Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Should I get Gat out of Hell?

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Are you that naive?

In 2 years after SR3 they made 4, so I was expecting them to release another big game some-time soon.

In other news.

There is no customization for Gat or Kinzie in Gat out of Hell, but there are upgrades for weapons, player abilities, and powers.

That pisses me off. One of the reason I wanted to try it was playing dress-up with Gat and Kinzie.

Deleted member 7219

Saints Row 4 was a big improvement over 3. I enjoyed almost all of it. Shame this one looks like such a rushjob.

deuxhero

Arcane
Saints Row 4 was a big improvement over 3. I enjoyed almost all of it. Shame this one looks like such a rushjob.

Yeah, all problems I had with 4 were the result of 3's engine (well aside from the length) and seeing them use it again was pretty disappointing.
I was a lot less :hmmm: when I saw that it was only 20 bucks which put it more to "maybe when it's 3 bucks" than "whatever".

OTOH Kinzie and Viola were a step-up when it came to female characters and each PC voice had its own unique lines in places so playing as a female PC felt less like playing as a man in all but voice and appearance. 4 improved even moreso.

The lines were only the same in cutscenes (most likely for timing purposes). In mission dialog (while driving, shooting ect) dialog and misc comments varied a lot, especially for female voice 3 where large chunks were in unsubtitled Spanish.

I will say that the physical look of female characters is much better except for the eyelashes, especially with the hair (physics mean you can actually have long hair!) in 3 even if everything else was shit

Last edited:
I liked it when Viola, voiced by Sasha Grey, complained about having to dress like a slut for a mission.

A horse of course

Sasha Grey is ugly and devoid of charisma

GooH is yet another DLC pack shekelfied into a "game", though I'll still get it eventually.

DeepOcean

Arcane
The powers were a nice addition to Saints IV, it was a pity that everything else gameplay wise, gunplay, challenge, variety, activities it was even more shitter than SR 3 that it was a shittier version of SR 2, THQ just did as a cash grab version of SR 2 to try escape bankrupcy. Basically you are asking if its a good idea to send money to people that do cashgrabs of cashgrabs of cashgrabs, the short answer is no.

SR is a fun series. Don't let the SJW tards dictate what you should or shouldn't play.

The player gets to do it too :)

It's a totally different situation really. There were 3 logical reasons for killing Jessica like that
-To avenge the death of Carlos which she probably orchestrated (she's the one who gives you a call about him being dragged through the streets)
-To eliminate a high ranking member of the Brotherhood
-To get Maero who was pretty careful dude to go out of hiding and make a mistake
On a different note, I liked how the protag realized that he fucked-up by murdering Jessica since he could get her to tell him about the shipment. It's not usual for a generic PC to make a major fuck-up like that.

logical reasons

:hero:

"A strong female character was fridged during a display of toxic masculinity. You should be ashamed for even trying to justify that shit."

I've actually seen a post saying it was "a bit excessive". They probably forgot it was her who ordered Carlos' execution, not Maero.

On another occasion, I saw a post by someone who felt "disturbed" by the scene where the son of the Ronins' leader is buried alive by Gat and the protagonist. The kid was the one who ordered the Ronin's lieutenant to kill that lady friend of yours, iirc. Funny how people are okay with villain doing horrible things but when a villainous protagonist repays the kindness it looks worse.

Last edited:
I've actually seen a post saying it was "a bit excessive". They probably forgot it was her who ordered Carlos' execution, not Maero.

On another occasion, I saw a post by someone who felt "disturbed" by the scene where the son of the Ronins' leader is buried alive by Gat and the protagonist. The kid was the one who ordered the Ronin's lieutenant to kill that lady friend of yours, iirc. Funny how people are okay with villain doing horrible things but when a villainous protagonist repays the kindness it looks worse.

Well people usually are all-right with villains doing cruel shit instead of them. I've played 2 after The Third and was a bit disturbed by how batshit crazy the protag in 2 was. It's especially evident in Brotherhood's storyline where he gets totally over the top against people who just offered him a shitty deal and in "Revelation".

Male gang lieutenant orders your people killed, you retaliate (and use it to send a message)- Typical male machismo bullshit

Female gang lieutenant orders your people killed, you retaliate (and use it to send a message)- :mob: Hm...need a female one of these.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
We're now seriously discussing if a company or game is SJW unfriendly enough to be worth playing? Anyone realise just how much of a pot and kettle approach to internet stupidity that is?

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
We're now seriously discussing if a company or game is SJW unfriendly enough to be worth playing? Anyone realise just how much of a pot and kettle approach to internet stupidity that is?

Most of us, yes. Only a few people don't have even half of brain and keep talking about this shit. To everyone who want to make arguments about that:w Games are not about SJW. Just nuke that thing from sky and forget it ever exist. We want to play games, not talk how SJW friendly/unfriendly are company of games. We care about how incline/decline they are.

No, but really we talk about that shit for some laugh. It is fun to see how these faggots lost their minds. :troll:

Sometimes it is worth every minute of pain. Gamergate is hilarious and everyone who have brain (most of players that just keep silent) don't care about their shit. Media in internet just keep talking about it.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
We have always been at war with the SJWs.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
didn't you see the recent thread where unacceptably cordial relationships with SJWs were declared by poll to be a bigger problem than games lacking content, good genres being dead, IP rape and budgets being wasted on marketing/graphics

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Saints row is one of the few videogame series that know and actualy take Joy on the fact they are doing a Damn videogame, with all the over the top power fantasías any healthy male can play with a smile on his face. I have had more fun with this series than virtual any other (excluding Stalker and Souls) in the last hardware generation.
The fact that retards dont get that the game makes fun of the gangsta culture in the first place and that Anita and her SJW bullcrap seem to take such offense over it makes me enjoy it even more.
I dont think Gat will be a cashgrab, probably a $20 for 20 hour gameplay sounds about right to me

The Third is great fun, IV is even more fun. If Gat out of Hell is in the same vein, which so far there isn't any reason to be believe it won't be, let them cashgrab all they want. I'll keep having fun while faggots keep complaining.

You've misinterpreted. I've asked about SJW stuff to know if it will affect their newest games, and as we know from Broken Age and Iquisition and other games pandering to these people makes your game a bland boring mess. Then Roguey here argued that Volition was listening to SJW since SR3, and I argued that it's unlikely considering how SJW-unfriendly the game was.

Well, I am slightly butthurt about not playing as The Boss in this one.

Kind of understandable though, I guess they thought there ain't many more heights for The Boss to reach and decided to opt for something different.

The Third is great fun, IV is even more fun. If Gat out of Hell is in the same vein, which so far there isn't any reason to be believe it won't be, let them cashgrab all they want. I'll keep having fun while faggots keep complaining.

I've already posted a quote from a semi-official faq that states that the game is 6-8 hours long. To be honest seeing as the game had a new town prepared for it (Volition states that it's not Steelport) I'm inclined to believe that they talked about length of the story missions, not counting all the activities , distractions etc.

Kind of understandable though, I guess they thought there ain't many more heights for The Boss to reach and decided to opt for something different.

I was counting on some adventure in time, or an adventure in some time-crossed universe. With a Templar like gang employing historical figures like Joan of Arc and Adolph Hitler.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom