Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

should inXile finally create their own unique IP, god damn, and if so what

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
inxile has, ever since its rebirth as an RPG-centric studio, peddled revivals and sequels.

with so many good designers under their roof, I wager we all think they should create something from scratch. something new.

I know a lot of people are clamoring for a sci-fi RPG. could inxile be the ones to deliver?
with ziets' interests and mccombs background in fantasy pnp, maybe some unorthodox historical fantasy RPG is the way to go?

discuss!!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If "Van Buren" isn't Wasteland 3 then maybe that'll be your unique IP. :P

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Of course they should make a sci-fi RPG. The remakes are just a safer bet, name recognition and all. The chances for something new rise if the current and upcoming stuff sells well. Unless they plan on making Torment/Wasteland/BT sequels forever.

That reminds me, they should beg Games Workshop for a 40k license and make an Inquisition cRPG. Oh sweet baby Jesus.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Well, TToN is a clone but at least it's a clone of something that requires some creative effort.

I'm just tired of genericness, nothing kills my interest faster than medieval jewropean shit, so hopefully BT4 will be their one game with that theme

Andnjord

Arcane
40k license and make an Inquisition cRPG.
Drools... that would be wonderful... hypothetically. Thing is I doubt anyone would ever manage to create something non-retarded out it. Yes, I know there is some good stuff to be found in those licenses, but it's been buried under so much crap lately (Age Of Sigmar....) that nothing good could come out of it.

Has there ever been a cRPG or adventure game made using the W40k or WHFB license by the way?

About a InXile Si-Fi IP, there been so few Si-Fi games (except Shadowrun) that any sort of proper Si-Fi cRPG would be good.

Athelas

Arcane
TURN-BASED SCI-FI PLEASE. THANK YOU.
Wasteland2art.jpg

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
As in SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SCI-FI.

I don't really consider Wasteland (or Fallout) Sci-Fi.... Even though it is, but whatever. :M

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
TURN-BASED SCI-FI PLEASE. THANK YOU.

Indeed.

And preferably a game that balances the variety of content (combat, story, world interaction) more evenly. Seeing how WL2 and BT4 (afaik) are more combat focused, TToN is narrative focused... find the somewhere in between that reaches more towards the systemic variety of interaction.
bg1.png

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
... what advantage does a new I.P. bring that working with an up and coming setting like Numenera doesn't?

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Fargo Effect

The game follows the adventures of Commander Fargo, the first human Spektre (Special Kickstarter Tactics and Reconnaissance), as he tries to protect the galaxy from an ancient and malevolent alien race called the Publishers.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Fargo Effect

The game follows the adventures of Commander Fargo, the first human Spektre (Special Kickstarter Tactics and Reconnaissance), as he tries to protect the galaxy from an ancient and malevolent alien race called the Publishers.
We need to hold another RPG maker contest.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
Tides of Numenera is essentially their own original work, well, minus the PnP base it comes from. The Torment name is just marketing bait.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
... what advantage does a new I.P. bring that working with an up and coming setting like Numenera doesn't?
no involvement from monte cook for one.
complete ownership of the IP.
a chance to create a world from scratch yourself.

hivemind

more important question is if inexile should finally create a good game

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom