everything that came after it was bad (dunno about 7), and it can be atributed to RE4 sucess. It doesn't mean RE4 is a bad game, it's actually rather good and tight experience.

It's a nice atmospheric action game, with a good difficulty curve, meaningful resource management, plus solid and varied enemy design and areas that keep the game refreshing enough from begining to end.
The Mercenaires mode is a testemant to how good and addicting the gameplay really is.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This game could use a Remake. How is it when compared with RE 0, 1 and 2?

The gameplay is mostly the classic Resident Evil. The movement is more smooth when it comes to stairs, but the tank controls are still there. Although the puzzles for the most of the time are easier and it feels more action oriented due to the Nemesis reminding you of his existence plus fighting the normal enemies as well. You can also evade incoming danger, and it's good to learn it in the beginning since it will save you life more than once.

There are new things, like minor choices and consequences moments. That was already included in Dino Crisis, but it makes the game less linear, and good if you plan to replay it. Most of the ammo supplies are now made by Jill, since you can craft it by combining gun powders divided into A,B,C categories. The plot is good enough for me, there are many references to the earlier plot elements and everything is wrapped nicely in a typical b horror movie manner. The soundtrack is excellent, along with the one from second part it is my favorite. You should really give it a shot on a PSX emulator.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom