Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Serpent in the Staglands Thread

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
x9pVqrX.png

Doing god's work.

Got bored and left

BREAKING NEWS - MCA MOVES TO WHALENOUGHT STUDIOS - CONFIRMED

And on a serious note - I'm having fun with SitS. Haven't had too much time to play, but it's my kind of game. I'm not entirely sold on the magic system, but the last time I played the game was a few patches ago, so things may have changed.

ArchAngel

Arcane
If MCA is really playing the game and enjoying it, the devs can die happy now, their life purpose is complete :D

And if he is just promoting it, hopefully they get more sales and hopefully some reviews sites see it and review it finally (or at least mention it)

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
Guys, what does "Procs every X attacks" mean? What is the actual number of attacks a skill will proc? Read the manual entry on this and couldn't make heads or tails of it.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Guys, what does "Procs every X attacks" mean? What is the actual number of attacks a skill will proc? Read the manual entry on this and couldn't make heads or tails of it.
This and other questions is why I said UI is the biggest problem of this game.

roshan

Arcane
Does anyone know what's up with Iolanda and Anton? They aren't clickable, usually this is when the npc in question is going to initiate dialogue with the party, but they do nothing. I heard a rumor somewhere around Lumen Targ that someone has a sick daughter, does this have anything to do with that?

Gladius

Literate
Anyone have finished the game ? I'm extremely curious about different endings, but I would rather not play it the second time ;d

agris

Arcane
Patron
Does anyone know what's up with Iolanda and Anton? They aren't clickable, usually this is when the npc in question is going to initiate dialogue with the party, but they do nothing. I heard a rumor somewhere around Lumen Targ that someone has a sick daughter, does this have anything to do with that?
I couldn't talk to them either, it's like they're generic settlers.

It's supposed to Elisabeta's daughter (Izzy?) that's sick, but I can't find Izzy either. I even had my Herbology aptitude dude talk to Elisabeta thinking I would get a healing option, but nothing. Whalenought_Joe?

ArchAngel

Arcane
For people that complained about Dex being useless, I just found a sick combination. Raise Dex and Int (and steal some Perception from someone). Then put points into Arcane Attack. It lasts for Full Int seconds and all attacks done while it is active adds 1d(full int) bonus magical damage :)

By raising Dex you speed up cast time of Arcane attack and number of attacks you will do while it is lasting. Get a fast weapon, get that armor that gives +1 armor and no speed penalty and Agile fighting that gives you dodge bonus (and there is +2 dodge boots) so you can survive.
Putting more points in Arcane Attack gives 1 bonus damage per point. You will do sick damage with a fast weapon.

GJIG

Novice
And I just found out that Fuming Unguents stack. This has to be unintended, it is not reasonable for 2-3 elixir users to drop everyone's attack speed to 0.00 --- I accidentally murdered the guards in Emerald Metalis because I targeted the natives, then 30 instances of explosive AoE damage killed the guards before I had a chance to stop.

Also, Arcane Attack works really well even with zero points in it. A lot of the spells are like that, they get most of their effect just from int/occ, sometimes a spell is great even with the bare minimum OCC/INT to cast it and zero points in the spell. Heat Metal, Festering Ooze and Searing Light are the primary exceptions that come into mind: Heat and Fester only do damage after you've invested some skillpoints into them (5?), and Searing Light starts with 1d1 magic damage but quickly jumps up to something like 3d4+8 once you put points into it.

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
steal some Perception from someone
How do you do that again?
And you didn't exactly explain how Dex would be useful in that regard (or did you?). Seeing how it just raises attack/cast speed a little, you'd be better off getting those attack speed buffs elsewhere, wouldnt you?

da_rays

Augur
Currently re-installing the game since my 5 days away from home left me with 2 patch behind~ At this point I think i might start over , i've seen a few of you that invested in philosphy/nobility in their Moon lord character , how are you guys rolling mid/late game? Did you went pure melee machine , or off/buff sorcerer? Last playthrough I went with a Harbringer/heavy weap melee dude with rally and war cry , but now im thinking nobility / philosophy might open a few oppoturnity to solve quest or task differently/peacefully.

GJIG

Novice
I prefer having my Moon Lord in the back row. Early on you can hire level 3-4 companions with double your HP, and even when your HP equalizes you probably don't want your Moon Lord in melee range since his death is an instant game-over, whereas having a companion perish is something you can recover from somewhat easily, seeing as there's a double-digit amount of companions to hire.

da_rays

Augur
Yeah i think I'm gonna go with ranged moon lord , bow and maybe a splash into magic. Dex/Str/Int , Arcane attack works on ranged weapon too? A speedy buffed arrow shooter seem like a fun idea...Rapid draw seem like sugar on top.

GJIG

Novice
As far as I can tell it works with any weapon, I've used it on Elixirs.

ArchAngel

Arcane
As far as I can tell it works with any weapon, I've used it on Elixirs.
I tried it with elixirs but then elixir skill does not activate.
also you want as fast as weapon as possible because recasting it will be too slow and battle might be over.

Btw, are there any more companions to find in first village? I only got the two from the temple.

Perkel

Arcane
Ok so i bought it... the fuck is this shit !?

I thought it is some hipster dex rpg circlejerk but i have fucking goosebumps after few first minutes like i am starting fucking PST for the first time....

:what:

edit:

stopped playing. I am not prepared for this. Need to prepare myself psychologically for it, take shower, start playing when i won't be interupted...

fap.gif

Last edited:

GJIG

Novice
Doesn't happen for me, I tested it and I got physical elixir damage + Explosive Trap explosive damage + Arcane Attack magic damage + Unguent proc + Poison Weapon poison damage all in one hit, so it's definitely working with all 3 of my equipped War Book skills.

In the early game Leaf Blade + Quick Strike or Bow + Rapid Draw is the only way to reach really fast attack speeds, but you can eventually reach the fastest attack speeds with pretty much every single weapon if you really invest in the attack speed reducing skills/spells. That's why I prefer picking up the two companions in
Corem
with Quick Speed & Rapid Draw in the early game, but then I ditch them later on for other companions when I can get the lowest attack speeds even without those two skills.

When you hire/re-hire a companion they level up to the exact XP your Moon Lord has and you get to spend their skill/stat points freely (other than what they inherently start with), so you can freely invest in whatever aids your immediate survival at the start, and then just pick up new companions in the mid-/late-game and give them a set of skills more appropriate for the late-game.

Btw, are there any more companions to find in first village? I only got the two from the temple.
There's one at
Lumen Targ's graveyard. Only shows up at night.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
At graveyard I found a named character and some grave robbers. I told them I would report them to the constable so they all attacked me.

agris

Arcane
Patron
There's one at
Lumen Targ's graveyard. Only shows up at night.
That's awesome. Now I need to revisit every location at the opposite times of day I originally went there.

GJIG

Novice
Yeah that can happen. There's a few companions where if you say the wrong thing, you're permanently locked out of hiring them. If you're wondering what you missed out on, it's a level 1 character with two extra statpoints (13int/11dex), skillpoints are Radiant Stave 1 and Festering Ooze 1.

Perkel

Arcane
To add to my really brief short experience of the game... i have a hunch this will be #1 position in topRPGdex2015 and top6 of all RPGs on 2015 top 50 list.

Expectations gone through the roof just like that in first 5 minutes with the game. Please be good, please be good, please be good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom