Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Should JRPG Discussion become a general "Japanese Games" forum?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
It should be turned into a general weaboo forum where Japanese films, manga, anime, cosplay and culture are discussed along with games.
We have this forum for that: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?forums/codex-public-library.40/
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?forums/politics-god-the-wealth-of-nations.57/
And also this one. Japanese politicians should be treated as retards even when they are Japanese.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
While I am certainly a JRPG fan, I don't feel the need to argue for further integration in the RPG Codex, I knew when I joined that there is a backlash against JRPGs and I don't care, that is part of the culture and as long as a forum exists for JRPGs, we can hang around our little ghetto in peace.

Any further splitting would be ridiculous though. The library can survive a few weeaboo topics without turning SUGOI OTAKU and moving them to the JRPG board, a gaming board, would be weird.

This topic sucks and is now about katanas vs longswords.

Lhynn

Arcane
I could give a couple suggestions on animes/mangas/manhwas that are not strictly shit, with decent to really fucking good writing, and new, interesting ideas.
To make it about more than games.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
You can do that in the public library. In fact majority of Manga are quite decent with interesting ideas. The only exceptions are Naruto, and few others mainly aimed at grown up women.

Lhynn

Arcane
If made on fapan then weeabo section, if make by sweaty americans then on sims i guess, even if they do have more rpg elements than ME3.

Zeriel

Arcane
Oh god, the "should X be split into 5 new forums" discussion is the iconoclastic purges of the Codex. Only great misery can come from asking such existential questions.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Wait, I have the solution!

We just need one giant mega-thread for all Japanese games in General Gaming.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Wait, I have the solution!

We just need one giant mega-thread for all Japanese games in General Gaming.
1367264927775.jpg

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
While I am certainly a JRPG fan, I don't feel the need to argue for further integration in the RPG Codex, I knew when I joined that there is a backlash against JRPGs and I don't care, that is part of the culture and as long as a forum exists for JRPGs, we can hang around our little ghetto in peace.

Any further splitting would be ridiculous though. The library can survive a few weeaboo topics without turning SUGOI OTAKU and moving them to the JRPG board, a gaming board, would be weird.

This topic sucks and is now about katanas vs longswords.
I'd say the biggest irony in the existence of this topic is that JRPG forum is probably the highest quality board in Codex history.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Can we just decide to stop creating, suppressing, remerging, changing rules, or not fuck everything up this week ? I know it sounds difficult, but this shit is really starting to make me reconsider giving financial support to the codex this year.

aleph

Arcane
Just put Demon's Soul/Dark Souls, Etrian Odyssee, SMT threads into General RPG and merge the rest of the JRPG forum with Retardo land

Whisky

The Solution
When I joined the Codex, Jap-shit lovers were spat upon and allowed open season for all codexers. They should find a solution to all you scum, one that's quite final.

Good sir, we're all fighting for incline here. Just like people here who like CRPGS want innovative and deep games, the JRPG fans want the same thing. Just like how Bioware is turning CRPGS into dating simulators, Square is turning JRPGS into corridor simulators. We must band together to fight against a greater enemy than our petty differences: decline.

But yes, JRPG fans are open-game on the Codex, but then, everyone should be open-game here.

Whisky

The Solution
When I joined the Codex, Jap-shit lovers were spat upon and allowed open season for all codexers. They should find a solution to all you scum, one that's quite final.

Good sir, we're all fighting for incline here. Just like people here who like CRPGS want innovative and deep games, the JRPG fans want the same thing. Just like how Bioware is turning CRPGS into dating simulators, Square is turning JRPGS into corridor simulators. We must band together to fight against a greater enemy than our petty differences: decline.

But yes, JRPG fans are open-game on the Codex, but then, everyone should be open-game here.

First abandon that shit jap-anime-manga art-style, it is horrible.
Until then, I am even offended you quoted one of my posts. A weeaboo quoted me!
brb going to shower

You'd actually find quite a few people who agree about modern anime art style being overused in JRPGS. Older sprite graphics could get away with it more, but in modern 3D graphics it tends to make all the characters look like lovedolls and it's creepy.

mondblut

Arcane
Yeah but it's under the "RPG Discussion" header.

Good thinking, bro. Off to general gaming it should go. Better yet, straight to retardo.

And yep, the "jrpg" part is excess, "weeaboo games discussion" works just fine.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom