Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

7 Mages - turn-based blobber where you play a party of mages

Rabbid

Savant
Your project seems really ambitious. Dunno if it's better to focus on only one platform at first (preferably iOS). I notice that many developers with high quality outputs (in mobile terms) refrain from developing for android. Anyway, best of luck with that.

Off-topic: The announcement mentions Napoleon Games. Are you the team behind Brány Skeldalu? If yes, is there any English translation available?

buzz

Arcane
OH MAH GAWD!!!

:love:this game looks absolutely gorgeous.

Seven Mages also looks pretty great.

Jindřich Rohlík

Napoleon Games
Developer
We have shot new video introducing musical magic in Seven mages:

also we have released two new screenshots from new game environment:
008.jpg

009.jpg

as usual we have update our pages
7mages.net
with an interview with Lucias, one of game character who is talk more deeply about musical magic.

Jindřich Rohlík

Napoleon Games
Developer
Your project seems really ambitious. Dunno if it's better to focus on only one platform at first (preferably iOS). I notice that many developers with high quality outputs (in mobile terms) refrain from developing for android. Anyway, best of luck with that.

Off-topic: The announcement mentions Napoleon Games. Are you the team behind Brány Skeldalu? If yes, is there any English translation available?
I am sorry. As far as I know there is some fan translation but I do not know where. We do not plan to do it by ourselves as we do not believe there is enough players to play such an old game. Not a mention technical issues with game made for MS-DOS/protected mode :)

Rabbid

Savant
I am sorry. As far as I know there is some fan translation but I do not know where. We do not plan to do it by ourselves as we do not believe there is enough players to play such an old game. Not a mention technical issues with game made for MS-DOS/protected mode :)

Thanks for the reply. At least we have your new game to look forward to :)
Here's the English patch for Brány Skeldalu in case someone wants it.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The UI for splitting parties looks really sleek. Also a nice implementation of "bard" songs.

Jindřich Rohlík

Napoleon Games
Developer
Hey guys,

we finally know the date. The gme will be available on both AppStore and Google Play on 3/15/2016. Plus we decided to make the game available in early access for Windows and Mac (it means it will be the same version as on mobiles first and we will make an adjustments for PC later). We also released some new screenshots:

screenshots_10.jpg

screenshots_11.jpg
screenshots_12.jpg
screenshots_13.jpg
screenshots_14.jpg
screenshots_15.jpg

getter77

Augur
So long as the PC version gets there in due time in good shape, so much more the merrier---take as much time as needed to polish and revise the design and all else whenever possible.

Alchemist

Arcane
This is looking really good and I'm looking forward to it. So glad this is turn-based.

One bit of critique: I'm not sure the dead-center top placement of the mini-map is ideal, as it interferes with your nice environment art. I'd maybe move it off to the left, anchored next to the portraits, either at the top or bottom.

Jindřich Rohlík

Napoleon Games
Developer
Can deaf people play this game?

Yes. You can actually see that you are playing something and who is affected by the song. You can play just one song at a time so you can remember what you have started playing. All song have an icon like any other spell.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I'd mention in the description that you can / have to split your party.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Hehehe, just found out my buddy Hunterkiller (Jan Doležálek) did a bunch of concept art for this. Will post a link when it puts it up online.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom