Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Serpent in the Staglands Thread

agris

Arcane
Patron
Yeah that can happen. There's a few companions where if you say the wrong thing, you're permanently locked out of hiring them. If you're wondering what you missed out on, it's a level 1 character with two extra statpoints (13int/11dex), skillpoints are Radiant Stave 1 and Festering Ooze 1.
I love how sometimes the safe/respectful options to greet NPCs backfire, where they call you a bootlicker or a shitheel and it shuts you out of other dialogue options. It's a great turning on the head of a common trope. Especially since the NPCs that usually do this are of no-nonsense law enforcement professions.

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
Btw, do you guys know what a ring of flowers does? it seems to be unique (dont think I've ever encountered this same type of object anywhere else). It's in the north portion of Lumen Forten courtyard. Standing inside it doesn't do anything, but it looks too suspicious to just be a piece of terrain.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Btw, do you guys know what a ring of flowers does? it seems to be unique (dont think I've ever encountered this same type of object anywhere else). It's in the north portion of Lumen Targ. Standing inside it doesn't do anything, but it looks too suspicious to just be a piece of terrain.
You can examine it with Woodwise but after that I got no clue what to do next :)

agris

Arcane
Patron
Total speculation here, but I think the Natives will know how to release the faeries. That's why I helped one escape prison in Lumen Targ.

Whalenought_Joe

Whalenought Studios
Developer
Guys, what does "Procs every X attacks" mean? What is the actual number of attacks a skill will proc? Read the manual entry on this and couldn't make heads or tails of it.

Those descriptions are updated for the next UI/user suggestion update with values (we'll updated the manual as well) — timer for spells is based on X (seconds), and for warbook skills based on X (hits). You can see the attack hits on your character's portrait stack while they are landing hits, and when the skill triggers they will go away and start over stacking. These can be saved after combat and resumed during the next encounter.

x9pVqrX.png

Doing god's work.

What an awesomely nice guy!

roshan looks like there was something goofy with those traps saving and for disabling — we also have a visual update for targeting them to be easier, should be tip-top for the next update. Thanks for letting us know!

GJIG

Novice
I must be blind 'cause I can't see it. Where exactly in the Lumen Targ is it?

roshan

Arcane
To add to my really brief short experience of the game... i have a hunch this will be #1 position in topRPGdex2015 and top6 of all RPGs on 2015 top 50 list.

Expectations gone through the roof just like that in first 5 minutes with the game. Please be good, please be good, please be good.

It's really not much similar to PST at all. I'm a couple of towns in and from what I can tell it's more of a BG1/Fallout hybrid.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I have another UI suggestion. Is it possible to add when we open Quick war book or Quick Spellbook or Quick aptitude and right click on one of the skills/aptitudes there the game takes us to the description screen of that skill/spell/aptitude?

Also can we get a hotkey for the back button in UI? The button that shows to the left that is used to go back from Spell lists to Character screen. Or just make it so Esc does that while Esc will still open Options screen only if you don't have any screen open that has a back button.

da_rays

Augur
At graveyard I found a named character and some grave robbers. I told them I would report them to the constable so they all attacked me.

You can also
Tell her she got the wrong person, and this shitty town got no future for graverobber and she should follow you instead! Skill pts in Radiants staves and creeping ooze IIRC, and decent OCC , so she can heal nicely

Elthosian

Arcane

Dunno if it has been reported before but while at the Orf Bridge...

I got my spicer papers stolen, but decided to load the auto-save from before I entered the Inn to check which item was it just to find the papers had been stolen in the auto-save too :/ I went to the guy that sent the child and killed him/used rife incantation with no result, so I had to reload an earlier save in which I went directly to him w/o reloading thus recovering my papers at last, although losing some 2 hours of progress.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Elthosian there does appear to be some persistence issues with save/load. In the future, trying completely exiting the game and reloading. For what it's worth, I haven't been hit with any save/load bugs but yours is the second report I've seen.

Elthosian

Arcane
Elthosian there does appear to be some persistence issues with save/load. In the future, trying completely exiting the game and reloading. For what it's worth, I haven't been hit with any save/load bugs but yours is the second report I've seen.

Thanks, I will try to do that next time something similar happens.

old numbers

Literate
Do monsters respawn when you reload a save? One of my party members died, and upon reloading I was facing three Shroomers and two Bombers right as the map loaded.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Hmm I found King of Goblins with my 3 lvl 3 characters. I think I am not up to this task EDIT: Tank and spank worked after all

I also found two people by campfire behind closed doors near that area and they just tell you to go away. They were both lvl 5, I didn't try to fight them.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
I find it sad that Legends of the Dawn all time peak on Steam is 5x of this game :(

da_rays

Augur
I find it sad that Legends of the Dawn all time peak on Steam is 5x of this game :(

Seriously....this fucking world....:negative: Wish I could make a difference more than talking about it to almost everyone who is :obviously: in my social circle.

On a more game related topic , loving my arcane archer so far~ Bit scared that i've spread a bit too thin with philosphy , arcane attack and rapid draw , but it seem to work fine so far. Hoping philosophy will tip the scale a bit with the stats absorbing.

agris

Arcane
Patron
I'm going to do as Infinitron suggested and send out emails to the grogiest writers of a bunch of outlets tomorrow. I think v10 puts the game in a good shape to be reviewed, and there should be another patch in a day or two.

roshan

Arcane
I have another UI suggestion. Is it possible to add when we open Quick war book or Quick Spellbook or Quick aptitude and right click on one of the skills/aptitudes there the game takes us to the description screen of that skill/spell/aptitude?

Also can we get a hotkey for the back button in UI? The button that shows to the left that is used to go back from Spell lists to Character screen. Or just make it so Esc does that while Esc will still open Options screen only if you don't have any screen open that has a back button.

Yeah, I was also wishing we could right click on the abilities and spells in the quick list to find out what they're about rather than going through the character screen first. Also, yes, it's really troubling that ESC opens up the options menu rather than being a generic "get back to the game" button. A couple of other issues:

- I also wish the back button is moved to the top right. Sorry but SITS cannot undo 23 or so years of using Windows.
- Wish you could hover on things (such as inventory items) to find out what they are.

Do monsters respawn when you reload a save? One of my party members died, and upon reloading I was facing three Shroomers and two Bombers right as the map loaded.

I don't think they are respawning per se. It seems to me that there are spawn points that you can set off only once, but they don't always trigger reliably. So when entering an area again, you might be faced with spawn points you previously missed, but ones you've already cleared won't spawn anymore.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Both Sawyer and Avellone like this game, as does MacLean.

I've read here though that the game is in a pretty buggy state - not being critical, it's an incredible undertaking for two people - but is it ready to play?

(Notice I didn't say ready to buy)

roshan

Arcane
Whalenought_Joe there might also be something wonky about the persistence of automatically unequipped shields in the inventory. I noticed my round shield gone when I reloaded, and I think it might have disappeared because it was unequipped automatically when I equipped a crossbow. After that it was in the inventory but I think after saving and reloading it disappeared. Not 100% sure about this, but might be something to look into...

agris

Arcane
Patron

I've read here though that the game is in a pretty buggy state - not being critical, it's an incredible undertaking for two people - but is it ready to play?

Yea, definitely. The bugs are minor and more of the UI feedback and item variety than core content. The worst I've read about or experienced currently are the Lev Wheelright's head not dropping when killed (Whalenought_Joe sorry to bug you so much), some incorrect item flags and UI awkwardness.

If MacLean and Sawyer like the game, tell them to give it a shoutout. The game needs publicity.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
I just fear that Sawyer publicly liking the game might result in the Codex turning against it.

roshan

Arcane

Yeah, I'm playing it, and it's stable and mostly bug free. I'd say the buggyness level at this point is probably similar to playing Arcanum, PST, Fallout 2 or BG2 with the official patches, but without the fan patches (although I am still somewhat early in the game).

agris

Arcane
Patron
I just fear that Sawyer publicly liking the game might result in the Codex turning against it.
Shut up bubbles, save your satire for the giants.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom