Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadow Realms, Bioware's new episodic online co-op action-RPG - Canceled

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This game hasn't been confirmed to be an MMO, thread should be moved back to GRPG.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/07/25/b...-project-rumoured-to-be-called-shadow-realms/

Mini-update: Oh yeah, there's this too. On 25 February, Failbetter Games—of Sunless Sea and Fallen London—announced that they were working with Bioware. "I can’t tell you anything at all about the project," Failbetter wrote at the time, "not for a little while yet – except to say that it’s a Failbettery one, down to its bones." Given that the Shadow Realms trademark was also filed late-Feb, it's more likely thatthis—not the Edmonton project—is what the teaser refers to.

Last edited:

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
This game hasn't been confirmed to be an MMO, thread should be moved back to GRPG.
double standards, infinitron? i see no confirmation that it is even remotely rpg related either. moving to gg. hopefully it dies there.

Angthoron

Arcane
In the new BioWare game, you will collect a colourful cast of allies like Freddy Krueger, Jason Voorhies and The Thing from John Carpenter's The Thing, and work on their emotional scars, daddy issues and social anxieties to create a dream team to overcome the one true horror from beyond space and time.

Features:
Romance: Romance your allies. Romance the side characters. Romance yourself!
Engage Emotionally: Enter a horror story like no other. Sympathize with the gentle side of what you considered monsters before. Embrace diversity.
Multiple Endings: To be announced.
Roleplaying system: You can change costumes on your characters.
Written by acclaimed authors: David Gaider and that girl that licked the PSP.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
tumblr_m5xuuhJcSA1r7j1kso1_500.jpg

Itz coming!
Note: Freddy's original sweater only in exclusive digital day 1 preorder purchase.

Darkion

Augur
I was reluctant to check it out but I finally did and was not impressed. They should have had Gaider be the one in the car turning towards the guy trying to open the door, that would have been really terrifying.

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Got a message about this in my mail, thought I was invited for a beta test for a goddamn Bioware game.

Thank god.

I was reluctant to check it out but I finally did and was not impressed. They should have had Gaider be the one in the car turning towards the guy trying to open the door, that would have been really terrifying.
Nah, Gaider can't hold a candle to dynamic duo of Helper and Priestly. Both of them left Bio, but still. Imagine this
EnI6sm6.jpg

plus this
ejQEAbc.jpg

giving birth to something like this

(coincidentally, this is pretty much how I usually imagine contemporary Bioware fans)

Last edited:

Darkion

Augur
Nah, Gaider can't hold a candle to dynamic duo of Helper and Priestly. Both of them left Bio, but still. Imagine this

plus this

giving birth to something like this

(coincidentally, this is pretty much how I usually imagine contemporary Bioware fans)

Okay. You win. :P

Black

Arcane
Oh man, now posting LOCKDOWN
P88HA1r.png
on bw forums after ea closes down bioware won't have the same impact.
I feel emptier now.

Oh man, now posting LOCKDOWN
P88HA1r.png
on bw forums after ea closes down bioware won't have the same impact.
I feel emptier now.
Well, you can always make some food metaphors instead, comparing them to shitcake fallen from the top of a nine story building, or whatever. It seems to be in vogue among Bioware devs this days.
oguDed4.png

vzEYPbB.png

Hormalakh

Magister
Guys. I'm really excited! Bioware always exceeds expectations and this time they're trying their hadn with a horror game? Oh man. Can't WAIT!

buzz

Arcane
:updatedmytxt: Note to self: if you want edgy one-liners and 4chan-style of humor from an rpgcodex topic, make a thread about something related to Bioware.

Uhm, let me try.

"We want the Slenderman audience!" :smug:
"I want to romance Cthulhu :incloosive: "

" If you press a button, something scary happens."

Do I fit in yet, guise?

Dr Tomo

Learned

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/07/25/b...-project-rumoured-to-be-called-shadow-realms/

Mini-update: Oh yeah, there's this too. On 25 February, Failbetter Games—of Sunless Sea and Fallen London—announced that they were working with Bioware. "I can’t tell you anything at all about the project," Failbetter wrote at the time, "not for a little while yet – except to say that it’s a Failbettery one, down to its bones." Given that the Shadow Realms trademark was also filed late-Feb, it's more likely thatthis—not the Edmonton project—is what the teaser refers to.

I am sure this isn't going to be an mmo as EA has Maxis working on their "reboot" for one of their beloved franchises I am sure many on the Codex are going to try and it won't be a moba as they already have Dawn gate. I do like Bioware as a studio, it always amuses me when studios chase fads that are already in the decline like Gearbox and Crytek. First with swotr, then Dawn gate, and now some horror game and I am guessing open world rpg's can be added on the list as well (DAI?)?

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Everytime Bioware presses a button, something horrible happens.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom