Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut

SarcasticUndertones

Prospernaut
Companions subpar, really? Given every other fucking game lately and these companions are subpar?

They're certainly the best to come out of any KS, and the best in any other game for a long time.. maybe there's not enough dicksucking between them for you, I dunno. Are you one of these rampant 'shippers? because in that case, no, they wouldn't appeal.

MRSA

Scholar
Companions subpar, really? Given every other fucking game lately and these companions are subpar?

They're certainly the best to come out of any KS, and the best in any other game for a long time.. maybe there's not enough dicksucking between them for you, I dunno. Are you one of these rampant 'shippers? because in that case, no, they wouldn't appeal.

they are at best mediocre at their prescripted jobs (decker, support, melee, long range), I don't give a fuck about their sob stories, unlike you I don't wanna romance Eiger

pippin

The companions were ok, mostly because you go to hear their stories because you wanted to; they weren't interrupting anything with their personal shit.
But at least you gave props to the combat. In the original version I felt I could win without any effort (I only looked closer in some part where you were supposed to do things in some kind of order, like that dragon virus thing), but you feel the difference right away in DC.

SarcasticUndertones

Prospernaut

they are at best mediocre at their prescripted jobs (decker, support, melee, long range), I don't give a fuck about their sob stories, unlike you I don't wanna romance Eiger

She's better than your chick, mate.

But being more serious, I propose support for them, because 'I want romance Eiger' even though you don't get to romance any of them? That doesn't make any sense. If that had been the case then surely I wouldn't have would have liked them, for that very reason?

Sorry, I don't get my jollies from digital dick dipping.

MRSA

Scholar

She's better than your chick, mate.

But being more serious, I propose support for them, because 'I want romance Eiger' even though you don't get to romance any of them? That doesn't make any sense. If that had been the case then surely I wouldn't have would have liked them, for that very reason?

Sorry, I don't get my jollies from digital dick dipping.

'K, maybe I haven't made myself clear. Companions in this game are subpar in their PRESCRIPTED JOBS. I don't care about interacting with them, learning their stories or loving them. I'm talking about their combat/Matrix abilities. If <CHARNAME> ends up being THE damage dealer 'cause lovely Glory misses all the time and voluptuous Eiger can't hit the side of a barn with either a sniper rifle or shotgun, Dietrich can't hit a mook next to him and Blitz can't bother to get some useful programs for his deck, they are dead weight and I'd better solo the runs. (Of course I may be doing everything wrong and think they're mostly useless while they are super shadowrunners and I'm a loser).
No hard feelings mate, I likes the game anyway.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Eiger is amazing with that sniper, you were probably too close. She literally needs to be at the total other side of the map.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So I finished the game just now.

Can't say that it was a happy ending, dooming the world. But it was an amazingly fresh experience. If there was an ending where you kill all the dragons and it doesn't end the world, I'd take it.

It was also funny that I took exactly the two team members with me I had no issue with killing. Eiger and the red haired decker. That floating robot drone was a mean son of a bitch though. Tough fight.

Last edited:

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
How do you do this? :)
Just finished DMS while playing it on Dragonfall Director's cut.
I just had to paste the dead_man_switch folder into the ...\Shadowrun Dragonfall\Dragonfall_Data\StreamingAssets\ContentPacks directory.
Only had an issue in the first fight where two enemies were invisible, but you could still target them easily. Other than it went smooth.
Enjoy :D

Lhynn

Arcane
They are extremely good, just not minmaxed, unlike the main character. They stories are pretty good too, well written and work to show how things are in this universe.

dryan

Arcane
They are extremely good, just not minmaxed, unlike the main character. They stories are pretty good too, well written and work to show how things are in this universe.
Eiger and Glory: extremely good indeed. The former with the sniper, the latter with the claws.
Dietrich: not extremely good, but OK.
Blitz: he's garbage.

Gord

Arcane
Blitz is nothing special indeed. At least he got boosted a little bit in the DC: his confusion ability can be useful and his drone has a tazer now.
Although he could still use some more love. At least give the player the possibility to upgrade his still somewhat sucky drone a bit in the later missions.
As a decker he's strong enough for most of what the game throws at you, but player-deckers are more interesting due to the poor selection of abilities the NPC deckers have in the matrix.
As a character he does what he's supposed to: he's a somewhat annyoing, self-centered and overconfident douche.

Last edited:

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer

Depends on the difficulty. On the highest one (which, I suppose, lots of people here played) Glory is utter crap because of her laughable hitting chance, Blitz doesn't do much (but he's still ok in the cyberspace and, well, he's a decker), Eiger is very mediocre & Ditrich is probably the best of the bunch as his buffs & summons & electric core are not as penalized by said difficulty as everything else. Hired companions are also nothing special. Maybe Lucky Strike, but in the hardest difficulty you don't live long outside of cover and, well, her melee skills (she's better with that than with the assault rifle) really push her towards charging the enemies. So they are definitely not optimized for the very hard difficulty and everything else is not that challenging, tbh. Not that it matters much because Dragonfall is more of a story-based game anyways.

Lhynn

Arcane
Blitz is not poorly written, hes just plain annoying. Hes a poor insecure asshole that needs to tell himself he has some value.

As for their stats, they are very good shadowrunners, Its just that very good shadowrunners are not enough on the highest difficulty setting, you need the best, ergo the main character.

Last edited:

Rpgsaurus Rex

Has the DC difficulty been ramped up all that much? I don't remember having much difficulty with a subpar MC (melee + shamanism lol), Blitz, razorgirl and the German dude (played on 'very hard' until the last battle where I switched it down a notch because allying with Shodan made Blitz altogether useless and I got a bit frustrated & didn't want to restart and just finish the game).

The reason being, of course, the poor exploitable enemy AI in the original. Has DC improved on that?

dryan

Arcane
Has the DC difficulty been ramped up all that much? I don't remember having much difficulty with a subpar MC (melee + shamanism lol), Blitz, razorgirl and the German dude (played on 'very hard' until the last battle where I switched it down a notch because allying with Shodan made Blitz altogether useless and I got a bit frustrated & didn't want to restart and just finish the game).

The reason being, of course, the poor exploitable enemy AI in the original. Has DC improved on that?
I didn't notice and AI changes, but I didn't keep up with changelogs. As far as I can tell, the added difficulty comes from flanking rules and (I think) lower hit chances.

Zetor

Arcane
There's a new AI scripting system in DC that uses a lot more tricks than the original (mainly tries to stay in cover and flank your dudes as much as possible). It's not super-challenging, but enemies are definitely harder to kill.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I played on hard but not the hardest mode and found it pretty easy still, but not boring. Good to know the hardest mode is challenging.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Beta Release Notes 2.0.7

Beta Instructions
We have begun public beta testing for the next update. This is COMPLETELY OPTIONAL, but if you'd like to try out the latest and greatest before it's available to the rest of the world, here's how you can participate:
  • Go to Steam Library
  • Right click on Shadowrun Dragonfall - Directors Cut
  • Select Properties
  • Select Betas
  • Then a drop down says: "Select the beta you would like to opt into"
  • Choose: Public Beta
You should see some 'updating' traffic as Steam fetches new files for Shadowrun Dragonfall - Directors Cut.
If you ever want to opt out of the Public Beta and return to the normal public build that everyone else has, you can repeat the process above and choose NONE from the drop down list.

New Features, Improvements
  • Trigger: Added new environmental effect, fog to editor.
  • Trigger: Added new trigger: Move prop with speed.
  • UI: Added hover description to overwatch button.
  • UI: Item pickup popup will not trigger for that fail equip requirements.
  • Secrets: Several new “modes” have been added.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
They're really doing a bang up job with post release support. I'm honestly blown away.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Yep, and get this:

2.0.7 beta patch notes said:
  • AI: Resolved issue that prevented boss AI from attacking multiple times.

Are we inching our way to an AI that supports multiple attacks per mob per turn?

Gord

Arcane
AFAIK boss AI always had the possibility, so I wonder if a mod could simply give all enemies the boss AI package?
Putting something like that into the campaigns would probably mean a major rebalancing effort, although I guess it would be worth it.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I fooled around with the editor when the first campaign came out and you could definitely place "boss AI" wherever. I imagine someone could easily go through and change every enemy to a boss, though I doubt it would feel balanced at all.

agris

Arcane
Patron
I fooled around with the editor when the first campaign came out and you could definitely place "boss AI" wherever. I imagine someone could easily go through and change every enemy to a boss, though I doubt it would feel balanced at all.
Since you were balls-deep in the editor, did most of the enemies have 3+ AP?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom