Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Seven Dragon Saga - Gold Box spiritual successor from SSI veterans

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Huh, so they're updating a "leaked" site without hide it.

High Elf Wizard
Magic holds a favored place in the Empire, and Wizards are respected in war and peace. Spells allow them to control the battlefield, and sweep weaker opponents from the field.

Kralik Pitfighter
Graced with luck, and connected to the spirit world, Kralik embrace danger. The Empire loves its blood sports, and pitfighters are its celebrities. In time, many regain anonymity in the military.

Drakyri Archer
Lovers and betrayers of dragons, hiding beneath the earth, this part-draconic race is at home in the dark. The Archers of this race are feared as dealers of silent, swift death from afar.

Alchemist

Arcane
I'm pretty sure that wixmultimedia site is just a test site for their real site. I doubt it's meant to be live yet.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
:takemymoney:

Edit: They only need to remake old games with that art style (and more content of course :)) to get my third born as a sacrifice!

Last edited:

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
I can't se all of dem on the site, only four of dem( including the knight dwarf).All of dem have textual description?

edit:
Damned, the Kickstarter "section" is no more.What's happening?

Last edited:

twincast

Learned
Patron
In My Safe Space
Well, something's anatomically odd about the elf archer, and I don't like how the elf fire mage apparently deliberately restricts her arm movement through clothing accessories, but those are minor details; all in all the art (both style and quality) looks fantastic.

Mine interest is fully piqued now.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I'm surprised that so many codexer get excited by pretty average concept/promo art.

The real game could look like that shitty Ultima remake thingy for all we know.

mastroego

Arcane
Well, we only said we like the art.
It was said about PoE too.

As soon as shitty mechanics will be revealed (if that's what's coming) the tune will change.

SophosTheWise

Cipher
They're definitely not doing interviews before the anouncement (which is not really a clever move seeing as this is a very niche game) but at least they took my questions and promised to answer them as soon as the anouncement is out. Not impressed so far

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Huh, so they're updating a "leaked" site without hide it.

High Elf Wizard
Magic holds a favored place in the Empire, and Wizards are respected in war and peace. Spells allow them to control the battlefield, and sweep weaker opponents from the field.

Kralik Pitfighter
Graced with luck, and connected to the spirit world, Kralik embrace danger. The Empire loves its blood sports, and pitfighters are its celebrities. In time, many regain anonymity in the military.

Drakyri Archer
Lovers and betrayers of dragons, hiding beneath the earth, this part-draconic race is at home in the dark. The Archers of this race are feared as dealers of silent, swift death from afar.

I wonder if that means races = classes. I don't mind that much, but in that case you may as well just drop races altogether and have the PCs be human instead of provoking questions like "why can't I play a high elf fighter?"

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I wonder if that means races = classes. I don't mind that much, but in that case you may as well just drop races altogether and have the PCs be human instead of provoking questions like "why can't I play a high elf fighter?"
Also, here's the race, class and specialization list:

Nw935nS.png

Specialties are adjectives you add to your class. So your full title would be "Fast Dwarf Knight", or "Necromantic Imperial Wizard".
No one reads my posts. :cry:

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm surprised that so many codexer get excited by pretty average concept/promo art.

The real game could look like that shitty Ultima remake thingy for all we know.
I think it's due more to a sigh of relief that "wow, it doesn't look like anime" than to it being "wow, great art assets."

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't care about the concept art, and I'm a little disheartened to see a list of kewl original races and six types of elves.

In my opinion the best SSI game was Wizard's Crown where the art didn't matter
wc.jpg
and all 8 PCs were (presumably) human. The character creation system was deep yet elegant (with just a few stats but a ton of important skills), the tactical combat was rock-solid even when fighting in wide open spaces, and in general the whole thing was completely unshackled by the failings of D&D. I don't want to see them develop a "fascinating" world with shlocky backstory and a menagerie of dumb races with little abilities to pick from. I don't want a whole new hackwritten world to explore. Just give me a system that allows for dozens of party combinations like WC did, let me build a straightforward team of 8 guys, and set a simple objective for me to start grinding towards. Gold Box games were fun, but Wizard's Crown set the gold standard for party-based tactics.

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
Also, here's the race, class and specialization list:

Nw935nS.png

Specialties are adjectives you add to your class. So your full title would be "Fast Dwarf Knight", or "Necromantic Imperial Wizard".
No one reads my posts. :cry:

This board (and what Felipepe says by "Specialties are adjectives you add to your class") makes me realize that the pictures only name races & classes, but no speciality like the "high elf FIRE wizard".Although her picture seems to represent a fire-high elf-wizard, the name of the file doesn't contain her specialty as it's only named high elf wizard.And it's the same for all the characters that are shown

eg:

I hope the game won't forget the setting of specialty and mage specialty, as it can be an important adjective when you faces ennemies, as it allows players to guess their strength and weakness (assuming "ice" is rightfully opposed to "fire"): is this knight dwarf a defensive or a deadlly one, fast or tactical, etc etc.All of this can affect gameplay (think AI) and combats when it's a matter of turn, tactical & party based

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Female-half-elf-300x300.png
shade-elf-300x300.png

These two images, a Half-elf and a Shade Elf, have no class in its file name. I think left is a Wraith Hunter and right is an Archer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom