Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Shocking Report From RPS: First Hours of Mass Effect: Andromeda Stinks

Max Stats

Liturgist
MMORPG.com - Catherine Daro - 8.7 / 10

Mass Effect: Andromeda is a very solid game

Translation, EA's check didn't bounce.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Don’t waste your money on Mass Effect: Andromeda
By
STSAdmin

This is the first time that AgeOfShitlords is publishing an article about a video game (whether pro or against). That alone should tell you that we wouldn’t be writing if we didn’t think it was necessary.

To those who aren’t huge gamers or are just in the dark about this particular video game, Mass Effect: Andromeda is an upcoming action role-playing video game developed by BioWare and published by Electronic Arts, which is scheduled for release in North America on March 21, 2017 and in Europe on March 23, 2017 (Basically this week). It will be the fourth entry overall in the Mass Effect series. The movie has caused quite the stir on social media these past few months and for good reasons too. I’m going to give you two very good reasons why you shouldn’t waste any money on this piece of rag

1. Shitty Video game with shitty designs
Red flag: The first three Mass Effect games were produced by the same writers, directors, designers, programmers, artists, composers and with the same engine (Not that the game’s engine necessarily matters). This new one is being produced by a completely different team. If your main motivation for ordering this game is your love/nostalgia for the previous games, well you can put that to rest.

mass-effect-different-team.jpg

It also doesn’t help that the lead facial animator for the game has been revealed to be an online cosplayer with no Video game experience.

I wish I was making this up:

How did the facial animations end up so ass, though? Well, maybe it has something to do with the fact that an inexperienced cosplayer was chosen to be the “Lead Facial Animator” on this project. While [Allie Rose-Marie Leost] does have some background in art, there’s zilch on her résumé when it comes to, ya know, making video games.

View image on Twitter
C7KIiHMU8AA7d8M.jpg

Follow
AgoristPolwright @AdVictoriam1978

This is who was the lead animator for #MassEffectAndromeda

Oh god. My sides!

'Experience: Very Experienced"

As expected, the animations in the video game look like they were cooked up on 32-bit Nintendo DS. The female characters were intentional drawn to be ugly, so as not to promote “Unhealthy beauty standards”.

The bad animations and cringy dialogue range from “bad” to “atrocious”. There are absolutely no redeeming qualities.

2. SJW Propaganda with a taste of Anti-white racism

There has been talk online for some time now of Bioware being taken over by Social Justice Warriors. This video game proves it.

BioWare Gameplay designer, Manveer Heir, a key developer in the upcoming Mass Effect game, is a white-hating racist who has made it clear that he hates white people and wants nothing to do with them. Its safe to say he doesn’t want your money either.

While some people could be excused for simply hopping on the “It’s okay to mock white people” bandwagon, as popularized by BuzzFeed listicles, Heir’s naked prejudice goes as far back as 2011, revealing a strongly cultivated sense of disdain toward white people. There are remarks ranging from mild jokes and unoriginal humor to admissions that he feels uncomfortable around white people. He even bragged that he enjoyed messing with white people by “scaring them with [his] brown skin” as payback for racism after 9/11.

Several times, Heir made it apparent that his beef wasn’t simply with white people whom he mocked for their “white fragility,” (i.e. white people who can’t take criticism), but white people in general. In one instance, he wrote: “I’m officially following 1000 people now. I think I’m going to spend part of today clearing out who I follow, specifically white men.”

Heir has attempted to justify his unprovoked offensiveness. He tweeted: “A white person being called ‘racist’ is the closest they’ll ever get to being called ‘nigger’. It upsets them so much. #stillnotclosethough”

When a Sikh man was assaulted in Chicago, he held all white people accountable. He wrote: “The real terrorists are already on American soil and they are white.”

In multiple tweets, it is apparent that Heir firmly believes that he is fighting against white supremacy, and he argues that white people stand to gain by simply remaining silent in the face of derision, criticism, and mockery. He wrote: “in the same way men can benefit from shutting up & just listening to women’s issues, white people can benefit from shutting up.”

Going well beyond the realm of social justice, Heir also mocked white people in general for their appearance and strangely also for the odd habits of people he’s worked with at BioWare, describing them as “nasty white folk.” He has, at points, joked about murdering white people.

Of course, we cant really tell you what to do with your money, this is a free country after all. You have every right to waste your money on a shitty game. I wouldn’t advise it though.

If you want to play the game just to see how terrible it truly is, then wait for the pirated version like everyone else.

I usually pirate games because I’m broke, I’m going to pirate this one on general principle.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom