Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Serpent in the Staglands Thread

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
:bounce::bounce::bounce:

only a few hours for steam release

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
UI ease-of-use is quite horrid in the demo, but maybe the release patch can smooth things over a bit.

The Fish

Arcane
The first thing I did was access one of the books in the starting area and wrote random symbols into it. It gave me a blood vial and I've no idea what the hell I'm to do with it. This is pretty cool so far.

Trip

Learned
Demo has its fair share of typos, as well as some UI-problems, yeah. If I'm going to keep a detailed journal, then the current one is pretty clunky to use. Writing is clunky as well, at least inside the temple; only liked the arrogant mage's lines. But I'm curious about the quest structure and how one would proceed with just in-world directions; it's what mainly draws me so far.

P.S. Oh yeah, and the language/rune stuff! Wrote with blood in one of the books too, though I don't think I received anything.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Let's wait if people can stomach playing it for more than an hour before we start making new forums.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Let the Serpent Staging Begin~

Got high expectation from this , since I bought 3 copies and gifted 2 to my buddies. And I've been bitchin and moaning about it at work for the last 2 days. And im a nurse. I think i've done my part~
I know that you are imagining thoses sexy nurses playing SitS, I just know it
How did you give those copies to your buddies?

Go to gog
buy game
select "gift"
gift game to yourself
copypaste url from email into steam chat

The Fish

Arcane
Arg. I guessed another rune and now there's fog in the room and more blood.

Edit: And seemingly a portal as well.

Edit: The portal people killed me almost instantly.

polo

Magister
Let the Serpent Staging Begin~

Got high expectation from this , since I bought 3 copies and gifted 2 to my buddies. And I've been bitchin and moaning about it at work for the last 2 days. And im a nurse. I think i've done my part~
I know that you are imagining thoses sexy nurses playing SitS, I just know it
How did you give those copies to your buddies?

Go to gog
buy game
select "gift"
gift game to yourself
copypaste url from email into steam chat
Nah yeah, i thought he might have bought the copies in the serpent website.

roshan

Arcane
Wow, so far the demo seems really good, but I just started the game, this might change of course as I play. First impressions:
1. No running animations! Fuck yeah, abstract, tactical movement FTW. I despised the shitty animations in POE, but not to the extent I do now, after seeing my character in SITS move nice and smoothly. Amazing that an indie game can nail design basics that such a high budget title completely fucked up.
2. Initial dialogue with the priest was very natural and there were interesting replies you could pick. No bloat.
3. Lore of the various races in character creation was also quite interesting. The King of Dragon Pass-esque questions at the beginning was a really nice touch, hoping it has some impact on the game.
4. The game is a feast for the eyes, seriously, this looks really good. The graphics are a real highlight.
5. Music is excellent.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Demo of SitS lets you name your save games. PoE at release could not. :incline:

What I miss instantly is being able to move the game screen with a middle mouse button. Mouse edge scroll and wasd scroll is just not good enough for me :(

roshan

Arcane

What I miss instantly is being able to move the game screen with a middle mouse button. Mouse edge scroll and wasd scroll is just not good enough for me :(

Does the game support zooming in and out? Mouse wheel zoom would be amazing.

The Fish

Arcane

Does the game support zooming in and out? Mouse wheel zoom would be amazing.

Pressing the 'm' key zooms out so you can see the map better but you can't move around like that and there's no other way to zoom in or out as far as I can tell. The default seems fine to me.

To answer the backers, I just bought the game off GOG so I didn't have to wait for a key.

The incantation book is interesting. You can type out curses or whatever for a specific target. I don't quite understand how it works with the spell system. I assume one doesn't make the other redundant.

Fry

Arcane
Still awaiting my key.

Random buyers can get it before backers? Boooo.

m_s0

Arcane
F5... F5... F5... F5...

Can't say I wasn't expecting delays with direct downloads, though.

Johannes

Arcane
Playing the demo, and what I'm really missing is able to switch between characters by pressing on a hotkey. Like in IE games or in an RTS (after you'd assigned the groups there first). 1-5 or f1-f5, most likely. In IE games iirc, also the numbers after 6 (the last party member there) had uses, like 7 to select everyone, 8 to select partymembers 1-3, 9 for 4-6, or so.

Really hampering the sleekness of the gameplay to have to use the mouse to select characters.

Another, smaller UI quirk: when saving a game, the naming of the save should take input without requiring to click on the text box with mouse first.

Whalenought_Joe

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom