Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Serpent in the Staglands Thread

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing

the intro is cute, but the 3rd and 4th options on every screen are hard to read

the graphics are pretty

saying "I laid" instead of "I lay" and having typos in the very first conversation seems a bit unpolished

I wish pausing and unpausing the game wouldn't show up in the log

the constantly turning blue gear on the UI is a little distracting

the deeper UI screens seem a bit cluttered. Do the bright red braces framing the screen titles serve any practical purpose? I also find them a bit distracting.

having a scroll speed setting is a good start, but being able to expand columns of text into larger windows would still be very helpful

"buffs p. dodge chance" - personal? physical? percentual?

putting "quick save" and "options" next to each other as tiny buttons on the UI seems problematic

I click on "quick aptitudes", select "linguisics" and click on a dude -> "Not enough skill points to detect traps."

I just gave multiple orders while paused, and now something "crashed" - I can't move anymore or do anything except cast non-targeted spells.

the icons that denote item slots on your hero are a little too small for my liking. I cannnot tell what that struck-through Omega is supposed to be.

the game needs a key that consistently closes UI windows. Currently the only way I can close a scroll is by clicking either the top right or the top left button; ESC sometimes works and sometimes does not (even for the same screen?!?), while right click and the space bar do nothing

to expand: I have "invocation book" and "invocation words of power" in my inventory. If I open the "words" first, I can close them with ESC (well, indirectly - it brings up the menu, and pressing ESC again closes everything). If I open the book, I cannot close it with ESC (I can't even bring up the menu); if I close it manually, and then open the "words", I can no longer close them with ESC either

lack of a torch holding animation looks a bit silly, but it's no biggie

the mouse pointer lags heavily on load screens

the sound broke (turned into loud static noise) the first time I alt-tabbed in the first outdoor area. I can't reproduce it now.

music valume just randomly plummeted while I was idling on the character screen

two foxes attacked me, and it took a good 30 seconds before combat music started

the two foxes then wiped out the starting camp

Last edited:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014

Diggfinger

Arcane
Last edited by a moderator:

ArchAngel

Arcane
So now we are waiting for the first impressions. I will try the demo today.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Easy way to make xp at the start: lure foxes into the starting camp, they will kill the settlers and guards and you will get xp for their kills.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Easy way to make xp at the start: lure foxes into the starting camp, they will kill the settlers and guards and you will get xp for their kills.
And people complained how in PoE they could not get the starting camp killed :D
Now they got a game they want.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Actually the strategy is slightly flawed: you do get the xp earned by the foxes and the loot dropped by the settlers, but when a named NPC kills a fox, you seem to be unable to talk to them anymore, only attack.

da_rays

Augur
So , i just made myself a GoG account....( in your face Steam ) , anyone here got experience with GoG and prepaid credit card? I got a Visa one from canada, seen a few thread about it , lot of US resident seem to aknowledge that it work....just want to be sure. All for the sake of :incline: of course.

polo

Magister
Hey, i bought 2 pre order copies thru SitS website, one steam (for me), one PC to give in here. Does someone know how can i get a code or something to give it away? I guess i should wait for full release right?

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
D7CgO8o.png

:x

da_rays

Augur
Let the Serpent Staging Begin~

Got high expectation from this , since I bought 3 copies and gifted 2 to my buddies. And I've been bitchin and moaning about it at work for the last 2 days. And im a nurse. I think i've done my part~
I know that you are imagining thoses sexy nurses playing SitS, I just know it

polo

Magister
Let the Serpent Staging Begin~

Got high expectation from this , since I bought 3 copies and gifted 2 to my buddies. And I've been bitchin and moaning about it at work for the last 2 days. And im a nurse. I think i've done my part~
I know that you are imagining thoses sexy nurses playing SitS, I just know it
How did you give those copies to your buddies?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Dloading the demo forced me to acquire a windows.zip

plz dont be hatin mr gates

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom