Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadow of the Eternals (Eternal Darkness successor) - Morgoth is very angry

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem wasn't developed by the Japanese? :eek:

My faith in the grorious Japan is completely undermined now. Thanks, Morgoth-kun.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

My faith in the grorious Japan is completely undermined now. Thanks, Morgoth-kun.

And I thought you were kidding here.

No, it was made by Silicon Knights (Canadian). They developed a sequel for Nintendo, but then fucked it up with the Epic Games lawsuit bal bla. So basically, the company was dismantled, but I guess they still were allowed to keep the assets.

I wonder if Dennis Dickhead is working on it.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

And I thought you were kidding here.

I'm drunk (a little bit), sorry :oops:

Although for some reason I did think Eternal Darkness was a Jap game. Serves me right, I guess.

80Maxwell08

Arcane
Tell me I'm not going to have to click on an IGN link to get any details on this.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Denis Dyack (Founder of SK, Creative Director and self-ascribed "benevolent dictator") is almost single-handedly responsible for Too Human and X-Men Destiny to be so shitty, to lose the court battle with Epic Games and getting the entire company shut down.

The only two good games they ever released (Eternal Darkness, MGS Twin Snakes) can only be attributed due to Nintendo's rigor and that "Nintendo quality seal". In other words, Nintendo made Dyack do things their way, not his.

If he is on board of Shadow of the Eternals, I'm not gonna pledge. Period. That guy is a maniac.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
dyack_kojimalulz.jpg

He does look a little bit like David Gaider though....

Also that Hideo Kojima wallpaper. :lol:

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-05-03-eternal-darkness-spiritual-successor-announced

Evidently, Precursor Games had written up a crowdfunding campaign for an Eternal Darkness sequel called Shadow of the Ancients. It was to be an episodic series for PC and Wii U that centered around a Louisiana detective named Paul Becker, though it would span over 2500 years and be at least partially set in Egypt, England and Hungary.

:thumbsup:

Entitled Shadow of the Eternals, little is known about the project, but IGN confirmed that series creator Denis Dyack is involved then posted a teaser trailer for the project.

:rage:

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
Poor Morgoth, If this gets successfully kickstarted he will have to buy a 50 gallon drum of lube to stave off fatal levels of :butthurt:.

tadhg

Educated
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I'm sure they'll release a game, it'll just be delayed and terrible.

Very few games let me down as badly as Too Human. Between that and the utter disaster Silicon Knights became, there's no way I'd pledge.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yep, from the best Zelda clone ever to this.

EDIT: I've broken down and clicked the link and this quote is absolutely hilarious after watching the teaser:
Yet despite this reportedly split effort, the ED2 demo also failed to come together in a satisfying way, sources said. "The farthest they got with it when I left SK was, literally, one two-level church interior," says one former employee.
DOHOHOHO
ed2.jpg

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
It doesn't help that Nintendo has literally patented the insanity meter as it was in Eternal Darkness.

Not as though Eternal Darkness was particularly amazing in the gameplay department, either. Limb selection was kinda pointless since the only place you'd ever want to hit enemies is the head, controls were kinda finicky and awkward, most of the magic was kinda useless outside of story progression, the rest easily abusable to game-breaking levels. Lucky for them that basically every other element of the game made up for it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom