Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun: Hong Kong Pre-Release Discussion [GO TO NEW THREAD]

How much HBS is going to get for his Hong Kong campaign ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ovplain

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
I dunno, I will really happily play it but I don't see anything really new so far. It seems like a new campaign for the same game. Which is great but no to be excited for (for me)

Plenty for me.=(

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I dunno, I will really happily play it but I don't see anything really new so far.
They will be adding new features, such as the revolutionary option to control the inventory of your party members.
Hahaha you could partly do that before missions in Dragonfall

They had better shown a screenshot of the new matrix instead. :rpgcodex:

Yeah THAT would make me more excited :greatjob:

Gregz

Arcane
I dunno, I will really happily play it but I don't see anything really new so far. It seems like a new campaign for the same game. Which is great but no to be excited for (for me)

Plenty for me.=(

So we're backing kickstarter projects to get DLCs now?

Soo, any improvements on the Editor?

Because seriously, who puts map tiles like this?!

How can you expect strong mod community with such tools...

They will never release useable mod tools because it threatens their revenue stream (getting paid to make DLCs instead of adding features).

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong

Plenty for me.=(

So we're backing kickstarter projects to get DLCs now?
This seems more like goldbox full standalone games using the same engine to me. I back kickstarter projects to get fun games.

Athelas

Arcane
You're doing it wrong. Clearly you should be backing Kickstarter projects to make a political statement.

agris

Arcane
Patron
The idea that everything needs to be constantly improved and updated has really fucked up some great games and systems in the past. I'll take new SR modules of the DF:DC variety over most of the shit that gets shoveled any day. The fact that they're revamping the matrix and improving the inventory control shows that they're being surgical with improvements vs content.

His Majesty

Augur
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
HBS seems to know what they are doing. I am glad they don't feel the need to add in useless crap as part of some overambitious stretch goal. Dragonfall was great in itself and does not need a complete overhaul and most small issues are being addressed anyway so no worries here.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
The idea that everything needs to be constantly improved and updated has really fucked up some great games and systems in the past. I'll take new SR modules of the DF:DC variety over most of the shit that gets shoveled any day. The fact that they're revamping the matrix and improving the inventory control shows that they're being surgical with improvements vs content.

Dragonfall in all it's splendour.. still has some things that could be improved though. I definitely don't want a new game.. I just want steady improvements and more content. Give me more of the same with a bit more polish.

Alfons

Prophet
Dragonfall in all it's splendour.. still has some things that could be improved though. I definitely don't want a new game.. I just want steady improvements and more content. Give me more of the same with a bit more polish.
The ability to initiate and end combat would be nice. There are actually dialogue options that say "attack" and result in the pc screaming "I'm gonna fuck your shit up!" and then being shot point blank in the face 3 times by the npc's.

Athelas

Arcane
Wouldn't that mean you could make any NPC hostile at any time and murder them? I think that's out of scope for the budget they're working with.

The lack of formations is somewhat annoying though.

Stompa

Arcane
The ability to initiate and end combat would be nice. There are actually dialogue options that say "attack" and result in the pc screaming "I'm gonna fuck your shit up!" and then being shot point blank in the face 3 times by the npc's.

That got even worse in Director's Cut with the new cover system, now every shot out in the open was an almost guaranteed crit. I still remember Feuerstelle where every room started with "Hello, we are three mages and we're gonna crit yo ass with sum magic, and you ain't even gonna heal it, because we're huge dicks and use acid!"

Alfons

Prophet
Wouldn't that mean you could make any NPC hostile at any time and murder them? I think that's out of scope for the budget they're working with.
I'm sure they can work around it. Crawling through empty spaces between encounters is a pain in the ass and going second most if not all the time is bullshit.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Things I would like to see:

• More Quests / Side Content
  • More Abilities / Spells / Items / Weapon Choices (I Upgraded my items like twice in Dragonfall)
  • More Optional Content or Hidden Content that you can find if you spend time looking off beaten paths
  • More Multi-Solution Areas (Dragonfall did this often in certain jobs.. I just want more!)
  • More CnC that happens farther down the road..
    • Dragonfall generally would have it's CnC pay off immediately and it almost never carried over past a job

Dragonfall is superior to Shadow Run Returns in every way and I expect more of the same. As the engine becomes more fine tuned and improved I expect more of the KS money to go into content and level design. I don't give a shit about voice acting - save your shekals. Give me a great Shadow Run game with deep plots and cool CnC.

Alfons

Prophet
Another thing that was completely retarded is the fact that you can't use your teammates to pass skill checks.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Another thing that was completely retarded is the fact that you can't use your teammates to pass skill checks.
You can, on Dragonfall I got the companions to do strengh and decking related checks for me, only etiquette checks are PC only.

Alfons

Prophet
You can, on Dragonfall I got the companions to do strengh and decking related checks for me, only etiquette checks are PC only.
Really? How the fuck do you do that? There's a weak wall in the first real level, can you order the ogre to break it?

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Really? How the fuck do you do that? There's a weak wall in the first real level, can you order the ogre to break it?

There is an option 'use your muscle to break the wall'.

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
Replace the two-move system with the superior action point system. :M

Totally agree with you.. For once.. :lol:

Eeeeh depends. Action point systems are cool when you have a plethora of solutions and a lot of variables (Laser squad, x-com etc.) Given the lack of such things in the engine I don't see the point beyond pointless nostalgia.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Replace the two-move system with the superior action point system. :M

Totally agree with you.. For once.. :lol:

Eeeeh depends. Action point systems are cool when you have a plethora of solutions and a lot of variables (Laser squad, x-com etc.) Given the lack of such things in the engine I don't see the point beyond pointless nostalgia.

Does this game really have less things to do then Wasteland 2 or XCom? If you count weapon sets and the special abilities tied to different weapons.. I usually had a fair amount of options I could do.

Not saying they shouldn't add more though ;)

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
Also your first complaint about ending combat whenever you want doesn't make much sense. I can think of only 2 missions in DF that didn't end combat when all visible hostiles were down. Both said missions had a logical reason for why your party couldn't relax, and only required traversing 1-2 turns before encountering more enemies. It was a big problem in DMS I'll grant you that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom