Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun: Hong Kong - Extended Edition

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wait so I'm gonna hafta download the whole thing all over again from Gog??

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Goddammit, I already have too many games to play. Even worse because I specifically held off from Hong Kong waiting for the mini-campaign to come out.

I'm a weak weak human being. :|

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The question is if this fixes any of the problems Hong Kong has that made it so much more of a drag than the previous two. My money's on no.

V_K

Arcane
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck, it seems I deleted my HK saves when I was clearing the hard drive. :negative:
And I'm soooooo not in the mood of going through the main campaign again. Could someone be a gent and please share their final save with me? I need an elven mage or shaman, preferably female (for consistency reasons). I have GOG version in case that matters.

Tigranes

Arcane
How many times are you people going to play basically the same decent-but-simple game remade 4? times

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
From the GoG page:

New in Shadowrun: Hong Kong, thanks to our generous Kickstarter Backers:
6+ hour bonus campaign - Shadows of Hong Kong.
100+ minutes of developer commentary audio!
Revamped Matrix art and gameplay!
Illustrated transition animatics that play at key moments in the story.
Enhanced sound, and dynamic combat music that ebbs and flows.
Rebuilt Inventory UI and easier management of items in-mission.
All-new Cyberware skill-tree and new Cyberweapons that can be installed to your character’s arms.
The ability to enter turn-based combat mode as soon as an enemy is in view.
Powerful new Foci objects for spellcasters

https://af.gog.com/game/shadowrun_hong_kong_extended_edition?as=1649904300

I'd love to try it out, especially the new Matrix stuff (not that it did get much better the last time they reworked it). Unfortunately I still get a black screen on startup.

Last edited by a moderator:

V_K

Arcane
I'd love to try it out, especially the new Matrix stuff (not that it did get much better the last time they reworked it). Unfortunately I still get a black screen on startup.
I think only points 1 and 2 are new additions, all the features from 3 onward are from original HK.

Gord

Arcane
Anyone else having problems with the mini-campaign reading events from your save imports incorrectly?

waVHspj.png
Just did a quick check, but it looked right for me

agris

Arcane
Patron
REMEMBER: You can enable multiple AP attacking from most enemies!

from http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...campaign-released.102256/page-43#post-4099507
For a quick-fix, just change the MAX_ATTACKS and DEFAULT_LOOPS values in each non-IC script to 2 (unless DEFAULT_LOOPS is higher than that already). I tried it out and stuff got actually somewhat challenging: enemies could throw a grenade and fire or just straight-up fire twice per turn, etc. Should probably replay the game and see how it shakes out, but :effort:

Well, you can mod the main campaign, but it's probably easier/faster to just edit the files directly. They're text files in gamedir\SRHK_Data\StreamingAssets\ContentPacks\HongKong\data\ai\gumbo_*.gumbo.bytes
I just modified the human non-caster AIs (gumbo_adept, gumbo_meleesoldier, gumbo_sniper, gumbo_soldier, gumbo_suicideattacker), since mages can already cast a buff and an attack spell in the same turn -- I have a hunch that just increasing their attack# allowance would be wasted without rewriting part of their attack logic as well.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Anyone else having problems with the mini-campaign reading events from your save imports incorrectly?
I also just checked and for me the Gobbet choice was fine, but I think I let Gaichu turn the dude into a ghoul and got the same thing as you did.

Also, I'm surprised there's nothing about the faceless guy in that choice list. I guess that choice really meant absolutely nothing at all. Or maybe they're saving it as a surprise.

Duellist_D

Savant
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
And finished it.

Nice ride, though the list really didn't mean anything.

/edit:
Around 10 hours seems to be what you can expect.

Really neat, for a free addon.

There are a few new weapons, including the Ares HVAR, which is a real beast, plus the Panther Assault Cannon, which is also neat.
The Gyrojet Pistol seemed a bit buggy, in theory really nice (18 DM), but i never hit something with it.
Besides that, pretty bug-free. Occasional crash-on-loads but these always fixed themselves when exiting and restarting the game.

Last edited:

orcinator

Liturgist
Did the final boss again because the save for the aftermath got overwritten. The thing managed to down ork dude since it actually attacked more than once... for the first part of the battle, after the minions died it just used a single ranged attack which I could get the damage value of since it missed both times. Also isobel lost her grenade launcher for some reason, though it was a balance thing but she got it back in the bonus campaign.

They also haven't fixed horizon being a thing in the 2050's and my team still doesn't acknowledge the fact I have dirt on Tsang.

The combat looks like it'll still be incredibly easy, maybe I will try to edit their AP use, too bad that won't fix the instances where the AI just skips its entire turn like I just saw it do in the optional cop fight.

Last edited:

Gruncheon

Savant
Magnet Arm is still as shit as ever. Why would I use an expensive, consumable grenade if the enemy has a 100% chance of hoovering up that grenade from a huge distance and at no cost and can then just wing it back at me? And because there's no way to identify if an enemy has the magnet arm - and the cost to you if they do is so high - you may as well just not use grenades at all.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Magnet Arm is still as shit as ever. Why would I use an expensive, consumable grenade if the enemy has a 100% chance of hoovering up that grenade from a huge distance and at no cost and can then just wing it back at me? And because there's no way to identify if an enemy has the magnet arm - and the cost to you if they do is so high - you may as well just not use grenades at all.

Well.... the same could be said with the AI. They have no way to know if you have magnetic arm.
Isn't it safe to assume that some corporate/security big guns would sort of trick up to their sleeve? And really, I have yet to play the 5 hours epilogue but I can't remember meeting anybody with magnetic arm expect once or twice the whole game that result in me considering not use granade at all. And granade is still good for taking mages, snipers, etc.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
In the 'epilogue' as you call it, they're basically in every encounter. But it's mostly the ones labelled grenadier I think. Kinda takes the wind out of Is0bels grenade launcher of win.

Also,
Can someone explain to me why the Lotus would go Seattle at the end? Is there any in-universe reason why they would do that? Why Seattle? Why not anywhere else?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom