Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun Returns Pre-Release Thread

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
Speaking of which, does Dgaider even post here anymore? I think he just folded, spread his ass cheeks and is enjoying the $ dick ride considering the titles he's worked on recently. At least Obsidian seems to be in a constant state of "fighting against full penetration".

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
If anyone thinks this is going to be the HOLY GRAIL of Shadowrun as a cRPG with incredibly complex stat/skill combat, choice and consequences, non linear, multiple ways of doing things, I think you are completely deluding yourself. I don't even think a single developer there even knows or has even head of such things. Granted the actual writer of the original PnP rule system is the CEO there, I'm not really expecting anything too deep.

I basically am expecting a fun cRPG like romp IN THE FUCKING GREATEST PnP SETTING EVAR! (and perhaps similar to the SNES and Genesis games). And is thankfully free of the fucking moronic influence of Publishers and their retarded Marketing Departments (Only make games THAT SELL to a wide audience! OMG PROFIT! Gotta make the share holders happy!).

I think this is probably close to the truth. SRR will be a whole different beast than WL2. A lot of people may realize this just after their money is collected. But on the other hand, even if this is the case one can still pledge 15$ and pray, it's no big deal as long as you don't build up astronomic expectations.

15$ for a science fiction game with isometric perspective and turn based combat. As long as there is little competition it sounds like a fair deal.

Destroid

Arcane
I hope they get Clint Langly to do some art.

cDk9n.jpg

_6517175406.jpg

You should again watch their first kickstarter video. He seems to talk about making a real deep rpg, don't know why most of you think it will be some "simpler" game. Only if he's not telling the truth...

LordDenton

Augur
You should again watch their first kickstarter video. He seems to talk about making a real deep rpg, don't know why most of you think it will be some "simpler" game. Only if he's not telling the truth...
Keep in mind that Facebook games tend to call themselves "deep rpgs". Your definition of "deep" might not be the same as his definition of "deep". :obviously:

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Yeah but this is the writer of a legendary PnP system we're talking about.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I haven't been able to find this info anywhere -- anyone got any idea how many MegaPulses the USB dog tag will contain? Is it an adequate substitution for a Fairlight Excalibur?

(If you had to look up Megapulse or Fairlight Excalibur, you are dead to me chummer)

Morkar Left

Probably not. Fairlight Excalibur is state-of-the-art in 2050. The best stuff you can get. The USB dog tag is to small for such hightech stuff.

Will contribute 30$ and see how it turns out.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Drek. :(
Will it at least come with enough megapulses to store a rating 2 agent and a couple of rating 3-5 combat programs? also, what is the conversion rate between megapulses and gigabytes?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Here's hoping it's 50+MP then so I can use it for other thingies and stuffies besides storing a game. That's only 10% of the storeage on an off-the-shelf Fairlight Excalibur though. :( It's more like a Cyber Shack PCD-500.

(guess who played a decker in SR2/SR3 before declining and turning mage in SR4 until he got the option to roll a rogue AI)

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Any new info on this one? It seems like forever since any news/ update came from them. The pledges also seemed to have slowed to a crawl, much more so than with W2 or DF at this point. I realize they're not exactly at the name recognition level as those two but that would seem to make it even more advantageous to update and set goals as often as possible.

Any new info on this one? It seems like forever since any news/ update came from them. The pledges also seemed to have slowed to a crawl, much more so than with W2 or DF at this point. I realize they're not exactly at the name recognition level as those two but that would seem to make it even more advantageous to update and set goals as often as possible.

Have you already seen these, as these were posted a few days ago:

World of Shadowrun Primer (What is this Shadowrun thing anyway?)
http://harebrained-schemes.com/shadowrun/primer/

Written Interview with Jordan
http://www.cgmonthly.com/about/interviews/item/19513-shadowrun-returns,-hopefully-here-to-stay.html

Podcasts with Jordan
http://padinga.com/2012/04/17/the-game-show-1011-live-interview-featuring-shadowrun-returnsjordan-weisman/
http://jchutchins.net/site/2012/04/04/podcast-interview-with-jordan-weisman-on-shadowrun-returns/

There was some new info here, at least for me. Seems they are making a modern version of Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo Shadowrun. And you have a LP of both games here (although SNES one wasn't finished as far as I know).

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I shot them a msg on kickstarter inquiring about the storeage on the USB dog tags:
My agent may have glitched travelling the matrix for this paydata. The $125 bundle dog tag. How many Megapulses will it store? Is it an adequte substitute for a Fairlight excalibur? (also, how many gigabytes can I store in a megapulse? ;)

To which they responded:

We are still pricing those but some place between 4 and 8gb is where we are shooting for.

:decline: Nothing about the size in megapulses and how many I would need to link together to get adequate storeage on my cyberdeck.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
"Megapulses" are intentionally undefined to prevent the term getting outdated as technology progresses IRL :)

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So according to the newest update Physical Adepts are in if they reach $1.75M. I guess food is off the menu for me in May.

I don't know guys, I hope they get to 2 mil at least, but somehow their kickstarter isn't picking up the pace too much these last 3 days. So I don't know will we even reach 1.75 million. :(

Deleted member 7219

I donated $55 to Wasteland because I know and trust Brian Fargo and Chris Avellone. But this guy, I don't know. I still like the guy and the idea so I donated $15 but I won't raise it any higher than that. But something like this would have a hardcore of people who play the PnP game so I reckon they are the ones putting the big bucks in.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom