Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I'll take your word for it, but stuff like that already sounds like something I'll be editing out :M

Gord

Arcane
Also, I am EXTREMELY BUTTHURT that GoG finally got the 2.05 patch - but for Mac. Us Windows users apparently have to wait even longer. Oh well, could be worse. Linux version hasn't been patched since 1.7 version.

I was a big supporter of GOG for a long time but I really hesitate about buying new release games there. The patching process is ass.

Using GOG for Dragon Commander killed it for me as a platform for new releases, at least for now.
Maybe with GOG Galaxy it will be better, but until then I can sadly only advice against buying new releases from GOG.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
^ How did you get through the final battle at all? I'm there with a phys adept now and even only fighting the 4 guys at the very exit seems like a tall order.

Hmmm... I'm talking about the first Lodge mission, to be clear. If that's what you're talking about too, I simply lured the heavy guys around the corner and took them out in a crossfire, then hunted down the mage using brute force. I then escaped directly to the tunnel using my decker to open the hatch.

dryan

Arcane
Altoholism struck again.
This time I made a Troll street samurai who favors melee.
Went to talk with Samuel Beckenbauer and the racial dialogue option was :decline:

Starwars

Arcane
Playing a Mage this time. Gotta say that the option to examine Glory's aura was pretty fuckin' kickass.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
SR 4ed is mechanically the best (disclaimer: have not played 5th ed) but as stated, it breaks some SR traditions in order to "refresh" the setting/game. AFAIK, there hasn't been an utterly shitty editions in SR at all, and no really huge changes in playstyle - nothing comparable between the jump from D&D 2nd to 3.5.

SR5 reintroduced the godawful priorities system for race/attributes/nuyen/skills/magic at character generation. The biggest failing of SR3 was that the advancement system for chargen (priorities) did not match the advancement system after the game started (karma), making some things ridiculously cheap when you made a character and expensive later or vice versa.

I prefer SR4 rules in a SR3 setting, which mostly means nuking technomancers and wireless matrix rules.

Dude, did anyone ever tell you that you are awesome?
Stompa beat me out of helping you Grunker but one advice, read Archology Shutdown then Brainscan and read Harlequin and then Harlequin's Back.

Vampiric Koala Bears! :love:

But seriously, fuck Harlequin and everything with Immortal Elves in it.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Just do like me, and you won't have to worry about which edition is the best.

Use a GURPS conversion :troll:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
[Filthy, stinking lies]

At least I know what the NPC my players are going to beat up for information next session is going to be named now. :argh:

GURPS suffers from two fatal flaws.
#1 is that it tries to do everything decently and so ends up doing nothing great. The more generic you make your rules, the higher the risk of the genericness leaking into your setting.
#2 is the Sawyerite-like cult of GURPS zealots who look at an interesting system or setting and go "Gee, this would be so much better if I ported it to this generic system, in case I ever want to turn it into a western with elves in space".

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
#1: bullshit. The frequent lie that GURPS is bland is predictable and dumb. Not only do advs/disadvs make some of the best inspirational material in P&P history, GURPS supplements are some of the most well-researched pieces of mood and atmosphere in pen and paper period. You can always spot someone who hasn't actually read that much GURPS - but just leafed through the basic set - by the statement that GURPS is generic and bland.

#2: The Sawyer-like cult of GURPS zealots are indeed tiresome, but at least I admit to my zealotry :troll:. If you allow zealots to color your views on something you're only fooling yourself by allowing idiots to ruin your shit. (actually, since the end of the edition wars circa 2006, I haven't actually seen that many zealots around... for any system, really)

Also, I play plenty of other systems... I am by no means of the opinion that GURPS is the end-all be-all of system design. It has strengths and weaknesses like any other system. I like it for the type of Shadowrun game that I run, though.

Stompa

Arcane
I prefer SR4 rules in a SR3 setting, which mostly means nuking technomancers and wireless matrix rules.
But what about otaku? :troll:

Seriously though, how do you deal with a shitfest that is SR4's Matrix?

Lujo

Augur
Does anyone know how exactly are the post-run expenses calculated? Is the "free" gear really free, meaning you always pay for it so you better spend it, or do you get more money out of a run the fewer things you use up?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Does anyone know how exactly are the post-run expenses calculated? Is the "free" gear really free, meaning you always pay for it so you better spend it, or do you get more money out of a run the fewer things you use up?

I would guess it's a standard calculation, but I'm just guessing.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
You can give them Consumables if they have a free slot in their inventory. Such as Summons, Health kits etc....

You can do that after you have picked your party and the load out screen comes up.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
You can give them Consumables if they have a free slot in their inventory. Such as Summons, Health kits etc....

You can do that after you have picked your party and the load out screen comes up.

Right, I mean after that screen, during the mission, can you still do it?

Starwars

Arcane
Fuckin' Apex fight man. In my opinion, that's how you design a "boss fight" for a turnbased game. The Matrix layer works great here and you have to make decisions on how to best use your team. And goddamn enemy-cunts with tasers to take away your precious actionpoints.

It's glorious I think.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom