Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Seven: The Days Long Gone - Thief-inspired isometric action-RPG from former CD Projekt devs

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
It looks... Better than what I expected. Anything isometric makes me happy, I guess.
The game is not isometric, actually. It actually uses a perspective projection, but from an overhead and somewhat distant viewpoint.

You can read this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isometric_graphics_in_video_games_and_pixel_art

Easy test: do distant objects seem smaller? If yes, it's perspective projection.

Otherwise it's parallel projection, of which isometric is one of the types. For example: Fallout, Nox, Divine Divinity all use parallel projections, but none of the three is isometric.

Drowed

Arcane
All true, I should actually have used quotes when I used the term isometric.

What I really meant was that "I like games with aerial view with a fixed viewing angle between 110º and 135°", more or less. Games that have that isometric "feel", although strictly speaking, they aren't.

ColCol

Arcane
I'm still hopeful and if this one doesn't work out then the new Whalenaught game and Staglands expansion might offer what i' looking/hoping for......

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I DO applaud the developers for trying something like this, instead of the obvious 3D OMG CONSOLE IMMURSIVE view. Not too sure how this will all work out though.

Krivol

Magister
Sooo... no jumping in Witcher, so they decided to leave a company and make a game when you actually can jup and climb on stuff. Great. Not very excited.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Sooo... no jumping in Witcher, so they decided to leave a company and make a game when you actually can jup and climb on stuff. Great. Not very excited.
Well combat and exploration look better than TW2 and TW3. Reminds me of fun TW1 combat.
I hope they also have a good leveling system and good quests.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Why is anyone remotely interested in this? It's obviously designed for a console (A, B, X buttons in the pre-alpha video) and the combat looks mind numbing-ly dull. I also saw zero sneaking in the first 5 minutes but our thief is a karate asskicker? Oh right, it's must be because of the demon that now posses him...

How is this inspired by Thief again?

Severian Silk

I think jumping is good to have in a FPS/TPS, but in an isometric game? It would just get tiring.

Severian Silk

I haven't played a platformer since Ocarina of Time if that counts.

Murk

Arcane
Looks like it should have been a 3rd person action/rpg/thing.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
I'll be honest: it really doesn't look like that little guy needs to steal anything. He just sorta kills everyone and grabs it. He's not so much a thief as he is a murderer.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
In last month we showed the playable version of the game at two of the biggest game trade fairs in Poland:

Warsaw Games Week (13-16 October 2016) and Poznan Game Arena (21-23 October 2016).

We’ve collected a lot of feedback from the players and some of the opinions were really helpful.

You can check awesome photos from our booth on PGA 2016 on the link below:

https://www.facebook.com/IMGN.PRO/photos/?tab=album&album_id=968616489916889

Our game is still in development and we’re working hard SEVEN days a week to bring you the full version as soon as possible.

Release date for now is still... somewhere in 2017.

So stay tuned and check our social media profiles for new information.

Probably gameplay preview will be about.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
The trailer shows the main character, Teriel, sneaking through a security checkpoint, many of which are scattered across the island of Peh. As well as supporting a visa system to regulate the flow of prisoners around the island, Technomagi use these checkpoints as transfer stations for cargo transport. By hacking the central units of each cargo branch – known as overseers – Teriel can unlock fast travel routes to allow undetected transport.

Divinity: Original Sin
I liked the style and gameplay, but I hate the blindness of AI that are close by. There's a point where you're in clear line of sight and you takdow on opponent in front of him and is clueless. They have to tweak that.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

5. How can you customise your character?
Our character system is fully modular so you will be able to pick your body build, race, hair collor, gender etc.

6. How can I develop the character?
You choose your own playstyle – you can go more into sneaking, and play like a hitman or you can rely more on the combat skills and focus more on close combat.
On top of that you have ranged weapons, so a ranger playstyle is also available and don't forget the magic – really there are multiple possibilities of which way you decide to go.

7. Will I play as a single character or there is an option of forming a party?
You play our game as a lonely thief (well with a deamon to keep you company) but no party forming.

20. Will I be able to do backstabs and dropkills?
Yes, altough not yet visible in the pre-alpha gameplay footage, you will be able to perform all kinds of nasty tricks on your enemies.

21. Will I have to sneak a lot?
No, we dont plan on forcing the player to do a lot of sneaking. Even though you play as a thief, we dont really restrict the player in ways of how you will play.

22. Will I be able to sneak a lot?
Yes, you can slink from bush to bush, throughout the whole game if this is your desire. We want to give you the oportunity to choose the path you feel is the most natural to you.

26. Freedom of choice
We plan to give the player as much freedom as we can – so branching quests and open world exploration will play a big role in our gameplay

27. Open world
Peh is one huge island - basically from the moment you start the game proper you land in one big instance and can go whichever direction you want. The monsters and soldiers guarding the way are a different matter alltogether.

28. Reputation system
There are multiple factions living in Peh, all of them with their own enemies and friends. Cross too many of them and you might find yourself in a tight spot with a bounty on your head.

Edit: The FAQ list was stolen from NMA forum.

Last edited:

Quillon

Arcane
Was this game always cell shaded?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom