Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Serpent in the Staglands Thread

hell bovine

Arcane
Depends on the D&d game. BG2 went hilariously overboard with arcane spellcasting. Ive only used spells for healing and quests in SitS, though.
Poison on the other hand, that is one overpowered skill.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://whalenoughtstudios.com/news-...ck-paper-shotguns-the-scrolls-of-honour-2015/

News in the The New Year + Rock Paper Shotgun’s The Scrolls of Honour – 2015!
scrolls.jpg

Earlier this month we were on Richard Cobbett’s “The Scrolls of Honour” , listed as: “The Scroll of Histories: Serpent in the Staglands”. We thought that was very neat and we wanted to share the article with you, and the whole thing is a very fun read if you hadn’t seen it yet, check it out.

As we close out the year we wanted to say thanks to everyone who supported us with feedback and played Serpent in the Staglands since the release in May! We wanted to post some information on the free expansion, but decided we could do better with a proper reveal with more actual content early next year. Big changes coming to Vol that we think you’ll enjoy! So expect some news on that and Copper Dreams, as well as a small Vol chronology site which will house content on the different campaigns happening in it.

Hope all you Spicers have a wonderful new year!

Cheers

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
I just bought this, and out of curiosity checked from Steamspy and it has about 8000 owners...great shame that it haven't sell more.

Ace-Of-Blades

Barely Literate
@ Jarpie, I'm sure a lot of people were like me and chose to buy the gog version, or both. Even though I still agree with you that it really does deserve my recognition but you have to admit it is directed to a rather niche audience as far as gamers are concerned.

Zanzoken, In regards to character bulkiness it did kind or irk me as well at first but then I decided that the Staglands was probably cold as hell and that the bulk was just them keeping warm. Colored cloaks and helmets also help to differentiate but yeah, I would of liked to see some more variety but I also think it works fairly well as it is.

As for the discussion of on spell casting at first I was a little disjointed with it as I decided I would play a mage but then I discovered how wonderful nauseate is in prolonged skirmishes, especially if you can get your enemies to focus on one or two tanks. I admit I haven't really looked outside the necromantic tree of spells but I'm sure that there are a ton of other great ones. My only real complaints with it are that it can be hard to estimate the range of the AoE and that there could be more spells. Something else I would of liked to be able to do is to put a point into a whole school of casting (necromancy, shifting, etc) for a small bonus as well as be able to put a point into individual spells. Might of been hard to make it balanced but still worthwhile though, I don't know. I think I'm just rambling at this point so I'll end my post here.

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
Why do I only hear about this game now? Never liked RTwP much, but played for an hour and this is really damn great. Lovely artstyle and pretty cool background.

Whalenought_Joe

Whalenought Studios
Developer
Whalenought just posted this on their Twitter feed:
"It's the Moon Lord's winter solstice festival in Lumen Targ tonight! I bet nothing goes wrong"

Looks like they may have something in game tied to the Winter Solstice? (Dec 21)

Whalenought_Joe

We were just being festive on twitter, that's just (night) before the start of the game. We wanted to release some news on the expansion on that date, but decided to wait to have some more content to go with it in the new year.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Whalenought just posted this on their Twitter feed:
"It's the Moon Lord's winter solstice festival in Lumen Targ tonight! I bet nothing goes wrong"

Looks like they may have something in game tied to the Winter Solstice? (Dec 21)

Whalenought_Joe

We were just being festive on twitter, that's just (night) before the start of the game. We wanted to release some news on the expansion on that date, but decided to wait to have some more content to go with it in the new year.
What about them two-handed weapons?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
We should consider having a "worst selling RPG of the year" award just to get SitS into a front page article.

Higher Animal

Arcane
Whalenought_Joe

Protip: If you start giving us your random opinions about RPGs on different threads besides this one, and how much Copper Dreams will not be like them, we'll anoint your next production GOTY regardless of its quality.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom