Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun: Hong Kong - Extended Edition

HotSnack

Cipher
Are there any benefits to having the previous games installed (Like expanded skills/editor)? I bought the first 2 on steam and would prefer to buy this on GoG when its on sale there, but will go steam if it makes things less messy.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You are aware this has nothing to do with the engine, right?
That's more or less scripting (even if it may not be accessible from the editor).
At least I would assume things like NPCs acting only once per round is not hard coded into the core of the engine ;)

Gord

Arcane
It depends all on their AI package. E.g. Boss-AI can attack more than once, afaik.
Might be possible to mod the game in a way that all enemies use boss-ai to determine number of attacks and such.

Zetor

Arcane
Yeah, that change is really easy to do (I made some posts about it earlier, all you need to do is change a number inside the script), and it does make enemies a bit harder in the mid-late game. Problem is that the AI script itself prioritizes trying to flank over attacking, so even if they got a clean shot at a party member they may waste 1-2 AP just moving around... so it won't do much when enemies only have 2 AP to begin with.

almondblight

Arcane
Yeah, that change is really easy to do (I made some posts about it earlier, all you need to do is change a number inside the script), and it does make enemies a bit harder in the mid-late game. Problem is that the AI script itself prioritizes trying to flank over attacking, so even if they got a clean shot at a party member they may waste 1-2 AP just moving around... so it won't do much when enemies only have 2 AP to begin with.

Angthoron This is what I was talking about.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hey, an update: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/webeharebrained/shadowrun-hong-kong/posts/1450186
Happy Holidays from the Shadowrun Team and HBS!

The Shadowrun team has enjoyed exploring more of the people and places in Hong Kong as they’ve worked on the mini-campaign over the last couple of months. We’re looking forward to sharing it with you in the new year after a healthy dose of iteration, bug fixing, and a final coat of polish.

Part of that exploration included some new concept art. This is one of the pieces that Tristin created as part of a series of pre-production sketches. The sketches let the team flesh out ideas for various environments you'll explore as you play through the Shadowrun: Hong Kong mini-campaign. In this case, Tristan wanted to show the design team the juxtaposition of a heavy military warehouse in the middle of a busy harbor town. Plus, he said it was just fun to paint!

d886cc03267b9f52019b7a977e5e9d0c_original.jpg

Shadowrun: Hong Kong TaiPo Concept Piece

Audio Commentary Update
What do you get when you put 11 Shadowrun: Hong Kong dev team members in a mic’d up room, tell them to talk about the game, and press the “record” button? Some great stories, unexpected insights, and a true behind-the-scenes look at indie game development in the trenches. We’re excited to get the many hours of recording edited down to digestible highlight chunks for you to enjoy in our upcoming audio commentary update. That update will be available around the time of the mini-campaign's release. Then you can play through the original campaign again, listen to the commentary embedded in various scenes, and have a fresh save game to transfer to the mini-campaign.

Happy Holidays - A New Desktop Image for Everyone!
We asked Dave Nash (our primary portrait artist for Shadowrun Returns and Shadowrun: Dragonfall) to paint us a classic Shadowrun scene for the Digital Poster Panorama Kickstarter reward. We think the illustration is awesome so we wanted to share it with everyone as a desktop wallpaper too! It's a diptych so you'll find both halves of the image separately and the whole image in different sizes in your BackerKit account.

ab0d7fd3eecaee81bc5d0d2509c5ac7d_original.jpg

And Delivery of the Digital Map and Panorama Poster Rewards!
We’re also pleased to deliver the Digital Map of Shadowrun's Hong Kong in poster resolution for all Street Cred Backers ($25 and up) and the Diptych Panorama Poster with the Shadowrun Timeline and Glossary for our Sprawl Ganger Backers ($35 and up). Again, you’ll find links to the files in your BackerKit account.

You’re welcome to take these files and have them printed. Depending on where you do that, you may be asked for a letter that gives you permission to do so. You’ll also find that in the Dropbox. Just print it out and bring it with you.

Final touches are being made on the Hong Kong Sourcebook, eNovel and Annotated version of the Into the Shadows Anthology and we’ll be delivering them towards the end of January.

Physical Rewards Update
Just about all messenger bags and figure sets have been shipped at this time. If you haven't received yours yet, please check your BackerKit account to make sure you gave us your shipping address and the correct shipping fees were paid. You can use this link to recover your account: https://shadowrun-hong-kong.backerkit.com

If you have a balance on your account, use our Paypal address (paypal@hbs-studios.com) to send us the outstanding amount. Then, send us a copy of the Paypal confirmation using our Contact form. http://harebrained-schemes.com/about/contact/. This will allow us to expedite the process of sending your rewards.

If your shipping address and fees are in order, please use our Contact form athttp://harebrained-schemes.com/about/contact/ so we can help you track down your package.

Happy New Year! The team has worked hard all year long so we’ll be closing the studio to give the team a well-earned rest between Christmas and won’t be back until January 4th. We wish you Happy Holidays and a very Happy 2016!

da295dc00822311de78f95475511d583_original.jpg

Deleted member 7219

If there is still a Shadowrun team then I hope this means more from them in the future.

I thought Hong Kong was great. Fuck the idiots here who say it was shit. They don't know what they are talking about.

Rake

Arcane
If there is still a Shadowrun team then I hope this means more from them in the future.

I thought Hong Kong was great. Fuck the idiots here who say it was shit. They don't know what they are talking about.
It was worse than Dragonfall DC. That's it. If someone says it was outright rubbish, he is an idiot

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Finished the damn thing today, after loading it up like 4 days back. And damn this game is short. Did a few runs and all of a sudden let's get the old man back. And are the difficulty settings bugged, cause on hard I had to sweat it with at the most 2 runs.

The companions were pretty competent in a fight though, except Gaichu, though that's mostly because he kept missing attacks. And goddamn Racter. :salute:

I hope the next one is a longer campaign.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Finished the damn thing today, after loading it up like 4 days back. And damn this game is short. Did a few runs and all of a sudden let's get the old man back. And are the difficulty settings bugged, cause on hard I had to sweat it with at the most 2 runs.

The companions were pretty competent in a fight though, except Gaichu, though that's mostly because he kept missing attacks. And goddamn Racter. :salute:

the next campaign will be 4-5 hours long.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

the next campaign will be 4-5 hours long.
:notsureifserious: Not talking about the epilogue-run that we're supposed to get though.

Also are pure melee guys with zero cyber and no adeptus skills this viable in the PnP also?

Stompa

Arcane
Also are pure melee guys with zero cyber and no adeptus skills this viable in the PnP also?

Maybe if you go hardcore with drug use, munching a dose every combat. Would depend entirely on surviving the post-combat crash. Cyber and adepts' shit are just more reliable.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected

Maybe if you go hardcore with drug use, munching a dose every combat. Would depend entirely on surviving the post-combat crash. Cyber and adepts' shit are just more reliable.
Also you can suck your mage's dick for him to permabuff with increased reflexes +3, which makes this a little more viable since it doesnt stack with adept's improved reflexes and any cyberware stuff.

Zetor

Arcane
Can't you just have the party mage cast Increase Reflexes on you each battle? edit: goddammit, ninja'd

But yea, playing a 1IP character is terrible. I've done it with a medic/scientist character, and it wasn't very fun watching everyone do 2-3 (or more) things after I took my ONE shot.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Its not like Dragonfall was some masterpiece.
It had top notch writing, imo, which Hong Kong lacks at some points.
I have to mention it again, just because the opportunity arises again: I really liked SRRs story way better than Dragonfalls!
The whole detective-conspiracy-noir thing totally worked for me, while Dragonfall was not totally fucked up, but still pretty surprise-free imho.

Last edited:

Archibald

Arcane
My only real problem was transition from detective plot into bugs-cult plot. I felt it was a bit "wait, what?" moment and not in a good way. Would have been perfectly content if detective-plot was expanded and we wouldn't have gotten bugs at all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom