Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sengoku Rance Avatars

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I've heard a lot about this so-called decline of the Codex, but I thought it was nothing but a myth to scare kids into eating their vegetables...

...until now...

What annoys me about this is that animefags are so fucking slow. We are at 130 now, 165 with Aarne. If we had donated that within the first two days, we had gotten the avatards before Jaesun could send his giant check.

Dr. Doom

Educated
What the hell could you expect from animu lovers??!! They are the retards of the retards.

You also realise that if a donation comes in that reaches the limit, they will hold off from publishing it in the total until more donations come in to raise the target?

Which is fine by me :smug:

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Well at least this year they won't have excuse to organise found-rising. Last time it was for new RAM for the server if I remember correctly.

Cassidy

Arcane
Vaarna_Aarne said:
Alright, donated 35 bucks for our avatars. Laughing Rance is mine now, kay?

Some bros take care of the rest.

Wonder if I qualify for a Highroller tag?

I am definitively sure you qualify for a

dumbfuck.gif

tag though.

Wait a moment. DU, didn't you have that scheme of people having to donate even more once they get certain tags to have their
dumbfuck.gif
tags removed?

PS: Funny also to perceive the visible overlap between animufags and obsiditards.

Mrowak

Arcane
Cassidy said:
PS: Funny also to perceive the visible overlap between animufags and obsiditards.

Obsiditards??

Did some new group of hopeless fanboys crop up when I wasn't looking?
I thought Codex was rather mildly disposed towards Obsidian (in cotrast with Bioware and Bethesda) which at least once in five years can deliver: (MoTB :love:) amidst the predominant mediocrity (Alpha Brotocol and SoZzy) admitedly.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Mrowak said:
Cassidy said:

Obsiditards??

I thought Codex was rather mildly disposed towards Obsidian (in cotrast with Bioware and Bethesda) which at least once in five years can deliver: (MoTB :love:) amidst the predominant mediocrity (Alpha Brotocol and SoZzy) admitedly.

Anyone who ever says anything mildly positive about Obsidian will be accused of being is a retarded fanboy. Do keep up, we're reasonable people here.

If I donate 10 more jewbucks, for a total of 30 jewbucks, will I have my patron status twice as long?

Mrowak

Arcane
POOPOO MCBUMFACE said:
Mrowak said:
Cassidy said:

Obsiditards??

Anyone who ever says anything mildly positive about Obsidian will be accused of being is a retarded fanboy. Do keep up, we're reasonable people here.

:D

Reasonable + RPGCodex = does not compute :smug:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
You *could* PM Melcar to ask for some tips for better ways to spend your money...

trollfaces.png

Cassidy

Arcane
POOPOO MCBUMFACE said:
Anyone who praises nearly every new game released by Obsidian no matter how shit it is, is a retarded fanboy. Do keep up, we're reasonable people here.

By your previous definition I'd also be a retarded Obsidian fanboy because I posted mostly positive things about MOTB. It is an obvious attempt to detract people who can notice the obvious symptoms of fanboyism displayed by many of the derps who praised AP here.

Should I also mention the retard who compared AP's shading and floor irrelevant "stealth" with Thief 3 stealth? Or people claiming AP is a masterpiece of writing? Only a blind man won't see the obvious fanboyism for Obsidian some people possess.

trollfaces.png

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
This thread is so Codexian it hurts.

Just let the fans have their avatars. We already have ones from SHIT games so banning some just because they are anime? Seems unreasonable.

Mrowak

Arcane
Malakal said:
Just let the fans have their avatars. We already have ones from SHIT games so banning some just because they are anime? Seems unreasonable.

No, because this is :rpgcodex: and

Malakal said:
This thread is so Codexian it hurts.

In my wildest dreams I did not anticipate that those avatars could generate so much butthurt that people are paying for actually having/not having them added.

Should I make some more? :smug:

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Cassidy said:
It is an obvious attempt to detract people who can notice the obvious symptoms of fanboyism displayed by many of the derps who praised AP here.

I do have a vested interest in defending AP's good name, with the way I hated it. I'm mostly referring to the people wandering around every NV thread shitting everywhere and calling everyone who isn't also shitting everywhere a Obsiditurd fanboy faget bumface baby eat poopoo mcdumbhead willy willy bum bm

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Jaesun said:
I'd rather have the ability that when a shit 2010 poster has a certain percentage of threads in Retardo, I can sentence them in a Ru Paul like fashion, and challenge them to Troll for your Life! *snap* If they fail, permanent IP ban. If they succeed, they can continue on posting shit threads, unabated.
General RPG Discussion 2,193 34%
General Discussion + Retardo Land 2,368 37%
:rpgcodex:

FINE! Temperatures just reached less than ten negative celcius, electricity is at an all-time high, student loan is far, far away and I will have to turn down the heating for winter, but here is your goddamn 10 $.

Now, all that is required is 5 more dollars. Someone donate it NAOW or I'm gonna :rage: (Crimshit comes to mind, as he started the thread).

Also make me patron for two years.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Well, the target has been reached but there's still a problem.

I don't see a zip file in this thread. Do you see a zip file in this thread?

I guess it'll have to stay open until there's a zip file. Hope no-one else donates against.

Better make sure that zip file has all the avatars you want too because any more will cost extra.

Jaesun said:
Also can you clarify, that if the NO's get 100% ($100) there will be no Rance Avatars, NOR can this request ever be brought up again?
To be fair, if the no's raise as much money against as the for's have raised in favour, such that the money against is greater than the money raised for, then I'd consider the case against to have won and the issue to be over.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom