Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Serpent in the Staglands Thread

MTwolves

Educated
My first impressions of the game have been good.
I actually think the character portrait options are better than that of POE.

Considering this is a 2-person! development team made with ~$30,000 for a completely new IP, I have been very, very impressed.
This is probably the game that POE could have been.

Regardless, the fact that this game got made is an accomplishment. And it's something that no one can take away from the creators.
I really respect their passion and artistic vision, and I hope that Whalenought gets a chance to make more games in the future.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'd love an extra key if someone is willing to give one away. #ShamelessBegging

Gozma

Arcane
if the developer sees this thread tell me if it's possible for me to change the fog of war clear distance to something larger or if that's ten different kinds of hardcoded

I also need to move a lot faster

this is an unreasonable forums post

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
if the developer sees this thread tell me if it's possible for me to change the fog of war clear distance to something larger or if that's ten different kinds of hardcoded
Are you outside during the day or in a cave or something?

If it's dark, try using torches.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I backed here as well as on KS so I'll be giving away my Codex key to some worthy poor Codexer.

I'd like it :)
Once I get the Codex code it's yours my friend... :salute:

i asked first :(

:martini:
rekt

I would of given it to you Ninjerk as you've been fisted enough it takes years off of your join date... :P

Gozma

Arcane
starting area, I am not a baldur's gate person and I strongly dislike having to mouse -> move viewport -> mouse -> move viewport so I basically just want to clear all the fog of war in an entire area

it's unreasonable to ask a developer for that kinda shit just 'cuz I bought a game not knowing what it was really so whatever

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Anyone know where the game keeps its save files? searched my drive for my save but to no avail. Also... anyone else getting these ridiculous load times between areas?

roshan

Arcane
The item descriptions make for very interesting reads, but there are too many typos. Whalenought_Joe :

salted meat description: rejuvinate > rejuvenate
mead description: pleasent > pleasant
study of goblins description: neusance > nuisance
study of goblins description: ammended > amended
writing tools description: monestary > monastery
writing tools description: oen > one
writing tools description: an errors > an error

GrainWetski

Arcane
Anyone know where the game keeps its save files? searched my drive for my save but to no avail. Also... anyone else getting these ridiculous load times between areas?
C:\Users\****\AppData\LocalLow\Whalenought Studios\Serpent in the Staglands

On Windows 7.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing

They have been quite fast for me; the longest was about 15-20 seconds on an SSD. If you consider that this is a 2-person team that cannot spend weeks on engine optimizations, they've done quite well in that regard.

Johannes

Arcane
When I use the Crest (you get one with the Varuchov / Frost Jackal background, and then gotta have Nobility aptitude to use it) to charm an enemy, everybody freezes on their spots. The target (wolf here) moves closer to you and you get a message on the left, but then nothing can move at all. Not your partymembers, not the charmed wolf, not even after the effect's over.

Whalenought_Joe

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Having the same bug, can't move my characters after trying to use the crest. Also, my ranged characters tend to run into point blank range when i order them to attack.

Played through the first map, the game seems.. weird so far.

Spellcasting seems to be unlimited(correct me if isn't), and it felt like it wasn't possible to survive battles without the constant healing spell.
Haven't found enough consumables to make up for the lack of a healer as well, so it seems mandatory to have a caster.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
I've had the unable to move bug a couple of other times when trying to use items or skills by clicking on a NPC, so that's probably the underlying problem. I once managed to get out of the bug through a fairly simple action, but I can't remember what it was...

edit: you need to kick a companion out of your party with the "reform party" button in the bottom right. Not really a reliable solution, but might be helpful if you haven't quicksaved in a while.

Last edited:

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Ok so from what I see there's really no need to delve into the game before a couple of hefty patches... That's ok. Back to grinding Wiz 6 :)

Weasel
Yes, I always planned to wait a while with this game - even the established devs seem to take ages finishing their games after release so I expected plenty of problems with just a two person team. Hope it doesn't cost them too many sales though, if it gets a rep for releasing in a very buggy state.

All those typos are a shame as that sort of thing should be easy to avoid. If they'd asked for volunteers to proofread their text I'd have happily done so as I like what they're trying to do and hope they're successful enough to keep doing it.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I didn't even notice the typos, the world and graphics are just so awesome that I just spent my time exploring and clicking on everything.

Shame about the rt combat tho, it becomes unwieldy, tb would have been so much better

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom