Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Seven Dragon Saga - Gold Box spiritual successor from SSI veterans

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Someone must've pointed them to this thread.

But while there have indeed been many silly knee-jerk reactions ITT, it's their job to respond to those, clarify stuff, etc., instead of just putting everything under lock and key. Maybe even register here and post something.

Disappointing.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
And left one is from Naruto, center is from Gurren Lagann, the robot at the background looks like Evangelion. Not sure about the lizard. What's this game is about?
The ruleset is precisely for this. 3D&T stands for Defenders of Tokyo 3rd edition; it's GURPS for dummies (and poor, and weaboos, and huehue).

It was created by the guys from the BR version of Dragon magazine, so people without money to buy the insanely expensive D&D books could still play RPGs. They would release rules in the magazine for playing various mangas, animes and games. It was VERY popular here in the early 2000s, and a lot of people still play.

As much as I like to shout DECLINE at it, it's dirt cheap (it first came as extra on the magazine), open-source and introduced a lot of people to P&P RPGs, so I can't really be angry at them. Also, it IS fun for a quick and derp-heavy session.

Heh, now all of its contents switched to "protected", except two blog posts.
In before counter goes up to two months. :roll:

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Apparently they're just not good at hide things.

http://wixmultimedia.com/tsigames/

I just googled Seven Dragon Saga, and this come up. They're really not aware of Google crawlers.

Such hacking wow.

"Seven Dragon Saga allows the player to create and customize a full party of adventurers and maneuver them in detailed, turn-based tactical combat." This and the dwarven knight in nomad clothing is enough for me to back anything. After years of decline I'm easly satisfied.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
qB1vvWs.png

Dwarves look cool as middle-easterns. Is this enough to stop people from crying "ANIME SHIT!"?

There's even a forum, that seems to have been created just a couple of days ago. They really weren't ready for a decent reveal before.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's possible that this website will be taken down any minute now, so I encourage you all to screencap or archive it.

buzz

Arcane
I don't like In Nomine that much, I prefer to play in Hellblazer's setting. Transhuman Space is p. cool but it's not like I can't get what I get from it in other settings. I like Mage better than Technomancer.

Anyway, you're right, I was way too harsh. What I meant to say was: "90% of the time, I would rather play in a non-native setting that does what the GURPS setting does but better."

I don't like Banestorm that much because when I feel like designing games in it I always end up thinking "why aren't I just designing an Infinite Worlds game instead?"
Ehh, the joys of having awesome groups for roleplaying :negative:.
As a guy living in bumfuck Romania, finding people willing to even try tabletop games of any kind is hard enough. And most of them are D&D/Pathfinder fanatics. Getting them out of their comfort zone is a hard feat in itself, let alone testing their patience and trying to use/design GURPS settings that don't have easy-to-access sources of information or pre-established rules. A Hellblazer GURPS session would require them to read the comics, which would be an absolute no-no.

That's also why I'm using Banestorm. It's a carry-over from using GURPS Fantasy II, which was the only way me and a friend could convince the rest of the group to try a different system. We only ran In Nomine for a few sessions and never tried Transhuman Space, only read the books :(.

Dorateen

Arcane
"Seven Dragon Saga allows the player to create and customize a full party of adventurers and maneuver them in detailed, turn-based tactical combat."

This is exactly what I'm looking for. If they hold true to this vision, then I am more than satisfied.

And the dwarven knight is approved.

Stone dwelling people, rugged, warlike and suited to their harsh land

buzz

Arcane
0UZ2meE.png

The button links to Kickstarter's homepage

Will probably :takemymoney: but :x

Someone gets killed if the campaign is disappointing and the goal is not met.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
qB1vvWs.png

Dwarves look cool as middle-easterns. Is this enough to stop people from crying "ANIME SHIT!"?

There's even a forum, that seems to have been created just a couple of days ago. They really weren't ready for a decent reveal before.

If the rest is in the same vein, then totally :takemyjewgold:

Also, come out and play with us TSI!

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
At least, it confirms it will be a crowdfunding project: "pledge now", but that was not so hard to guess so

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
qB1vvWs.png

That is actually refreshing, new and different. If the rest of the game is like this:

:takemymoney:

DeepOcean

Arcane
qB1vvWs.png

Hey, this dwarf looks cool, when I heard it would have animu faggotry I tought in big heads, big eyes, Tokyo high school stupid bitches in jumpsuits being raped by tentacle monsters. This look cool. If they make suicide bomber dwarves, it is a D1P for me.

Alchemist

Arcane
Yep the dwarf looks decent to me - the art style even looks fairly traditional and he's not wielding a giant weapon, flying through the air and screaming. :incline:

Here's an elf from the bottom footer graphic:
WePQ5Hd.jpg

Ears a bit big for my taste but aside from that not bad.

Alchemist

Arcane
Really? I thought you were making fun of the ruleset. :lol:
Hehe no I have no strong feelings about the ruleset yet. Will wait and see what they officially present, because the PnP one could differ from the CRPG one in some ways.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Yep the dwarf looks decent to me - the art style even looks fairly traditional and he's not wielding a giant weapon, flying through the air and screaming. :incline:

Here's an elf from the bottom footer graphic:
WePQ5Hd.jpg

Ears a bit big for my taste but aside from that not bad.
But will it have sex and rape?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom