Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun Returns - Dead Man's Switch Original Campaign

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Another one. I installed Shadowfall and it went to the same folder as DMS. Does that mean that the latest patch has already been applied or do i still need to install it (1.2.7 was it?) Or do modules have entirely different updates. I suck at google.:(

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
One small question. I decided to replay (probably the starting areas mostly) in DMS. I have a Dragonfall on top and latest patch. Problem is that when i choose the human with no ''professional'' affiliation (as in samurai/decker/etc) i don't get to choose my ''etiquette''? So i get none then? Is that how it should be?

pippin

Yeah, and like someone said there's no real need to minmax in this game. If I remember correctly, the etiquette stuff only affected optional solutions to certain problems, at least in DMS.

Gord

Arcane
Just tested it, if I spend points on charisma, the etiquettes become unlocked correctly.

eXalted

Arcane
I finished Dragonfall and now I'm playing for first time Shadowrun Returns, and for first time with Decker main character.

My question is - How can I increase my IP? I'm dying by two 75 IP shots. My Intelligence and Decking are both 7. Or another attribute/item is needed?

Ninjerk

Arcane
I finished Dragonfall and now I'm playing for first time Shadowrun Returns, and for first time with Decker main character.

My question is - How can I increase my IP? I'm dying by two 75 IP shots. My Intelligence and Decking are both 7. Or another attribute/item is needed?
Is it tied to the deck you're using?

eXalted

Arcane
Ah, I'm stupid - just saw that. I'm still with the starting deck (IP 150). Thanks.

Now I have to push hard the current mission (read - a lot of save and load) and buy a new one ASAP.

Oh, and what does the White Sarky ICs do when they are charging? Man, I sound like a newbie and I completed Dragonfall on hard (it wasn't even that hard) :\

Ninjerk

Arcane
It's been so long since I've played SRR decking portions, so I'm afraid I can't help you much there.

dryan

Arcane
Ah, I'm stupid - just saw that. I'm still with the starting deck (IP 150). Thanks.

Now I have to push hard the current mission (read - a lot of save and load) and buy a new one ASAP.

Oh, and what does the White Sarky ICs do when they are charging? Man, I sound like a newbie and I completed Dragonfall on hard (it wasn't that hard even) :\

I don't know either, but White Sparky's look like mage equivalents to me, so I guess when it's charging it's doing the equivalent of a mage buffing himself.

eXalted

Arcane
Seems to me like they are storing charges to release them as spells. - I don't know.

Is it only me or it seems that there are a lot more Matrix sequences (and longer) in SRR than in Dragonfall?

DeepOcean

Arcane
Seems to me like they are storing charges to release them as spells. - I don't know.

Is it only me or it seems that there are a lot more Matrix sequences (and longer) in SRR than in Dragonfall?
White Sparky's can be dangerous when fully loaded, by the end of the game one hit by them can go up 100 IP. When they are fully charged, the best thing to do is to break line of sight because if they can't use their attack on the same turn they finished loading, they have to start all over again.

eXalted

Arcane
DeepOcean Thanks for the info. On maximum difficulty it sure will make difference.

So it seems that I asked the "why my IP is so low" during the latest Matrix instance in the campaign just before the final mission. I expected the game to be longer and it surprised me. In Dragonfall they really expanded on all the ideas and opportunities that the engine gives them.

Last edited:

Prime Junta

SMG build street samurai is even more OP though.

I loved SRR, especially Dragonfall, but the systems are broken as fuck.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The bigger problem is that encounters are too easy.
RPG systems are complex, an original one can be expected to be somewhat broken in its first version.

But they could have made harder enemies anyway.
Is this not fixed by mods already?

Prime Junta

Prob with SRR and side content is that neither of the campaigns had much optional sidequests. Hard enemies on the crit path are bad news for anything that attempts to be at all mainstream (like SRR does). IMO a better solution would've been just to add another difficulty level, with more enemies that shoot straighter and hit harder.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So bought both DMS and Dragonfall for a few jewro and just finished DMS.

Gotta say, I liked it a lot. No idea why I've put it off for so long. Prolly due to the Codex horde saying it's a shitty flash game, a dumbed down piece of popamole. Bullshit. For that price it's a solid turn based fun. It could've been longer, Galaxy clocked 11 hours, but hey for 3 jewro it's more than plenty.

Now onto Dragonfall, seeing the Codex fapping and jizzing all over it during last years GOTY I have high hopes.

SquidLord

Educated
TLDR: It’s okay 5/10

I was on a plain and needed something light and fluffy to play. Mods I didn't see a forum for reviews if his should be someplace else feel move it.

I heard that this was ‘the bad one’ so I was pleasantly surprised by the plot and pacing. I enjoyed the story they told and the few sidequests were short enough that they didn’t bog down the experience. I appreciated that the game was short and cheap. It took me 15 hours to beat and I feel like I got my moneys worth.

The systems seemed reasonable no idea how accurately they reflected its pen and paper roots. Super shity that you can’t level up your squad (They auto-level or something). Combat was a lot like nu-xcom but frankly we probably aren’t going to get any turn based combat that is better every again so we should be down on our knees blowing the developer for anything we get.

The interface is mobile garbage. Had I known that I could play the campaign in the Dragonfall engine I would have. It was not until the last level that I realized that there were alternate fire modes based on the character's skill levels. My stupidity is partly to blame but there is no reason for them not to have a bar or some indicator that a menu would come up if you clicked on the icon. The inventory management is also shit.

Their art directing is good and as I’ve said other places that’s all that it needs. The graphics could be carved on a dog’s scrotum and it would still look good if the art direction is right. I’m surprised that they didn’t have full voice acting but I can’t say I care that they don’t.

I’ll probably grab Dragonfall when it’s on sale and I need to take another trip since this one is okay and the word is it’s better.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Playing this again after having finished Dragonfall and Hong Kong. Really enjoying it. Has the best visuals and portraits in the series, and I also appreciate the more linear approach as well. Good missions as well. Also loads/saves/performs much better than the newer games on my laptop, while looking as good if not better. Plus the story is cool. Great game overall.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom