Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Shocking Report From RPS: First Hours of Mass Effect: Andromeda Stinks

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Tags: BioWare; Mass Effect: Andromeda

John Walker of Rock Paper Shotgun has played the first few hours of Bioware's highly anticipated Mass Effect: Andromeda, the epic sci-fi role-playing game due later this month (March 21 NA, March 23 Europe – as if you hadn't marked your calendars already).

Apparently, he thinks it's a badly written piece of crap. Wait - what - how could this be?

[...] The first few hours of Andromeda are a gruesome trudge through the most trite bilge of the previous three games, smeared out in a setting that’s horribly familiar, burdened with some outstandingly awful writing, buried beneath a UI that appears to have been designed to infuriate in every possible way.

[...] I’m at a loss. What I expect from BioWare is slightly dodgy combat, but splendid writing and characters. What I’ve seen so far is some decent enough combat (but nothing beyond what you’d expect in a third person shooter), and some of the most dreadful writing. I cannot emphasise enough how poor it’s been.​

Thank you for the report, John Walker. We are all very shocked.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Within seconds you’re apparently the Chosen One, a Pathfinder (..) Before the term has even been explained to you, you’re granted that awe-inspiring title of “Pathfinder”. People stop and mutter reverently when they realise it’s you

:deathclaw:

Outmind

Augur
I never got the Mass effect hype. True, I've only played the first game, but already it seemed like a watered-down version of KOTOR story and character-wise with minimal rpg elements and mediocre combat. Now I see the hype for Andromeda EVERYWHERE, especilly with PC Gamer whose FB feed is so oversaturated with Andromeda news that it's not even funny anymore.

Naraya

Arcane
Meanwhile Kotaku maintains high level of asslicking professionalism, as usual: https://kotaku.com/five-hours-in-mass-effect-andromeda-is-overwhelming-1793268493

:lol:

SDiiSUD.gif

Darkzone

Arcane
I never got the Mass effect hype. True, I've only played the first game, but already it seemed like a watered-down version of KOTOR story and character-wise with minimal rpg elements and mediocre combat. Now I see the hype for Andromeda EVERYWHERE, especilly with PC Gamer whose FB feed is so oversaturated with Andromeda news that it's not even funny anymore.
You can fuck with guys, girls and aliens, no matter which gender you play.

Nael

Arcane
Tags: BioWare; Mass Effect: Andromeda

[...] I’m at a loss. What I expect from BioWare is slightly dodgy combat, but splendid writing and characters. What I’ve seen so far is some decent enough combat (but nothing beyond what you’d expect in a third person shooter), and some of the most dreadful writing. I cannot emphasise enough how poor it’s been.​

So the writing is... good?

Not sure what to make of this. Its like a Muslim complaining about something meaning its probably something I would favor unless we're talking about a plague or a cataclysmic meteor strike.

Tao

Savant
I think this game is not that anticipated as you say. There are more negative comments than positive in every video and news i read so far. I suspect the moron of Walker knew this and made a clickbaiting article as he usually does.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
I read that article and it is gold. Especially funny when he shows the retarded companion AI that instead of using stairs decides to jump over a rail and down some barrels or both companions standing on a nearby sofa while waiting for the player or not being able to just follow the player but first running in random directions and then coming back :D

Ignatius Reilly

Scholar
I just don't understand how these multi-million dollar companies could keep making terrible UIs. You'd think there'd be a pretty solid guideline for what works by now. Somehow they keep mixing up their cinematics and UI departments. Maybe a ploy to pad the playtime.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Well, as I mentioned in another thread, I have become less hawkish on the less/fewer divide since I learned that in all of recorded English-language usage, "less" has been "misused" by the highest practitioners of English writing. I also feel like there's a reasonably good chance that the who/whom correction in the game is wrong, since getting the usage right is not really so easy. But it just struck me as a funny issue.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom