Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut

Tigranes

Arcane
Blitz is shit, I played a bit as a decker and it's easy to be good enough a decker for all checks & Matrix and also be good at actual combat. I do suspect Very Hard's low THC messes with the balance a bit, though, as it makes ESPs, Rigs and summons unable to hit anybody with anything.

Like DMS (and, funnily enough, WL2), AR seems to be the quick, dirty, easy way to have a very compettent fighter.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://steamcommunity.com/games/300550/announcements/detail/234519825272005103

Release Notes 2.0.8
23 JANUARY - HAREBRAINED SCHEMES
While we are hard at work making Shadowrun: Hong Kong, we wanted to get out a patch that addressed some quick fixes as well as one of our more serious issues. If you are encountering any campaign issues in Dragonfall, please update to build 2.0.8 immediately. (To update, restart Steam and then allow Shadowrun Returns to fully verify and download the new build.)

If you are experiencing a campaign-related issue, you may also need to restart your current scene (select "Restart Level" from the PDA) or rewind (select "Rewind" from the PDA save screen, then select a previous level) to before you encountered the issue in order to resolve the issue.

TROUBLESHOOTING & REPORTING BUGS:
If you are experiencing technical issues with Shadowrun Dragonfall - Directors Cut, please see this post: http://steamcommunity.com/app/300550/discussions/0/613936673325233747/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bug Fixes: Dragonfall Campaign
  • Resolved edge case issue that caused a play blocker in Trial Run mission.
  • Various other small bug fixes.
  • Various typos fixed.

agris

Arcane
Patron
If anyone is starting a new game and doing the Humanis run, or at the very end of the entire game, could you please check to see if they fixed the 'looting containers with multiple items' bug? Some of the containers with multiple items are scripted so that if you don't take all the items the first time, you lose the ability to interact with the container again, and therefore lose all the remaining items. The crate in the Humanis armory had this bug, as did that big crate just before you enter the medic area at the very end of the game.

Starwars

Arcane
Just talked down Vauclair. Gotta say that was very satisfying even though it's also quite disappointing that the Ork just takes over as the "bad guy". Still, the conversation was quite nice!

Unwanted

DollarSign

Unwanted
Quick question: should I start with Dragonfall or Dead Man's Switch? I've never played anything Shadowrun-related.

Unwanted

DollarSign

Unwanted
Quick question: should I start with Dragonfall or Dead Man's Switch? I've never played anything Shadowrun-related.

Doesn't matter as their stories are unrelated. DMS is the original and somewhat underwhelming one. Dragonfall is much, much better.
Should I bother with the original Shadowrun Returns at all, then? I'm not an avid fan of turn-based rpgs (and the setting seems pretty silly to me), but I'll play one if it's really good, so is it worth buying on its own?

DeepOcean

Arcane
Depends... want to start with the underwelming, storyfag, on rails experience of DMS and then play the much better version and actually solid game that is DragonFall? The advantage is that you are going to start with the weak version and then play the better version later so you won't feel the limitations of DMS that bad as you would feel after playing DragonFall. If storyfagness with weak gameplay isn't your thing, you can jump straight to Dragonfall as both stories aren't related.

DMS is a mostly storyfag game, you are a fan of shadowrun, pay some bucks and play it if you aren't just jump to Dragonfall.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I'd just skip DMS honestly. Left a bad taste in my mouth, wish I hadn't tried it. And I'm a minor fan of the setting.

naossano

Cipher
DMS is pretty good IMO.
But, even if the stories aren't much related, i suggest you to play both campaigns in a row.
Storywise, i think that the first half of DMS and the second half of DF are the best, but gameplay-wise, it keeps improving from DMs 1st mission to DF last mission.

DeepOcean

Arcane
DMS is a mostly storyfag game, you are a fan of shadowrun, pay some bucks and play it if you aren't just jump to Dragonfall.
But is it a GOOD story? :bounce: Coz I'd love that.
First half is really good, second half not so much but overall is a solid story if you want to have that cyberpunk noir feeling. Just keep your expectations low as I'm not talking Planescape Torment here. The story has a pacing issue as things ramp up a little bit too quick for my taste but if you want to have that shadowrun feeling and is willing to deal with the not so great gameplay, it is worthy the few buck you gonna pay for it by now.

Ironmonk

Augur
if you want to understand the hype for SR Hong Kong, then you should play DMS first, then DF after... to see the level of improvement between them and understand that if HBS keeps improving their games at this pace, we are going to have many codex quality RPGs in the years to come.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Dragonfall is better than DMS in every respect.

Which means it's harder to enjoy DMS if you play Dragonfall first.

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
But is it a GOOD story? :bounce: Coz I'd love that.

It is a nice, linear (no big C&C), cyberpunk noir detective story. Most of the time writing is superb, but I'm no. 1 HBS fanboy here. It also makes you appreciate all the good changes Dragonfall has.

I suggest plaing it first, if you can't do it - drop it and go Dragonfall. Going Dragonfall -> DMS is pretty impossible.

Anyone here played Shadowrun Unlimited lately? Is the main story finishable yet? And is it (story) any good?

Did they finally fix the NPC turns out of combat blocking the game? I might give it a try then.. but I guess you'll be first. Note Unlimited takes an approach to matrix much closer to PnP, also does a few new mechanics and reworks making it a 180 turn to what SRR/DF presents. Worth trying, at least, to see what can be done with the editor.

SarcasticUndertones

Prospernaut
Anyone here played Shadowrun Unlimited lately? Is the main story finishable yet? And is it (story) any good?

Did they finally fix the NPC turns out of combat blocking the game? I might give it a try then.. but I guess you'll be first. Note Unlimited takes an approach to matrix much closer to PnP, also does a few new mechanics and reworks making it a 180 turn to what SRR/DF presents. Worth trying, at least, to see what can be done with the editor.

It hasn't been touched in ages and s/he hasn't posted in just as long, I don't think it's being updated anymore, which is a pity, I installed it an immediately hit gamebreakers.. looked so good too. :(

I played the one that jordan and mitch twitched, that was fucking excellent but there is a dearth of modules that are even worth downloading.

V_K

Arcane

It hasn't been touched in ages and s/he hasn't posted in just as long, I don't think it's being updated anymore, which is a pity, I installed it an immediately hit gamebreakers.. looked so good too. :(

I played the one that jordan and mitch twitched, that was fucking excellent but there is a dearth of modules that are even worth downloading.
Um, from what I understand it's been constantly updated but versions after 1.201 are only available on steam workshop.

SarcasticUndertones

Prospernaut
Um, from what I understand it's been constantly updated but versions after 1.201 are only available on steam workshop.

Hmm.. Would you check your info. Even in Nexus it says he's stopped updates evrywhere except for on his own shadowrunreturnsunlimited.com site and it's not even being updated there.

V_K

Arcane
Unwanted

DollarSign

Unwanted
Fuckit, I'll just keep going with Dragonfall. If DMS has a good story, I'll play it regardless of shit gameplay. They patched in saving at any time, right?

Still shudder every time I look at my character's model. Was it really so hard to give more than one face option?

SarcasticUndertones

Prospernaut

Hmm.. Would you check your info. Even in Nexus it says he's stopped updates evrywhere except for on his own shadowrunreturnsunlimited.com site and it's not even being updated there.
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/317704781/619574421587760430/

Fair enough. I was getting my info from Nexus.

Visit ShadowrunUnlimited.com for the latest version. I will still be using the Nexus, but uploading here can be difficult.

and nexus hasn't been updated since...

I'd misremembered this
I will still be using the Nexus, but uploading here can be difficult.

naossano

Cipher
Don't worry about DMS.
The only problems in DMS are linearity (next to no choice) a rushed second part (with interesting battles), and being shorter than DF.
The writting, the characters, the combats, the aesthetic, the music are still great. (i would even say that i prefer DMS aesthetic & music)

Ninjerk

Arcane
Fuckit, I'll just keep going with Dragonfall. If DMS has a good story, I'll play it regardless of shit gameplay. They patched in saving at any time, right?

Still shudder every time I look at my character's model. Was it really so hard to give more than one face option?
Just don't play past the cemetery. Literally no redeeming value after that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom