Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Should quoted text be as large as unquoted text?

Should it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That's how it is on the Obsidian forums and it seems to work well enough.

I often find myself quoting walls of text that are not other people's replies in the same thread, and the default quoted text size is a bit too small for comfort.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
That's how it is on the Obsidian forums and it seems to work well enough.

I often find myself quoting walls of text that are not other people's replies in the same thread, and the default quoted text size is a bit too small for comfort.

How about, you know, quoting actual interesting fragments out of these walls of textes you always post instead of just putting the entire thing in there?

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Ofcourse it's predictable, because that's what normal people usually do when they want to bring a certain point of a quote/link.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I hope you choke on pork.

Seriously Infinitron, not everyone spends most of the day copy pasting entire news articles from other sites and for regular posts this is 100% decline.

31/1/2014, NEVER FORGET.

I did suggest that DU arrange that reply-quotes retain their original smaller font size. That would require work, though. :M

LundB

Mistakes were made.
:decline:

Almost nobody else does this though. Most people quote to you know, quote people. My eyes are usually a meter or more away from my monitor, and I could read your quoted walls of text just fine. Now they take up even more space, and are honestly even less visually pleasing. It's as difficult to read as Fallout's skilldex is difficult to find (can't remember if that was you or grunker but SHOTSFIRED nontheless).

Not everything needs to change for change's sake alone. Don't fix what isn't broken.

Edit: Fuck, threads where people quote eachother's walls of text are going to be even worse now.

Monty

Arcane
Preferred it the way it was before. The different sizes provided a better differentiation between quoted and unquoted text imo. Why not have a poll so we can all vote Kingcomrade and then put it back the way it was anyway.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Almost nobody else does this though.

It's interesting that you of all people are saying this. Quoting entire articles is actually EXTREMELY common in the forum that you moderate. The original posts in the threads in the Politics forum just got a lot more readable.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Lots of things are extremely common in Politics. Lots of awful things.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Should quoted text be as large as unquoted text?

I like it the way it is. Maybe add in some font size option tags for posts if you really want to adjust how your posts look.
There was. It was called the "size" tag:

Code:
[quote][size=3]{quote wall of text here}[/size][/quote]

Apparently that was too slow and Infinitron wanted to copy-paste walls of text quickly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom