Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadow Realms, Bioware's new episodic online co-op action-RPG - Canceled

imweasel

So Bioware's new IP is a horror survival... RPG?

It's a Bioware game, so I bet you can fuck the poltergeists and demons. :troll:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This deserves its own thread.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-07-25-bioware-teases-new-project-with-this-nightmare-trailer

Mass Effect and Dragon Age developer BioWare is teasing a new horror project.

Select fans have been emailed a link to Youve-Been-Chosen.com, which reveals a live-action teaser trailer for something named "Nightmare".

"The time is near," the site reads. "They are watching. Your power is rising. Cologne, Germany. You've Been Chosen."

It's likely we'll hear more at Gamescom (held in Cologne) in a couple of weeks.

There appears to be some kind of ARG running with more clues to the game - police reports for a missing person named Henna Caplin, as well as a website for a fake college - the Woods-Watson Institute of Higher Learning.

What could it all mean? It doesn't look anything like the new IP that BioWare briefly teased back at E3 and it certainly doesn't look like Mass Effect or Dragon Age.

Our best guess would be BioWare's mysterious collaboration with Fallen London developer Failbetter Games. The British-based studio teased that it was working on something with BioWare earlier this year.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well to be fair the Teaser wasn't even that bad. Still it will probably suck, the codex will hate it but it will end up with a 400 page megathread.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
looks like a teaser for a very shitty tv show.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I got the mail as being one of the selected few.... and the link to the localised trailor was broken and led to an unused page. Quality marketing at work. Or was I one of selected few that got saved from having to endure it? This leaves me me with so many questions...
+M

Weasel
voSq8tR.jpg

polo

Magister
I watched the trailer with no sound, it was funny.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
What's really horrifying is that they used a white cismale penis bearer as their protagonist in the video. Thanks, BioWare. I can't even finish my lunch now, I am literally sick with rage.

I just hope that this game isn't the one on which they are collaborating with Failbetter Games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom