Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun: Hong Kong Pre-Release Discussion [GO TO NEW THREAD]

How much HBS is going to get for his Hong Kong campaign ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There are no HK keys yet.

Where is my fucking email Infinitron

Not sure you're supposed to get one, in which case HBS may have just given out a bunch of spare keys to Kickstarter backers by accident.

We could ask Angthoron to ask them about it...but I'm not sure I want them to notice those. :M Don't worry, it's not like you won't get your key in the end.

Last edited:

Angthoron

Arcane
There are no HK keys yet.

Where is my fucking email Infinitron

Not sure you're supposed to get one, in which case HBS may have just given out a bunch of spare keys to Kickstarter backers by accident.

We could ask Angthoron to ask them about it...but I'm not sure I want them to notice those. :M Don't worry, it's not like you won't get your key in the end.
Any day, actually. We were already talking with Robin about it, but there was some delay. I'll get in touch with him again. There'll be a newspost when I can name a concrete day/know that the accounts have been created.

rrc2soft

Educated
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
NEW UPDATE - Screenshots Included

...here!

d72f0720445b3e1b57230f8311142bd2_original.png

5dcb16dcfd072d4db6609ba6b4d6e638_original.png

Last edited:

SwiftCrack

Arcane
I seriously hope they milk this thing until they've tackled every interesting major city in the world.

Wishful thinking, I know.

Starwars

Arcane
Ugh, goddamn... that final urban shot in the trailer got me all hyped and in the mood for some cyberpunk.

EDIT: Also, that final screenshot... Kowloon perhaps?

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Backed and waiting to feel the joy :)
However I do wonder, will there be something actually new in this one, except more and better of what we already had? Not that I mind that, just wondering since I can't notice something of the sort

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
Lucky was that menc from Dragonfall, aye? I remember that she talk only once to me, should I replay Dragonfall with her in the team? Something more happend then?

gestalt11

Arbiter
Lucky was that menc from Dragonfall, aye? I remember that she talk only once to me, should I replay Dragonfall with her in the team? Something more happend then?

Pretty sure that is a no, it was just some flavor added in the DC, maybe foreshadow to HK? I think it was because she was a fan favorite, an effective merc and she looked hot.

pippin

Lucky was present in Dragonfall as a hired gun, but they gave her some dialogue and backstory in DC.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I'm pretty impressed with how they're still on track for summer.

It'll probably be September and not August like originally envisioned though. :)

almondblight

Arcane
Pretty sure that is a no, it was just some flavor added in the DC, maybe foreshadow to HK?

Yeah, she mentions how Racter is a new part of her team in one conversation. Also tells you about her dust-ups with the Yakuza while working for them in Japan. I wouldn't be surprised if that might tie in to her and Racter being in Asia.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
At least the wizard and the drone fight in the same area as the meatspace plebs. (well maybe not the wizard, but it's usually possible to have him be with everyone else). The decker OTOH is a special little snowflake who gets a world of his ow. With tons of special rules. Running at superspeed. So you take half the session to entertain a single player while everyone else raids the fridge or play another game. Srsly. fuck deckers.
Heh, I very quickly learned to not include any deckers in the team except as NPCs or hirelings. Easier to just run a meat-campaign with perhaps one magic character who would only get limited Astral projection time.

Alternatively, I've always wanted to run a full Matrix campaign with 3-5 deckers only but never found enough interested players.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom