Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shane Plays - LPs and Interviews

SniperHF

Arcane
Heh, your replies are pretty funny to some of those :retarded: commenters too. And more than 2x the views of your previous videos. Gj all around :incline:

Kutulu

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex
So I rarely if ever post content not directly related to RPGs. However this stunt Marvel has pulled with Captain America really bothers me on a fundamental level and involves the misuse / retconning of beloved characters which can of course also happen with other IP like RPG franchises. Where is the line? I feel Marvel has crossed it.

I know the Codex doesn't have a lot of sympathy for butthurt (and I don't always either) but this personally goes beyond the pale for me with Marvel. I am surprised how upset I am about what they did to Captain America.

Consider this: Marvel took their patriotic, pure and incorruptible WW II character created by Jewish immigrants to fight the Nazis (who killed millions of Jews), and then suddenly said he has really been a Nazi all along. And they did it right before Memorial Day, when we remember those who have died in our wars. Unbelievable.

5d7aa5fa1de1966b2f3691bf238bdd1a.jpg

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
from the comments:
Shane Plays said:
Claw Phoenix said:
Haha wir triumphieren
"wir triumphieren" is German for "we will triumph. Either that comment was a joke in very poor taste, or just proves the point further.
:what:

Heil Hydra!
:flamesaw:

Seriously though, which fucking point?
That something must be WRONG with them?
:retarded:

Calm down, dude.
Captain Sillypants is indeed just a comic book.
I mean even I would boycott writers that lazy who can't think of anything better than a "shocking twist" turning the hero upside down, just to retcon it later, but that outrage is really a bit embarrassing.

Last edited:

Mustawd

I mean even I would boycott writers that lazy who can't think of anything better than a "shocking twist" turning the hero upside down, just to retcon it later, but that outrage is really a bit embarrassing.

Meh, it's all relative. FO3 is technically "just a game", but it's also the worst thing that ever happened to me in my life.

sstacks

Arcane
from the comments:
Shane Plays said:
Claw Phoenix said:
Haha wir triumphieren
"wir triumphieren" is German for "we will triumph. Either that comment was a joke in very poor taste, or just proves the point further.
:what:

Heil Hydra!
:flamesaw:

Seriously though, which fucking point?
That something must be WRONG with them?
:retarded:

Calm down, dude.
Captain Sillypants is indeed just a comic book.

I would say if someone came along after Captain America was announced to be a Nazi agent for his entire 75 years history and said "we will triumph" in German and meant it... yeah that would prove kind of a troubling point.

And I reserve the right to be embarrassingly outraged, thank you very much. It's the new America.

Kutulu

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex
All that proves is that the nazis where right, the jews did it.

Thank em for turning everything into: Womenz, Gays, Blacks, Bananabreadkind and ultimately shekels.

sstacks

Arcane
So this past Saturday's show had Joe and Hannah of Whalenought on for a few minutes at the beginning to help remind folks about their Copper Dreams Kickstarter. The rest of the show is non CRPG related, but posting here just in case anyone wants to listen to Whalenought's portion... I don't think they shared anything groundbreaking.

Mustawd

Tuning in.

EDIT: Way to spoil the Matrix for me Shane.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mustawd

Can you ask him how far the book will go in terms of modern years? I see 2014, but will it stop there? I can understand that he can't continue adding to his book as it'll never be finished, but is 2014 basically the cutoff point?

Nael

Arcane
I tuned in late. Has the conversation drifted into trannies and defense of Western Civilization yet?

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Can you ask him how far the book will go in terms of modern years? I see 2014, but will it stop there? I can understand that he can't continue adding to his book as it'll never be finished, but is 2014 basically the cutoff point?
Latest preview has a nice review on Sunless Sea, from 2015. And I'm trying to get George from SuperBunnyHop back to do Twicther 3. :3

But that might be my cutting point, reviews of this kind are better done in hindsight, and as you said, I can't keep adding them forever...

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Latest preview has a nice review on Sunless Sea, from 2015. And I'm trying to get George from SuperBunnyHop back to do Twicther 3. :3

But that might be my cutting point, reviews of this kind are better done in hindsight, and as you said, I can't keep adding them forever...
You need tworment and copper dreams though.

Mustawd

Cool, I didn't know FRUA would be covered.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom