Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I think I'll restart playing the whole thing, vanilla campaign and then DF one. I was quite enjoying SR then I've stopped playing because of pesky real life getting in the way, but I'm hearing an alluring call... In no small part due to the recent reading of Gibson's novels...

Lujo

Augur
Fuckin' Apex fight man. In my opinion, that's how you design a "boss fight" for a turnbased game. The Matrix layer works great here and you have to make decisions on how to best use your team. And goddamn enemy-cunts with tasers to take away your precious actionpoints.

It's glorious I think.

Only if you do the matrix part - if you just decide to delete APEX, then it's a cakewalk.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
Yeah, I could never pick stuff up (or interact with the environment) with my other characters outside of combat.

dryan

Arcane
During a mission? No.
But if your inventory is full, you can get them to pick up stuff so it's at least usable in the mission and doesn't just go back to stash.

Only in combat mode though, afaik, since you otherwise only control your own char.

I was under the impression that if you have a full inventory, and you pick up an item out of combat, it goes to your first companion with a free inventory slot. That replace/stash window opens only after everyone has all slots occupied.

But I always stock up before runs, loaning BuMoNa's to Eiger and medkits to Dietrich, so I'm not sure.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Not sure how long this has been up: http://harebrained-schemes.com/about/job-openings/

Environment Art Wizard*
Harebrained Schemes seeks an experienced 3D Environment Artist to join our team! We’re a small crew of passionate game-makers, dedicated to crafting fun new experiences across a variety of platforms and genres. Harebrained Schemes is located in Kirkland, WA, and this is a fulltime, on-site position.

What You’ll Do
  • Work directly with the Art Director to establish a kickass visual style for a brand new, unannounced PC title.
  • Drive the creation of 3D game environments for Unity. We expect you to bring new tricks and techniques to our team.
  • Work closely with our engineering team in the creation of rules for modular environment systems.
  • Working with a small art team, create 3D assets that can be efficiently re-used, reconfigured, and plugged-in to a modular system.
Required XP
  • You love making (and playing) games, not just making art. Though you love that too!
  • Wizard-level modeling skills in Maya. You place each polygon with the precision of a master surgeon.
  • You know that realism is not the destination. You aspire to create 3D worlds that are beautiful and unique, not to capture every grass blade and each texture in fine specular detail.
  • You know all the stuff we’d expect you to know about art: color, value, lighting, composition, creating focus, atmospheric perspective, and so on.
  • You know how to work with shaders and get them to do what you want. You know your way around lighting/lightmaps in Unity.
  • You are familiar with technical constraints and considerations like batch count, texture sizes, and atlasing.
  • You’re a thought-leader in game environment creation – and you know how to set up the *right* environment art production pipeline based on the needs of the project and the size of the team.
  • You’ve shipped several games on PC (ideally with Unity!), and you’re comfortable creating and setting up an environment “end-to-end” – your job’s done when the environment art looks great at runtime, not in Maya.
  • You’re organized and comfortable determining your tasks and priorities on your own.
  • Nobody else has a good answer? You say “challenge accepted”.
  • You love working with others – ‘cause you’ll be stuck working with us, and we’re a highly-collaborative bunch.
Bonus XP
  • You’re awesome at effects art, too! Particularly within Unity.
  • Prior experience creating art for procedurally generated environments.
  • Prior experience shipping game environments within console performance constraints.
  • Experience with node-based shader editors. (Shader Forge, etc.)

Procedurally generated. Console limitations on a PC game? Hmmm.

Wizfall

Cipher
Not sure how long this has been up: http://harebrained-schemes.com/about/job-openings/

Environment Art Wizard*
Harebrained Schemes seeks an experienced 3D Environment Artist to join our team! We’re a small crew of passionate game-makers, dedicated to crafting fun new experiences across a variety of platforms and genres. Harebrained Schemes is located in Kirkland, WA, and this is a fulltime, on-site position.

Procedurally generated. Console limitations on a PC game? Hmmm.

i was hoping for another shadowrun game using an enhanced version of their engine (not in term of graphics but features, especially a better character system) but it does not really look like that.
Also i have doubt about the 3D thing, SRR was considered 2D or 3D ?

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
i was hoping for another shadowrun game using an enhanced version of their engine (not in term of graphics but features, especially a better character system) but it does not really look like that.
SRR was very simple 3D with fancy 2D on top.

Wizfall

Cipher
SRR was very simple 3D with fancy 2D on top.
It worked perfectly IMO, the fix isometric view was perfect, way better than a rotating camera like in W2.
I hope HBS don't want to go full 3D.

DeepOcean

Arcane
The words procedually generated, Unity, not absolutely realistc, atmospheric perspective and modular design, unless they want to make a Minecraft clone, what wouldn't make sense based on the fan base they built with Shadowrun Returns, this scream 3d isometric game. There is a game exactly like that and is called Satellite Reign, it is on Unity, 3d and uses modular design and it looks awesome. I could very easily see a Shadowrun Returns 2 made that way.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Or an Xcom style game, procedurally generated modulely created levels.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
Aaaand done. Really gud game. That last fight was hella intense.

Gave the whole to APEX. And according to the ending, it repelled Lofwyr attmept to take over Berlin, and by 2066 or so it's still fighting the dragons. So not THAT bad of a decision, I guess.

V_K

Arcane
They might have something like Genesis Shadowrun in mind - manually designed story runs mixed with procedurally-generated generic "everyday" jobs.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
If they're smart they'll use the good will from Dragonfall and the lessons learned and translate that into a new IP they actually control. As much as I want a third campaign, making their own IP makes ten times more sense.

Rake

Arcane
I would love a new IP from them, but the words "procedurally-generated" is an instant "i don't care about it, will not buy" for me. I quess i will wait and see what exactly they are planing.

V_K

Arcane
I dunno about new IP. Half of SRR's charm is its setting and atmosphere, and I doubt they'll be able to make something equally interesting from scratch.

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
There seems to be new uses for the Shadowrunner etiquette, in the Loose ends mission, if you decide to talk with the rigger.

I wish they kept working on shadowrun, but the more attention the ip gets the more likely it is to get raped by microsoft in the future. :cry:
Let's hope some gems come out of the editor like it happened with the aurora toolset.

almondblight

Arcane
They might have something like Genesis Shadowrun in mind - manually designed story runs mixed with procedurally-generated generic "everyday" jobs.

Yeah, I think the Shadowrun Unlimited mod already does that with the current engine, so something a bit more complex hopefully isn't too difficult for them.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I would love a new IP from them, but the words "procedurally-generated" is an instant "i don't care about it, will not buy" for me. I quess i will wait and see what exactly they are planing.

I mostly agree, but it depends on what the goal is. If it's a structured overworld and quest/story system with procedurally-generated dungeons (like, say, Diablo) then I could be okay with that. If it's a pure random roguelike then that's not my style.

dryan

Arcane
Weird thing I just noticed: In the Harfeld Manor run, both Glory and Dietrich had overwatch, but later in the Drug Pit one, neither of them have this ability. Is this a bug?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom