Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun Returns - Dead Man's Switch Original Campaign

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
God dammit where's my free shit.

P.S. Troll portraits are the least of this game's problems FFS.

SophosTheWise

Cipher
it is actually p. cool so far

early game is definitely better than dead man's switch

I actually liked the start of Dead Man's Switch better. I liked that Noir vibe. Now it's just a boring conspiracy. Fights definitely not challenging on normal. Dialogue cool as always, a bit more corny, maybe.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I actually liked the start of Dead Man's Switch better. I liked that Noir vibe. Now it's just a boring conspiracy. Fights definitely not challenging on normal. Dialogue cool as always, a bit more corny, maybe.

DMS's early levels were pretty much a one-track trainride through small levels. The Kesselhaus with its 6 floors is already fucktons of incline.

clemens

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Doritoland :kingcomrade:

So we'll get an other official codexian review ? Now, that's :incline:.

Great to see that influx of worthy front-page content lately.

(Although, I guess in a few years, Codex will be spilling 9/10 reviews like nobody's business...)

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Probably because the options are

Normal
HP bloat and accuracy penalty
Moar HP bloat and miss all the fucking time
In Dead Man's Switch, Very Hard was the only difficulty option with a level playing field. All other options nerfed enemy stats.

It also wasn't "very hard."

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Definitely no HP bloat in Very Hard. Once I got full auto on my assault rifle I one could one-shot almost anything.

set

Cipher
So does this 'dlc' fix all of the issues with the original or is it just more of the same?

Not that the original wasn't unplayable - I beat it twice - but it wasted its potential.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom