Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ah, I offed him, so I wouldn't know.

Saber-Scorpion

Learned
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Did anyone ever get the dwarf's special tazer he promised?
Yes, I believe this is it:
5xxIhOV.jpg

I actually killed the dwarf and still got the taser. When you're confronted by your employers who insist you kill him, and he offers the taser if you help him out, agree to help him. Then once you've killed your employers, the dwarf runs into the room with the big torture machine to get his gear. You're offered the option to activate the torture machine while he's inside. It splatters him all over the walls, at which point you can move in and collect your reward. :D

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

A Shadowlab is a Let's Play with a twist! For this Shadowlab, Jordan and Mitch play the winning submission of the Shadowrun Editor Community Contest and offer constructive feedback on what they would do to improve the story, design and fun level much like they would for one of our designers to help the GM iterate and improve on their work.

circ

Arcane
Did anyone ever get the dwarf's special tazer he promised?
Yes, I believe this is it:
5xxIhOV.jpg

I actually killed the dwarf and still got the taser. When you're confronted by your employers who insist you kill him, and he offers the taser if you help him out, agree to help him. Then once you've killed your employers, the dwarf runs into the room with the big torture machine to get his gear. You're offered the option to activate the torture machine while he's inside. It splatters him all over the walls, at which point you can move in and collect your reward. :D
Yeah. That was the last mission I still thought the game had something salvageable. And then nothing.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

In this Let's Play Jordan and Mitch have a blast playing the winning submission of the Short Stories category in the Shadowrun Editor Community Contest.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
I'm playing through DF again, this time with a melee/chi caster. Melee combat seems kinda broken. Either that or I fucked myself with dumping points into Chi, as opposed to loading up on cyberware and pumping body/strength/quickness/melee. At any rate, combat is significantly more difficult this time around. There seems to be no overt benefits to playing a melee character.

Tigranes

Arcane
Waiting for mobile version at which point I *may* try DF, just doesn't seem worth my undivided attention when I could do so many other things on a desktop.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I'm playing through DF again, this time with a melee/chi caster. Melee combat seems kinda broken. Either that or I fucked myself with dumping points into Chi, as opposed to loading up on cyberware and pumping body/strength/quickness/melee. At any rate, combat is significantly more difficult this time around. There seems to be no overt benefits to playing a melee character.
Which is pretty realistic when you think about it :)

Backstabber

Educated
Unarmed does seem pretty underpowered, but Melee Weapons are actually pretty good since you have a high chance of stunning enemies with critical hits.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Don't bring a knife to a gunfight next time!
On a more serious note, I remember physical adept to be pretty meh in the tabletop RPG too compared to mages and street samurais(2nd edition).

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Actually, now that I have progressed with the character he is pretty good. I stopped dumping points into Chi Casting, and decided to defile my body with filthy, filthy cybernetics. If I can close with an enemy, I can usually kill them in one or two hits. This is on Hard difficulty or whatever the hell it is called.

It is tough going in the beginning, but if you can break through the plateau you end up doing alright. I'm back at the Harfeld Manor right now (the end run) and so far, I am breezing through it.

Starwars

Arcane
Soo, thinking of starting up another character and wanted to try something different. Would it be viable to do Decking coupled with Mage/Summoning? Anyone tried it? Was thinking of going Summoning first since CHA unlocks etiquettes but might be too much of a pain in the combat scenarios maybe? Not sure.

Gord

Arcane
Decking and summoning might be redundant, esp since you will end up starved for ap, I guess. Also you might have to watch out for your essence a bit

Edit: forget the ap Part, I was thinking of a rigger...

Last edited:

opium fiend

Augur
Well, a decker needs only one piece of cyberware, does -1 to essence really gimp a shaman that much? I'm also thinking of trying a sort of technomage for my next playthrough but I can't figure out which kind exactly.

Codexers, lend us your declines. This thread will be for purely reviewing the game Shadowrun: Dragonfall, released on Thursday the twenty seventh of February, 14 years into this bold new milennium.

Behold!
dragonfallWallPreview.png

Story: 8
Characters: 6.5
Combat System: 7
Role-playing Depth: 5
Choices & Consequences: 4
Balance: Can't tell
Music: Was listening to NewRetroWave
Open-world gaming: No
Non-linear quest lines: No
Mulitple Party Member Character Generation: No

Overall: 6.5 - Good for killing time, bad for loving time. The story could have been so much deeper with such a great environment, but the storytelling itself was admirable and very well-done.

Gord

Arcane
Well, a decker needs only one piece of cyberware, does -1 to essence really gimp a shaman that much? I'm also thinking of trying a sort of technomage for my next playthrough but I can't figure out which kind exactly.

True, if you don't get other cyberware (and there's probably not much reason for it) you should be fine.
Biggest problem will likely be your point about losing summons when decking. It happens for decker/rigger hybrids, so I guess it would be similar for summoners.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm 90% sure you'll lose your summons while decking.

Playing a decker as the MC is kind of boring too.

almondblight

Arcane
They're coming out with another expansion soon:

Writer (Contract)
Harebrained Schemes seeks a freelance game writer to work onsite in their Kirkland, WA studio contributing to the next HBS title. This writer will be responsible for conceiving of and executing upon well-written, engaging game dialog using Harebrained Schemes’ proprietary editor while collaborating with the Creative Director, Lead Writer and design team.

This freelance contract will begin immediately and run through the end of December, 2014 with the potential for work in the future. Candidates must deliver a short audition piece using the Shadowrun Editor to be considered for this position.

REQUIREMENTS

• 1-3 years professional writing experience in the game industry.
  • At least one shipped digital game title.
  • Outstanding talent for crafting dialog. Character conversations flow naturally with good diction and grammar.
  • Deep understanding of RPG dialog design – dialog trees, variables, best practices.
  • Technically proficient – able to quickly master in-house tools for creation of RPG conversations.
  • Attention to detail – high accuracy with grammar, spelling and punctuation is critical.
  • Able to match the style and tone of our previous Shadowrun campaign writing.
  • Strong creative collaboration and communication skills – game writing takes iteration.
  • High-energy, self-motivated, and flexible.
BONUSES

• Experience with the Shadowrun Returns Editor or with the Aurora Game Editor.
  • Working knowledge of the Shadowrun game setting a big plus.
  • Prior experience writing in the style and tone of the Shadowrun world.
  • Has played Shadowrun Returns or Shadowrun: Dragonfall.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
They're coming out with another expansion soon:

Writer (Contract)
Harebrained Schemes seeks a freelance game writer to work onsite in their Kirkland, WA studio contributing to the next HBS title. This writer will be responsible for conceiving of and executing upon well-written, engaging game dialog using Harebrained Schemes’ proprietary editor while collaborating with the Creative Director, Lead Writer and design team.

This freelance contract will begin immediately and run through the end of December, 2014 with the potential for work in the future. Candidates must deliver a short audition piece using the Shadowrun Editor to be considered for this position.

REQUIREMENTS

• 1-3 years professional writing experience in the game industry.
  • At least one shipped digital game title.
  • Outstanding talent for crafting dialog. Character conversations flow naturally with good diction and grammar.
  • Deep understanding of RPG dialog design – dialog trees, variables, best practices.
  • Technically proficient – able to quickly master in-house tools for creation of RPG conversations.
  • Attention to detail – high accuracy with grammar, spelling and punctuation is critical.
  • Able to match the style and tone of our previous Shadowrun campaign writing.
  • Strong creative collaboration and communication skills – game writing takes iteration.
  • High-energy, self-motivated, and flexible.
BONUSES

• Experience with the Shadowrun Returns Editor or with the Aurora Game Editor.
  • Working knowledge of the Shadowrun game setting a big plus.
  • Prior experience writing in the style and tone of the Shadowrun world.
  • Has played Shadowrun Returns or Shadowrun: Dragonfall.
well, thats awesome!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom