Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun Returns Pre-Release Thread

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
So according to the newest update Physical Adepts are in if they reach $1.75M. I guess food is off the menu for me in May.

You can get all the nutrition you need with just bread and water! :p
Or skip it all for beer, which is as everyone knows liquid bread.

Drink Guinness! It's like breakfast in a can.

Deleted member 7219

You don't trust the creator of the PnP Shadowrun series?

I didn't say I didn't trust him, I said I didn't know him. I suppose that could also I mean I don't 'trust' him too, but only because I've played the games Avellone and Fargo have been involved in so I know how talented they are and what I can expect from them. I haven't played anything made by this guy.

Destroid

Arcane
You don't trust the creator of the PnP Shadowrun series?

To be honest the guy doesn't write very tight rules, neither Shadowrun nor Battletech are particularly accomplished mechanically, but he does write cool settings.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
And Shadowrun's setting is terrible, it's Gibson meets Tolkien wowowowowowowowowow two shit authors that taste shitty together.

Destroid

Arcane
I agree actually, I'm not too fond of Shadowrun's setting. SLA is my preferred cyberpunk PnP RPG. I like the Battletech setting though, I've even read some of the (derpy) novels.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I've been meaning to lower my contribution a bit for a while (I rememberd how the gov'ment loves slapping extra taxes on stuff shipped from overseas and I'm not THAT eager to have dogtags). I think I'll wait until the project hits 1.75mil and lower it just as it crosses the boundary to troll the people in the comments section.
:troll:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It's better than the fucking boring bland shit BioWare crapped out.
I thought you liked Mass Effect...?

Funny you say that though, since a ton of Bioware employees donated as soon as the news hit. And you know who's contributed to over half a dozen Shadowrun books? Jennifer Hepler. :smug:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Rpguey gonna Rpguey.... Most of his posts are honestly too predictable lately. Almost like Volo. OH well. Carry on. What's this thread about again?

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Funded.

$1,836,447 + $52,969

:salute:

Godspeed. Let's see if they manage to deliver!

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
It would be funny if the game ended up being like Angry Birds with bullets instead of birds.

Or Tetris with datastores instead of cubes.
Haha, perhaps you're right, it could be a gigantic troll project, with each of the class perspectives corresponding to a casual minigame!
Samurai: Angry Birds style shooting with bullets instead of birds.
Decker: Tetris with datastores instead of cubes.
Combat mage: Bejeweled with magic glyphs instead of gems.
Rigger: Peggle with a spherical drone instead of balls.
Shaman: Plants vs zombies with spirits instead of plants and security guards instead of zombies.

:troll:

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Backers should check their e-mails. Second City Survey is a go!

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Any recommendations from the people who actually played the PNP and know these cities?The ones available are Berlin,Chicago,Denver,Hong Kong,London and more Seattle

I am torn between Hong Kong and more Seattle at the moment

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Just from reading the descriptions I'm thinking Denver or more Seattle. I've never played the PNP.

Denver sounds like there's going to be 6 competing factions, but a single, larger, more-filled-out city sounds nice too.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
What makes you want Chicago? It doesn't sound all that intriguing to me. Chicago is the city closest to me and the only one on that list I've been to, but that'd be a lame reason for choosing it.

What makes you want Chicago? It doesn't sound all that intriguing to me. Chicago is the city closest to me and the only one on that list I've been to, but that'd be a lame reason for choosing it.

Fallen debris, ghosts, ghouls, and bugs that lay eggs = abandonment, "ghost town"... :D That's what I like... But I don't think Chicago's gonna win anyway. I like the USA, and I hope someday I'll get to go there and visit some of the cities like Chicago, it's always been a dream of mine.

Voted Berlin, would like a little variety.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom