Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Short RPGs

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Why do you want a short game anyway? I never understood people who say stuff like, "Game is too long." It makes no sense. If the game is fun you would want it to be as long as possible. If you want it to end, it can't be that good. Unless you are a storyfag playing only for story, in which case most of the recommendations in this thread are invalid anyway.
There are people who have "better short and good than long and boring" mindset, even to this day I can spot them on the forums or comment sections. Horrible creatures, avoid them whenever you can.
Short and good is ok. But this thread seems to be hunting down anything that is just short.

You didnt read the OP well.

Read this: "can you, please, list some incline RPGs that aren't long?"
It is kind of an oxymoron though. To me incline RPGs are stuff like ToEE, Icewind, Krondor, etc. Big, deep and interesting, but they take time to play through. I only know a few short RPGs that were ok, and they were... 'ok'.

Citizen

Ravenloft: Stone Prophet, it's a good real-time blobber with absolutely brilliant graphics and art. It also is very short, I remember it being 20-30 hours long.

ProphetSword

Arcane
Developer
Ravenloft: Stone Prophet, it's a good real-time blobber with absolutely brilliant graphics and art. It also is very short, I remember it being 20-30 hours long.

By complete coincidence, I was just playing this half an hour ago for the first time. I found the combat completely frustrating. Maybe the OP will have better luck.

That being said, GOG is currently running a sale on D&D games. You get something like 11 games for less than $8.00. Lots of classic AD&D goodness to be found in there if you don't have them, including:

Pool of Radiance
Curse of the Azure Bonds
Secret of the Silver Blades
Pools of Darkness
Hillsfar
Gateway to the Savage Frontier
Treasures of the Savage Frontier
Menzoberranzan
Ravenloft - Strahd's Possession
Ravenloft - Stone Prophet
Forgotten Realms Unlimited Adventures
Dungeon Hack

These vary in length, but the Gold-Box games are definitely worth playing.

Last edited:

Bio Force Ape

Arcane
I mean, I like cheeseburgers, but this one's too big:
worlds-biggest-hamburger-3.jpg

Get it now?

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Shadow Watch is a nice tactical combat game with "RPG elements": you have six premade characters with different abilities who level up and you pick how to advance their skill trees. There's a randomized/CYOA story, different every playthrough. Missions are bite-sized and some are longer than others. Perfect game for the "gamer with a life". Now on sale for $2 on gog.

Last edited by a moderator:

Citizen

1200px-RPG-28_grenade_launcher_at_Interpolitex-2016_01.jpg

These single-use RPGs are pretty short, less than 800mm. Why do you need a short one, though? You can't carry them to an airport even if it fits your bag.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom