Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Well, you have that kind of game named Fallout Tactics.

And damn, i'm in humanis base headquarters and there's matrix jack and i forgot all about buying the software to fight off ICs. Have restart the mission all over again. =[
I suppose there isn't any way to return to it after mission's completed?

edit: never mind, did the deed just by entering and forcing out the cable and then reentering again till all the cubes were dead

Last edited:

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Wonder if there is any interesting with all these ''asshole'' attitudes in dialogues. Does it change anything except the equivalent verbal responses?

Zetor

Arcane
Some of them have cosmetic effects in the Kreuzbasar later on, and may have minor impact on 'flavor' dialogue. There are a few situations where you can really piss Dietrich off, and that'll basically make him not talk to you ever again. There's also a really simple 'approval' score for the main characters that may or may not close off later dialogues. No gameplay effect, though.

(that said, there are 2-3 major decisions that WILL alter how the story plays out, but they're all made in the last few missions, Bioware-style)

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Heh, almost finished it,
Vauclair tells me his plan... and I like his plan. It's a good plan. I don't even give a shit about him having to burn Berlin because Berlin in the Shadowrun future is an anarchist shithole, wiping it out is a good chance for a new beginning with a proper government there.

I fully support Vauclair and his plans.
Considering that the dragons are the ones that protected humanity from interdimentional, immortal, corrupting monsters that eat human life and suffering and turn anything they touch on bizzare, creepy and corrupt versions of the previous beings that become empty shell to be manipulated and distorted on all kinds of disgusting ways. He was going to do a hell of a job destroying the world.:salute:
But is this actually canon? We never really cared about the dragons when playing PnP, so we never really touched on that.
For all I know, the dragons could just claim that stuff and it could be false.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Not exactly hard to figure out what would be substituted in place of HUMAN, ELF, ORK and TROLL in real life, is it? They probably did some research on Stormfront for that mission.

Or they just read our politics forum.

Heh, almost finished it,
Vauclair tells me his plan... and I like his plan. It's a good plan. I don't even give a shit about him having to burn Berlin because Berlin in the Shadowrun future is an anarchist shithole, wiping it out is a good chance for a new beginning with a proper government there.

Considering that the dragons are the ones that protected humanity from interdimentional, immortal, corrupting monsters that eat human life and suffering and turn anything they touch on bizzare, creepy and corrupt versions of the previous beings that become empty shell to be manipulated and distorted on all kinds of disgusting ways. He was going to do a hell of a job destroying the world.:salute:
But is this actually canon? We never really cared about the dragons when playing PnP, so we never really touched on that.

It's canon. For example:
Dunkelzahn (the dragon that got voted in as president of the UCAS) commited suicide to power an artifact that stopped "The Horrors" from crossing over into our world after those exuberant Aztechnology nutjobs used blood magic to try and bring them forth.
The Horrors are basically lovecraftian world-ending monstrosities that can only exist when the background magic levels are high enough. Previously (in the Earthdawn campaign setting, also by FASA), the horrors appeared and destroyed all life not safely hidden away in giant underground strongholds. Once they had killed sufficient life, the magic levels began dropping and the horrors vanished back to wherever they hang around when not fucking over earth. Earthdawn was about reclaiming the world after the apocalypse. Once magic levels fell further, elves, orks, dragons etc. faded away. In the case of paticularly Mary Sueish elves (such as Harlequin), they turned into humans and continued plotting. The dragons fell into dormacy etc.
So in Shadowrun, all those dragons that are around know that if the horrors come back, they're going to get assraped again. Since they're not paticularly interested in not being the top dogs of the world, they're actively trying to make sure all the lesser mortals are prepared to fight back and stop the horrors this time around.

Last edited:
Not exactly hard to figure out what would be substituted in place of HUMAN, ELF, ORK and TROLL in real life, is it? They probably did some research on Stormfront for that mission.

Iron Tower Studios,

You work hard. You play fair. And still, you can't get ahead. But have you ever wondered why?

The answer is simple. The PUBLISHERS are using the GAMING PRESS and the METACRITIC as muscle against you.

Am I doing it right?

DeepOcean

Arcane
Heh, almost finished it,

There are two named horrors mentioned on shadowrun materials like Ysrthgrathe(Likes to choose an individual and psychologically torture him for life in all kinds of nasty ways, it torments one of the immortal elves in both Earthdawn and Shadowrun , in Earthdawn, there was even one underground magical bunker built to house thousands of people to protect them from the horrors, one immortal elf, Ysrthgrathe"s favorite victim hid in there and brought him in without her knowing and he killed everyone of the inhabitants, thousands of people, one by one in all kinds of nasty ways with the only objective of make her life as miserable as possible.)

Bone Crown The Usurper(some relationship with Aztechnology, he appears on a novel I think, Bone Crown lead followers to madness and frenzied worshipping, as many followers he has, more powerful he becomes until it gets time for him to feed and he leads his followers to their destruction through foolish wars or paranoia fueled in fighting and go to another place to start all over again.) There is a sourcebook where is mentioned that there is the possibility of an horror/horror construct/corrupted great dragon is behind Aztecgnology, with a human mage for sure being a horror construct/completely corrupted by one at some point.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I think since the separation of the two, most of that horror stuff has begun to get retconned out. Not the bugs and what not, just the imminent Cthulu-esque stuff.
Recent editions have made no mention of AZT's possessed dragon. And in fact, while AZT is technically still one of the big bads, it's no longer certain if they will remain THE big bad. Ares might replace them due to allegations that Damien Knight is using bugs to assassinate rivals and actively using bug shamans in his security teams, etc. It's believed that Ares captured several high level queens in Chicago and have been basically keeping them around for a while. So far Damien Knight is still the boss, but no one knows for how long.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Those things do exist, but who says dragons are needed to fight them? Except the dragons themselves.
The "problem" I see is that dragons are certainly extremely powerful, but they can be killed with a "big enough gun".

And I can see the logic in saying "if we can kill dragons, we can kill any other threat, too". Of course, it might be wrong, but I can see the reasoning and that many would agree. And dragons being giant dicks does not help :D

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
I find it hilarious that dragons in this game are also some sort of high up corporate figureheads, doing ''biz'', political intrigues and hoarding money. Are they dragons at all? From what i know this far this freudescwheine dragon simply flew up and down an Erath's grid and did the classical dragon stuff, blowing fire and brimstone on people till it got fragged by the german guy, but now it is ''scheming'' a revenge in bunker, while gathering jewgold from offshore money laundering shenanigans. A high functioning psycho dragon?
Shadowrun lore is weird. It's like they wanted to cram every possible fictional setting into one universe. Any wild west cowboys there? Alsoi, SOX from all i read seems like The Zone or Mad Max world or Baator/Carceri within the existing world. Fun stuff. How dos one make sense of it all.

Spockrock

Augur
From what i know this far this freudescwheine dragon simply flew up and down an Erath's grid and did the classical dragon stuff, blowing fire and brimstone on people till it got fragged by the german guy, but now it is ''scheming'' a revenge in bunker, while gathering jewgold from offshore money laundering shenanigans. A high functioning psycho dragon?
no.

Dr. Vauclair is the one after your team, not the dragon. The dragon has been kept in a near-death state for 20 years, because Vauclair wants to use it to exterminate all dragons.

but the plot of this game is really shitty, I have to agree. if it wasn't for the writing, I'd drop it half way through. had to finish it because I enjoy reading all that in-game text

Heh, almost finished it,

Again, now you're relying upon metaknowledge that neither the character nor, in most cases, the player knows.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
I wonder how a dragon gets to be a CEO of megacorp. I mean, he can't sit in his megachair chewing on cigar, shuffle papers and make slideshow presentations in front of the directors board. Dragons, how do they work?

Anyhow, is there any other way to get in the Aztech building without signing death sentence to those soykafe kids? :sappy: I don't have strength or charisma to get in through the back door with the help of that broad in the garage section. Barging in guns blazing seems bad idea, because i already had experienced damn tough battles in MKVI and prior missions with thous ''knight'' doods and this seems like will be the ultimate shootout thus far.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I wonder how a dragon gets to be a CEO of megacorp. I mean, he can't sit in his megachair chewing on cigar, shuffle papers and make slideshow presentations in front of the directors board. Dragons, how do they work?

My Shadowrun lore is a bit rusty, but Dragons get people to act for them and run a company, but most megacorps may not even know the company IS actually run by a dragon (but some megacorps it is already known a dragon runs them). Dragons typically try to stay out of the spotlight.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Many dragons can speak several of the "Young Races" languages. They prefer to speak in Dragon though (which is telepathic).

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How do they communicate with their proxies? Blowing rancid breath to their faces in some cave?

As far as I am familiar with Shadowrun lore, they can shapeshift to humanoid forms.

EDIT:
Lofwyr in dragon form:
Lofwyr_und_seine_direkten_Untergebenen.JPG

Lofwyr in humanoid form:
Npc_humanmale_hansbrackhaus.png

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Yeah, they can take Humanoid form, but they will usually only do it rarely (because they then are MUCH more vulnerable than say a normal Great Dragon (which is basically impossible to kill).

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
wat
In DMS that german elfguy didn't imply he was Lofwyr himself, just that he has communicated with him about the bug stuff.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom