Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sea of Thieves

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
If there was a thread about this then sorry but I couldn't find it.

I want this.

Severian Silk

I wish there were more small-squad cooperative multiplayer games.

Anything done "massively" is the touch of death IMO.

Jazz_

Arcane
Saw some beta footage of this game and the sea looks amazing, not sure how I feel about the cartoony aesthetic but at least it's not made in Unity.

DemonKing

Arcane
Should have been called "No Man's Sea" because apparently it's pretty empty.

Last edited:

Deathsquid

Learned
Also apparently it's Windows 10 only, no wonder nobody plays this :lol:
Heh, yeah, I honestly wonder what the fuck they were thinking with this.

And with everything else. Watched a few vids, sailing seems fun, water, skies and lighting look gorgeous, but the rest? Holy fucking shit, how did they think a gameplay loop like that was going to carry the game?

To top it off you have to play with four - FOUR!!!! - friends. Where the fuck am I supposed to find that number of people dumb enough to A] be friends with me and B] install Windows 10?

Fucking Microsoft, it's like Ubisoft's (more) retarded little cousin.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Even mainstream game sites said that there are basically only 3 different quests which you have to repeat ad nauseam and while the sea and the islands are gorgeous, you can't do and discover much.
Also all gear is apparently just cosmetically - you don't get stat increases or different effects. If that's true, I wonder what would be the player motivation.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
They are doing the same push as with the vista,still remember how wanted to see what the big fuss about halo games was and found out that it was only vista for pc. Laugh it off and turned DOOM 2.

Mark Richard

Arcane
From what I've seen thus far it's another No Man's Sky - not a game, but a theme. At best it's the framework for a game that was never made. Devs can just say the word 'pirates' or 'space' and sell that. They don't have to come up with the game part anymore.

Okagron

Prophet
Just got the name of the game. It's because this game is a rip off.

Deathsquid

Learned
Digital interactive entertainment is about service platforms these days, not about "games", get with the times, nerds.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
They were thinking it's a great fucking idea, because it is. They want games exclusive for Windows 10 to make gamers pick up the OS, instead of sticking to 7 or 8. While this game alone might not drive many people if it stays popular that might just be the case, it's a pretty fine game with some creative ideas behind it.

Deathsquid

Learned
They were thinking it's a great fucking idea, because it is. They want games exclusive for Windows 10 to make gamers pick up the OS, instead of sticking to 7 or 8. While this game alone might not drive many people if it stays popular that might just be the case, it's a pretty fine game with some creative ideas behind it.
How come everyone says it's dull and bare-bones then?

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I've never seen either said so I don't really know what you are talking about

Deathsquid

Learned
Eyy, matie, nice rock you've found to live under

i43CqJs.png

Kitchen Utensil

Even mainstream game sites said that there are basically only 3 different quest which you have to repeat ad nauseam and while the sea and the islands are gorgeous, who can't do and discover much.
Also all gear is apparently just cosmetically - you don't get stat increases or different effects. If that's true, I wonder what would be the player motivation.

Good gameplay.

I don't know whether Sea of Thieves offers that or not, since I'm not interested in the slightest (multiplayer, shit graphics, Pirates), but there are plenty of "simple" games which are just fun because of the satisfying gameplay they offer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom