Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shane Plays - LPs and Interviews

Nael

Arcane
This was cool. Gonna have to listen to the podcast so I can catch what they were saying about Brazil. I caught the very tail end of that conversation and it sounded like it was interesting.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
This was cool. Gonna have to listen to the podcast so I can catch what they were saying about Brazil. I caught the very tail end of that conversation and it sounded like it was interesting.
Short version: Brazil suffers a military coup in 1964, country was closed and importing computers / software was declared illegal in 84 (to make local companies STRONK!). Yet we only had shitty Apple II and Spectrum clones, plus some lame MSX computers. Country opens again in 1994, but it's in HUGE economic crisis (1100% inflation per year), so PCs are luxury. Only in late 90's/early 00's, with the help of LAN Houses, internet and Counter-Strike PCs start to get popular here.

But my dad was a computer engineer, went full HUEHUE and smuggled an Amiga in, so I was raised as a Special PC Master Race Snowflake in console-country. :3

vonAchdorf

Arcane
But my dad was a computer engineer, went full HUEHUE and smuggled an Amiga in, so I was raised as a Special PC Master Race Snowflake in console-country. :3

I remember reading that today consoles are super expensive because of tariffs and import taxes (I think there were articles that the PS4 was over $1500 in Brazil and that Nintendo left the market).

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Oh please, tell me about the amazing games library the MSX1 computers had.

The only decent games it were for the MSX2 - which AFAIK didn't made into HUEHUElands, and mostly are Japanese-only.

sstacks

Arcane
This episode: We explore the Woods Edge map which has lots of nice traps and encounters, and then find a surprise right when we think we're almost done with the area.

sstacks

Arcane
This is the System Shock pre-alpha demo from Night Dive Studios. Night Dive is currently remaking the original well remembered game.

It locks up about 20 minutes in, but hey it's pre-alpha :)

sstacks

Arcane
This episode: Our boss gets a demotion. We get a promotion. We finally get a companion (guess who?). Mail call brings another vanity pet and a sweet ride. Some quest cleanup and now we're on the verge of heading off planet!

sstacks

Arcane
System Shock & Night Dive Studios!

Highlights: Geek news; new System Shock game with Stephen Kick of Night Dive Studios. What's Chris Avellone's involvement? An appearance by Fragments of Silicon's Adam Dayton.

Infinitron I suspect you'll be interested in the comments re: Chris Avellone 's involvement around the 37:40 mark, it's actually more substantial than I assumed and beyond just stretch goal type involvement. Stephen also mentions towards the end that they are going to release an updated demo in a couple of weeks that fixes a few things such as being able to use the grenades.

sstacks

Arcane
This episode: Who are the Dragonbloods? Why do they pop up when discussing Jarhild's missing siblings and Larethar's friend's quest? Bums love their boots. We take a beatdown.

sstacks

Arcane
This episode: "Just a few things before we leave" ... yeah, right. At least we finally get a cleric and we really are ready to leave Baldur's Gate and head to Dragonspear Castle now. Onward with many butts to kick.

sstacks

Arcane
Last edited:

sstacks

Arcane
Highlights: Pokemon Go news; Turbine Games MMORPGs The Lord of the Rings Online and Dungeons & Dragons Online with Johnny Wood and Jerry Snook.

sstacks

Arcane
Gary Gygax & The Empire of the Imagination!

Highlights: Geek news; Author Michael Witwer & his Gary Gygax biography Empire of the Imagination. Special Guest: Stephen Chenault of Troll Lord Games.

sstacks

Arcane
This video features beginning game play and a combat sequence.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom