Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut

Starwars

Arcane
I'd definitely back another expansion as well, I really loved Dragonfall.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I will buy another xpac on a heartbeat especially if they manage to add persistence for actors, dialogue and map. It would turn modding from frustrating work fiddling with triggers all the time to become something actually enjoyable, would be a major last achievement for them. Honestly, the editor is simple to use, you can create a map and place NPCs around on 30 mins but the lack of persistence turn life a hell.

I still want to finish my mod where you are a Lone Star cop going up on the ranks and placing shadowrunner criminal scum on jail. I enjoyed alot making the maps and combat scenarios but, oh boy, when I saw the amount of time you need to spend to be sure something doesn't break because of the lack of persistence...

Starwars

Arcane
Yeah, it's such a shame (and mindboggling) that they couldn't make that a thing. It's the one thing that's keeping from jumping into modding the game. I'd love to use the editor otherwise.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
1iXrNk.jpg

oops :troll:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Also, idk if this was posted yet, but I suspect this is who Absinthe (the talismonger's assistant) really is:

http://shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Aina_Sluage

^ Lots of her new dialogue points to this. Along with the alt-ending's newsfeeds talking about a pair of elves, one of them pale-faced... sounds like Harlequin. And wot you know

http://shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Harlequin

Harlequin was formerly a lover of Aina Dupree. They remain on friendly terms, though he aggravates her just like he grates on everyone else. He saved her from an addiction to absinthe in the 19th century. He was the sole person she could rely on, when she warned the leaders of Tir Tairngire and Tír na nÓg of the impending arrival of the Horrors.

how clever :rpgcodex:

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Also, idk if this was posted yet, but I suspect this is who Absinthe (the talismonger's assistant) really is:

http://shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Aina_Sluage

^ Lots of her new dialogue points to this. Along with the alt-ending's newsfeeds talking about a pair of elves, one of them pale-faced... sounds like Harlequin. And wot you know

http://shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Harlequin

Harlequin was formerly a lover of Aina Dupree. They remain on friendly terms, though he aggravates her just like he grates on everyone else. He saved her from an addiction to absinthe in the 19th century. He was the sole person she could rely on, when she warned the leaders of Tir Tairngire and Tír na nÓg of the impending arrival of the Horrors.

how clever :rpgcodex:
I thought she was a Dragon or something. She admitted to not being an Elf when confronted.

SwiftCrack

Arcane
I never had the skillpoints to get past her 'astral plane shield' skillcheck, what is said in there?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I never had the skillpoints to get past her 'astral plane shield' skillcheck, what is said in there?

IIRC there's not much in that one. The background info on her is mostly in the new dialogues added in DC where she goes into detail about the horrors and the fourth world.

Anyway, I finished the game. It was certainly a cool 3rd playthrough, thanks to some of the new stuff. I really liked the new flavour dialogue and emails (especially Luca Duerr's goodbye mail, that dickhead), as well as some of the new missions, especially the abandoned clinic. Some of the new reactivity and endings were neat as well, and THERE ARE FINALLY FUCKING GHOULS PRESENT DURING THE KREUZBAZAR BOMB CRISIS! I didn't notice much other new C&C tho.

Still, that said, they completely, and I really mean completely, dropped the ball with the fucking companion missions. Hey! We have a game that shines mostly when it puts you in big shootouts between two big groups of dudes that can synergise their abilities! LOL LET'S ADD THREE NEW MISSIONS WHERE YOU CONTROL ONLY TWO CHARACTERS! What the fuck? Gloreh's is the least painful of those because you can also recruit Marta - plus, the mission is very well made in general. But Eiger's and Blitz's? Seriously, they SUCK. Blitz's mission was downright infuriating for me, maybe because I went for it pretty early with a rigger who wasn't yet very combat-able, and the guards at that abandoned bank kept shredding through my drones like crazy. Eiger's on the other hand was just boring as hell. Go through some buildings, bribe a dude, enter a warezhouse, kill 5 dudes, leave warezhouse, paralyze dude, run around a bit MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

SwiftCrack

Arcane
Marta definitely made that last segment (and the battles) in Gloria's mission a lot easier.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
You can? Damned be my bloodthirsty playthroughs!

Yeah, not sure what exactly is needed to convince her to join you for the rest of the mission, but I think you need to have intelligence/academic + read Harrow's manifesto. After that you can out-logic her by deconstructing the manifesto and showing it's a crock of shit.

Apart from that there's also saving the forest inspector and checking the TV in the room to get Glory to say how they murdered the original owner to get it + finding out about the HOOMAN SACRIFICES! + tell her you are in to save the kids. I had all four, so idk how many are necessary.

Ivan

Arcane
No, skip it. It's not horrible, mind you, but it's like going from Quake 1 to Quake 2, i.e., SLOW

Duellist_D

Savant
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
You can get it for 12 Burgerdollars in the current humblebundle, thats a fair Price i think.
Its not as good as Dragonfall, but still a neat Little game providing plenty of fun.

Plus, there is a fuckton more UGC in the Workshop for DMS than there is for DF and some of it is well worth playing.

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So, Just beat Dragonfall DC and loved it. Well worth the money.

I haven't played Dead Man's Switch, so is it worth me getting it?

It is almost the same game as Dragonfall DC, but a bit shorter and without fancy new UI. Cool story and characters, nonetheless. Actually, I prefer Dead Man's Switch story - it is more personal, no dragons and retarded politics.

And it has Jake.

Also, this.

rogozhin

Cipher
Blitz's mission was downright infuriating for me, maybe because I went for it pretty early with a rigger who wasn't yet very combat-able, and the guards at that abandoned bank kept shredding through my drones like crazy. Eiger's on the other hand was just boring as hell. Go through some buildings, bribe a dude, enter a warezhouse, kill 5 dudes, leave warezhouse, paralyze dude, run around a bit MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.
I actually liked Blitz' mission, because the parallel matrix + real world stuff felt pretty neat to me, and because the accountant dude reminded me of Brother Mouzone. Mostly for the latter reason, to be honest.

Eiger's was indeed boring and also trying too hard to be grimdark.

The Prosper mission had me laughing out loud. That music :lol:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
the parallel matrix + real world stuff felt pretty neat to me

It did to me initially too, the idea was very shadowrunny. But in the end, it just turned out to be more wasted opportunity once you realised it boiled down to 'REACH LOCKED DOOR IN MEATSPACE -> SWITCH TO MATRIX -> REACH LOCKED DOOR IN THE MATRIX -> SWITCH TO MEATSPACE'.

Disgruntled

Savant
Wow, what a game. Cant believe this flew by my radar. The mixed reviews from SRR made me ignore the whole thing till last couple of weeks.
Hit the nail as far as my cyberpunk interests, and probably the closest thing ive played to my all time favorite Deus Ex, even edges out Human Revolution given how they Squeenix rushed that title.
The writing and c&c were superb, I loved how much detail went in towards informational text. And the decision to avoid filler quests or encounters made the whole experience very tight.

Before this I got the impression Shadowrun was a lighthearted universe with a quirky fantasy twist. But damn, dragonfall managed to incorporate all the elements together so well I wasnt bothered by it.
The story and ending was satisfying for a change. The last 3 otherwise good rpgs I played failed on that front.

I sided with Vauclair, figured APEX was responsible for Monica and I killed it off, not to mention the fact that the group invaded in the first place. I dont know if the wider lore mentions the Dragons being responsible for keeping magic in balance, If I knew that beforehand I would have obviously tried to stop the guy or maybe even alter his plans so that 1 dragon was kept as a failsafe. Otherwise fuck em, was right to go all the way to see his ambitious plan through.
Bring on the next campaign to fight off the Eldritch horrors and find a new solution for the background magic

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Thinking of replaying the game, any suggestions for seeing alternative content?

Only played as a Elf with maxed out Quickness, Ranged Combat, and Dodge the first time on dragonfall.

Ivan

Arcane
you HAVE to play as a Shaman at least once. a lot of cool XCLUSIVE dialogue

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom